Old 10-14-2020, 09:19 AM   #81
FeedTheCat
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonictim View Post
Yes, it was green initially. Then then the regular version was installed it was yellow. Now dev is installed again and it is green.
Nice! Seems like it's working just fine on OSX then.
Quote:
That is interesting Mac let’s you plow through everything. What’s weird, is normally when I install manually it gives me this dialogue about how reaper is unsigned, are you sure you want to run... perhaps since I’ve already installed and given the system permission on them, it was able to barrel right through.
Yeah, it's really weird, but heck I don't know much about OSX. It's not even installing the notarized Catalina version, but apparently there's no issue with that as well.
Quote:
I’m curious what will happen when the next version of reaper comes out. Will report back then.
Nice, thx! Maybe try it as/inside a startup action so you (hopefully) get the notification. It's kind of unfortunate there's isn't many updates lately. Cmon Cockos!
Old 10-14-2020, 11:30 AM   #82
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Initially, it just gave me a window that slowly pulses "OS X is not supported (yet)..."
This is happening for me too! OS 10.14.6 and Reaper 6.14/64...
Tone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:21 PM   #83
FeedTheCat

Hi Tone Ranger,

There was a small update today. Have you synchronized ReaPack?
Old 10-14-2020, 01:37 PM   #84
sonictim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheCat View Post
Nice! Seems like it's working just fine on OSX then.

Yeah, it's really weird, but heck I don't know much about OSX. It's not even installing the notarized Catalina version, but apparently there's no issue with that as well.
In many ways, this is actually a feature. The Catalina approval thing, while easily dealt with, is still a minor PITA. I’ll have to examine your script closely and figure out how you managed to bypass it!

I’m being super lazy right now by not going back through the forum to check, but how do I use your script as a startup action in such a way the upgrade window will only show if there’s a new version available? I don’t want to have to close the script window every time I start reaper.
sonictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:51 PM   #85
FeedTheCat

Quote:
In many ways, this is actually a feature. The Catalina approval thing, while easily dealt with, is still a minor PITA. I’ll have to examine your script closely and figure out how you managed to bypass it!
Funnily enough, it wasn't working until I tried it without the elevated privileges. I might try to add them again though, so that it's consistent with Windows & Linux. Also there might be issues atm if Reaper is installed in some weird location.

Quote:
I’m being super lazy right now by not going back through the forum to check, but how do I use your script as a startup action in such a way the upgrade window will only show if there’s a new version available? I don’t want to have to close the script window every time I start reaper.
There's no special setup necessary. It auto-detects if it is being used during startup and silently checks for new versions.

Last edited by FeedTheCat; 10-14-2020 at 02:09 PM.
FeedTheCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:37 PM   #86
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Hi Tone Ranger,

There was a small update today. Have you synchronized ReaPack?
AHA!! It's working now, thanks very much! 👍
Old 10-15-2020, 11:38 AM   #87
Coachz

Is there a way to ONLY have the dialog come up if there is a newer version ?
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:30 PM   #88
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Is there a way to ONLY have the dialog come up if there is a newer version ?
It should behave like this by default when the script is used as/inside a startup action.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:58 PM   #89
Coachz

Quote:
It should behave like this by default when the script is used as/inside a startup action.
hmmm I'm getting this in windows 10 x64, latest updates:

Old 10-15-2020, 01:15 PM   #90
FeedTheCat

Quote:
hmmm I'm getting this in windows 10 x64, latest updates:
That's a bummer, thought it was working Can you try moving it up to the top so that it's first in the list?

If that's not working I'd need console debugging output to figure out what's going wrong. (set "debug = true" inside the script)
Old 10-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #91
Coachz

No change running from the top of the script. Sorry. Here's the debug.

--STEP check_update

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "powershell.exe -windowstyle hidden (new-object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('https://www.reaper.fm/download.php', 'C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_m ain.html') && powershell.exe -windowstyle hidden (new-object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('https://www.landoleet.org/', 'C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_d ev.html') && echo display_update > C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_st ep.txt || echo err_internet > C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_st ep.txt"

--STEP display_update
Curr version: 6.15rc1
Main version: 6.14
Dev version: 6.15rc1
User exit...
Old 10-15-2020, 01:35 PM   #92
FeedTheCat

Can you show me the output of the script after you restart reaper?
Old 10-15-2020, 03:46 PM   #93
sonictim

Per your request, here was my experience today in OS X Catalina

Put it in my _startup.lua and it it fired right up and asked me if I wanted to install 6.15rc1 or 6.14... Both options were Yellow(orangeish)... I chose neither and then quit and restarted reaper and it didn't ask me again (I'm assuming this is correct behavior)... I then ran the script manually. It again presented me with both options to install.. Both were yellow. I then clicked 6.15rc1 and it just flew threw everything. Just GO! I had an empty session open from my initial startup, so perhaps that's why It's going so fast for me! =]

So, yeah, seemed to work well! Now I just have to manually downgrade back to dev1005 so I can go back to using Razor Edits
Old 10-15-2020, 03:55 PM   #94
sonictim

Understandably, Release Candidates tend to have less features than the DEV versions.... Perhaps when RC's are in play, there might be a way to have 3 options when running your script.... Current Version, Dev, and RC....

