Old 07-13-2021, 01:18 PM   #1
divedive
Human being with feelings

Default Save Render Queue for reexport

I have to export a bunch of sfx files from the render matrix that have different file formats (some are stereo, some mono). I do this using the render queue... problem is, it takes a couple min to setup the render queue each time - and this is an iterative task (meaning, I do it multiple times.)

Is there a way to save and recall the queue?
THANKS
divedive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 10:50 PM   #2
akademie

You "can" do it manually with a bit of "hacking".

When you add all projects to Render queue, just open "QueuedRenders" folder, where all queued project files are stored, and copy them to archive location of your choice.

After your first run of render is finished you can copy files again from your archive folder back to the "QueuedRenders" folder, then open Queued Renders window to check that they are present and run another batch of rendering.

BTW, naming convention of the files seems to be "qrender_YYMMDD_HHMMSS_projectname.rpp"

Last edited by akademie; 07-13-2021 at 10:55 PM.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:14 AM   #3
divedive

Ah interesting. Ok. I'll do that.

Do you know if there are other ways to render both mono and stereo files at the same time? (The checkbox to 'render mono w only mono content" doesn't work for me most of the time... but I wish it did.

Also wish the Render Matrix window had a 'save' and 'load' button.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:47 AM   #4
akademie

If you mean to render a mix as stereo (standard) and also as mono (aka L+R channels mixed together), then I would use the "Channels:" option dropdown selection.

Set it to Stereo and add to queue. Then set to Mono and add to queue again.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 10:19 AM   #5
divedive

Sorry - no i mean, you have 30 regions that need to be stereo and 30 other regions that need to be mono - and you just wanna hit render (and avoid the queue). I currently use the queue just to change the export settings on different regions, and render it all at the same time
Old 07-19-2021, 02:05 AM   #6
bolgwrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by divedive View Post
Sorry - no i mean, you have 30 regions that need to be stereo and 30 other regions that need to be mono - and you just wanna hit render (and avoid the queue). I currently use the queue just to change the export settings on different regions, and render it all at the same time
One possible workaround might be to have a 'Submaster' track set to 0% width (fed by the same tracks as the master) but that doesn't o/p to the master, that you can select for render in the region manager as opposed to the stereo master track. [Not sure if it's 'true' mono though, but could work].