Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 01-27-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
Phil Aiken
Human being with feelings

Default The odd (as in weird) "19 second bug"

I'm running 1.71 on an Intel core 2 duo machine. 128 sample buffer. 1 UAD-1 card.
When I first boot up Reaper into a project and begin playing it, the audio stops
and I get a loud beep. This happens right around 19 seconds into playback. It doesn't matter where I start, what project I use, etc. 19 seconds of audio and then BEEEEP....
This only happens the FIRST time I hit play. After that, I seem to be fine. I tried this through my M audio card as well as an M-BOX2, didn't make a difference. I also tried disabling all UAD-1 plugins, but that didn't make a difference either.

Any ideas?
Phil Aiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
malcolmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Aiken View Post
When I first boot up Reaper into a project and begin playing it, the audio stops
and I get a loud beep. This happens right around 19 seconds into playback. It doesn't matter where I start, what project I use, etc. 19 seconds of audio and then BEEEEP....
This only happens the FIRST time I hit play. After that, I seem to be fine.
I get a dropout instead of a "beep". Happens all the time, but only the first time I start REAPER and load a new Project. I think kLyon gets the same thing. We're both running dual-core Athlon systems.

A thread was raised about this in the Bug Reports forum quite a while ago, but to be honest, I'm so used to it now that I haven't bothered following it up.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:49 AM   #3
billybk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Aiken View Post
I'm running 1.71 on an Intel core 2 duo machine. 128 sample buffer. 1 UAD-1 card.
This only happens the FIRST time I hit play. After that, I seem to be fine. I tried this through my M audio card as well as an M-BOX2, didn't make a difference. I also tried disabling all UAD-1 plugins, but that didn't make a difference either.

Any ideas?
It seems we have similar setups (Core 2 Duo/Delta 66/128 samples) although I have (4) UAD-1 cards and I can't ever recall this happening to me. I suspect the way I have REAPER preferences setup to use my multi-UAD-1 setup may have something to do with it. You say this " 19 second bug" happens everytime?
That is totally weird.

Cheers,

Bily Buck
billybk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:26 AM   #4
RokkD

Same thing here, 'beeeep'.. yeah kinda, but 7 seconds in on my p4, like malcolm, I'm used to it, so it doesn't bother me.

--
RokkD is offline   Reply With Quote