The amount of code required to accomplish this might not equate to the usefulness of this idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway...
Old 10-15-2020, 05:09 PM   #95
Coachz

Updater is the only thing in my global project startup now.

-------------------------------------------
CPU achitecture: x64
Installation path: C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)
Resource path: C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\REAPER
Reaper version: 6.15rc1

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "echo %TEMP%"
Return value:
C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp
Startup extstate: false
Startup splash: false

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "cd /D C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\REAPER && forfiles /M reaper-reginfo2.ini /C "cmd /c echo @ftime""
Return value:
8:08:15 PM

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "cd /D C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\REAPER && forfiles /M reaper.ini /C "cmd /c echo @ftime""
Return value:
8:08:16 PM
Start time (raw): 8:08:15 PM
Load time (raw): 8:08:16 PM
Curr time (raw): 20:08:16
Start time: 29295.0
Load time: 29296.0
Curr time: 72496.0
Start diff: 43201 / 90
Load diff: 43200 / 2
Startup Mode: false

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "echo check_update > C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_st ep.txt"

--STEP check_update

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "powershell.exe -windowstyle hidden (new-object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('https://www.reaper.fm/download.php', 'C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_m ain.html') && powershell.exe -windowstyle hidden (new-object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('https://www.landoleet.org/', 'C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_d ev.html') && echo display_update > C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_st ep.txt || echo err_internet > C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_st ep.txt"

--STEP display_update
User exit...

Last edited by Coachz; 10-15-2020 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:06 AM   #96
FeedTheCat

Thank you Coachz, I found the issue. I'll post a fix later today.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:27 AM   #97
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Per your request, here was my experience today in OS X Catalina

Put it in my _startup.lua and it it fired right up and asked me if I wanted to install 6.15rc1 or 6.14... Both options were Yellow(orangeish)... I chose neither and then quit and restarted reaper and it didn't ask me again (I'm assuming this is correct behavior)... I then ran the script manually. It again presented me with both options to install.. Both were yellow. I then clicked 6.15rc1 and it just flew threw everything. Just GO! I had an empty session open from my initial startup, so perhaps that's why It's going so fast for me! =]

So, yeah, seemed to work well! Now I just have to manually downgrade back to dev1005 so I can go back to using Razor Edits
Thanks for reporting! Both options were Yellow(orangeish) and blinking? (They also get yellow when you hover over them). Hmmm that shouldn't happen, I'll try to replicate that. Only the new one should be yellow (and blinking), the other one should be either green(installed) or white.

Quote:
Understandably, Release Candidates tend to have less features than the DEV versions.... Perhaps when RC's are in play, there might be a way to have 3 options when running your script.... Current Version, Dev, and RC....

The amount of code required to accomplish this might not equate to the usefulness of this idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway...
Yeah, I also installed the RC and then missed my razor edits. I'll think about it. Would be nice to be able to switch back to the dev version.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:20 AM   #98
nofish

Happy to report it now works for me too (seems like one of the recent updates fixed my issue, whatever it was).

Though I now get this prompt when it tries to instal the downloaded version:

I've verified in Task manager, the 'old' Reaper instance doesn't run anymore at this point. Seems to me the script tries to install the new version a bit 'too quick' or something (before Reaper is fully closed/unloaded).

But when I click on 'Retry' it works as expected, so I consider it a minor issue.
Thanks.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:47 AM   #99
Coachz

It works great here now even with a dozen other startup actions. Opening a current dev build does not prompt me but running it explicitly opens the nice dialog. You da man! Thanks.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:06 AM   #100
sonictim

Quote:
Thanks for reporting! Both options were Yellow(orangeish) and blinking? (They also get yellow when you hover over them). Hmmm that shouldn't happen, I'll try to replicate that. Only the new one should be yellow (and blinking), the other one should be either green(installed) or white.
The colors make sense since I had dev1003 installed. So neither version being offered was on my system, so neither was green.

You can still get the dev version in the “old” sub folder on landoleet.org. Now that I’m totally addicted to razor edits, I’ve stopped finding RC versions useful.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:43 AM   #101
Coachz

I spoke too soon. It's still popping up with the same version.

