Old 04-02-2019, 01:43 PM   #1
zeekat
Human being with feelings

Default Herbert Doppelglockenwecker

I chewed on the same three keyboard chords for weeks and finally managed to squeeze something out

https://soundcloud.com/zeekat/herber...lglockenwecker

made all the keyboard bits on Ultranova synth, except the e-piano which is Lazy Snake VSTi (ancient MDA ePiano sounded great, but crashes the shit out of my session). Guitar bits made on my ridiculously cheap strat copy which is almost a year old and doesn't seem to be falling apart yet. Shortwave noises caught around 4PM local time, extant African/European/Mid Eastern stations come pretty loud around this time, I had to fiddle with receiver dials a bit to make them more shitty-atmospheric.

My tired ears tell me it sounds decent, if a bit narrow (didn't double track guitar, widened only with effects, also couldn't dial very wide patches with Ultranova's effects for some reason). I dunno.

Odd thing with my Cort bass, the 5th string seems to be waay louder than the rest. Requires more careful compression than in other basses I had, pretty weird. I wonder if this is something in the electronics or the un-fixable physics of the bass itself (already ruled out the strings, it's the same on different sets).
Old 04-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #2
zeekat
Human being with feelings

Edited together some video. Didn't even have to edit that much,
"Berlin - Symphony of a Great City" is hella dynamic for a 1927 flick.

Should've used "Man with a movie camera" probably, better copy on the internet. Too obvious though.