Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 01-19-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
kLyon
Human being with feelings

Default Three hard crashes with 1.69 and Reason

Quien sabe? In the middle of a session with Reason, three crashes needing reboots (computer making some kind of whining sound having nothing to do with audio; what's up with that?). After the last one the file loaded with a "couldn't parse" error and missing the last six tracks. I don't get it... a pretty big project, but this never happened before. And lots of little glitches unrelated to processor usage. Too tired after putting it all together again and finishing the mix to really check it out; tomorrow is another day. Anything change lately in Reaper or was it something else?
kLyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kLyon View Post
Quien sabe? In the middle of a session with Reason, three crashes needing reboots (computer making some kind of whining sound having nothing to do with audio; what's up with that?). After the last one the file loaded with a "couldn't parse" error and missing the last six tracks. I don't get it... a pretty big project, but this never happened before. And lots of little glitches unrelated to processor usage. Too tired after putting it all together again and finishing the mix to really check it out; tomorrow is another day. Anything change lately in Reaper or was it something else?

I can say I hope it was nothing in reaper, but if you can reproduce at all something that you couldn't with a previous version, do let me know...

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:33 AM   #3
kLyon

Thanks. I'm not home now, but tomorrow -- when the smoke has cleared -- I'll check it all out. It was unique behavior, especially having a file load missing the last six tracks, but perhaps there's a vector I've missed (new Reason refill comes to mind, but I don't how that could be it).
Old 01-21-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
kLyon

Did a virus scan, found a bunch of "pe_pirite.A"s; could that have been it? Quite possibly, as I cleaned them and worked all day yesterday on the same file without a crash. Still have the little (folder-related, it seems, but having nothing to do with processor use, at least it doesn't seem so) random glitches I used to get more of in XP64. Annoying, but not a show stopper.