Executing command:
Return value:

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "cd /D C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\REAPER && forfiles /M reaper-reginfo2.ini /C "cmd /c echo @ftime""
Return value:
2:43:00 PM

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "cd /D C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\REAPER && forfiles /M reaper.ini /C "cmd /c echo @ftime""
Return value:
2:43:01 PM
Start time (raw): 2:43:00 PM
Load time (raw): 2:43:01 PM
Curr time (raw): 14:43:01
Start time: 9780.0
Load time: 9781.0
Curr time: 52981.0
Start diff: 43201 / 90
Load diff: 43200 / 2

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "echo check_update > C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_st ep.txt"

--STEP check_update

Executing command:

--STEP display_update
User exit...

Last edited by Coachz; 10-19-2020 at 06:25 AM.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:58 PM   #102
FeedTheCat

@Coachz

I hadn't changed anything. The script would work correctly during the first half of the day because I was wrongly comparing time formats.
(2:43:00 PM and 14:43:01 in your log )

That said I just pushed a small bug-fix update which hopefully will work

@nofish

Your issue will hopefully also be gone in the latest update
Old 10-17-2020, 08:43 AM   #103
FeedTheCat

Hi guys, I was just experimenting with installing older REAPER versions so that you could switch back to dev from RC etc. Not sure how to show that in the UI though. I came up with 2 possible solutions:

1. Drop-down menu on right click

2. Scroll with mouse-wheel

Not really sure what I like best here. Feels like the drop-down menu would be more practical (there's a lot of dev versions), but the scroll is a bit sleeker.

Thoughts/Opinions?
Old 10-17-2020, 08:46 AM   #104
Coachz

I like the drop down best.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:14 AM   #105
Jae.Thomas

drop down and also

HOLY SHIT THANK YOU
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:36 AM   #106
nofish

Quote:
@nofish

Your issue will hopefully also be gone in the latest update
Indeed it's gone.
Thanks.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:11 AM   #107
Tone Ranger

Drop down as well - thanks again for the great script!!
Old 10-17-2020, 11:11 AM   #108
Meo-Ada Mespotine

An idea I just had: some of us have multiple installations of Reaper. How about multiple installation targets so we can update multiple Reaper installs in one go?

Oh and +1 on dropdown as well.

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:41 PM   #109
sonictim

Drop down +1
Old 10-18-2020, 02:39 AM   #110
FeedTheCat

Dropdown it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meo-Ada Mespotine View Post
An idea I just had: some of us have multiple installations of Reaper. How about multiple installation targets so we can update multiple Reaper installs in one go?
Wouldn't be hard technically, if all installs have the same architecture (x64 etc.) Maybe it's a bit overkill though, how many installs do you have?
Old 10-18-2020, 06:46 AM   #111
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Different. It depends on my development work, but can be up to five.

I could try to find a way to analyze, whether 32bit or 64bit is needed. There must be a way to get that from some ini-file...

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:43 AM   #112
Coachz

I'm on latest version and currently it displays the screen and clicking on it does not update (since I'm up to date). Should the screen display though ?

Old 10-19-2020, 04:25 AM   #113
FeedTheCat

Quote:
I'm on latest version and currently it displays the screen and clicking on it does not update (since I'm up to date). Should the screen display though ?
Is that after startup? Does it show every time after startup? In that case I'd have to look at the debugging output again. If it's not on startup, this is what you should be seeing. Green means it's currently installed.

Last edited by FeedTheCat; 10-19-2020 at 04:36 AM.
FeedTheCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:25 AM   #114
Coachz

Quote:
Is that after startup? Does it show every time after startup? In that case I'd have to look at the debugging output again. If it's not on startup, this is what you should be seeing. Green means it's currently installed.
After startup everytime. Debug = true

Executing command:
Return value:
Startup hotkey: true

Executing command:

--STEP check_update

Executing command:

--STEP display_update
User exit...
Old 10-19-2020, 07:06 AM   #115
FeedTheCat

Thx for the bug reports Coachz, I really do appreciate it!

Fix incoming in the next update.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:36 PM   #116
NucleoxMusic

I just found this, and is exactly what i was looking for. Works perfectly with windows 10, thanks a lot FeedTheCat, you are the best!!
NucleoxMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:35 AM   #117
reapero

I am getting this when added as a startup now:

reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:58 AM   #118
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapero View Post
I am getting this when added as a startup now:
Yeah, there currently isn't any version at all available on landoleet, which I hadn't anticipated. Fix incoming.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:40 PM   #119
FeedTheCat

Version 1.4 is out.
  • Right click on buttons will let you install older REAPER versions (from Landoleet).
  • The right button can now be 'none' if no version is hosted on Landoleet (This is currently the case and was causing issues).
Old 10-21-2020, 01:50 PM   #120
sonictim

LOVE this update... love the right click! Fantastic work!