Old 07-25-2021, 10:13 AM   #1
TyPie
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI Foot Controllers - ART X-15 UltraFoot

Question for you seasoned users of MIDI controllers, and specifically, foot controllers.

I have an ART X-15 Ulta-Foot MIDI controller in great condition that I used with some ART guitar effects units. It's fully programmable, and I'm wondering how best to use with Reaper. Looking for suggestions.

It's this purple monster for reference. Mine's not for sale!: https://reverb.com/item/40458412-art...ntroller-1990s

I was pretty adept at using this with its sister guitar effects units a while back, but I'm missing the big picture when it comes to optimal uses with a DAW. I'm not a keyboard player per se, but I get around 'functionally' on my MIDI keys. I use mainly for recording, and not performance, but I understand its potential with the MIDI keyboard.

Better to dedicate just for use with keys or effects units, or is there a better use with Reaper?

Ideas, suggestions appreciated. Thanks much.
TyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 11:00 AM   #2
MST

The way I use this kind of midi pedal (ore psychedelic purple alien monster from the fluffie cloud dimensions concerning spiritual sonic manipulation) on reaper is the same way I use it on synths and fx, changing presets, turning stuff on and of, and having some foot control over some chosen function.

My synths and fx are run by Reaper.
MST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:19 PM   #3
hwhalen

I believe I have an ART X-11 somewhere

I'd sell it if I can find it😂
hwhalen is offline   Reply With Quote