Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 04-11-2021, 03:23 PM   #761
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
Yep, it's the latest one. Here is the archive with RPL. Okay, I've tested it with 0.34, but 0.36 behaves the same.
Should be fixed now in v0.37.

I was populating the list of effects once the audio starts (in @block), but I should really also just do it once upon initialization.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:58 PM   #762
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Should be fixed now in v0.37.

I was populating the list of effects once the audio starts (in @block), but I should really also just do it once upon initialization.
Works perfect, as before. Thanks!
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:02 AM   #763
Vagelis

Quote:
Aaanyways, my week of vacation is over now, so things will slow down a bit again . I'll still be around for bug fixes and (slower) incremental improvements though.
Thanks a lot for considering, take your time, i think it's going to be great

If you add shuffle and dice per row, maybe left click on dice to randomize and right click to shuffle?
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:10 AM   #764
Vagelis

Also I think retrigger would be nice to have more divisions as well, I 'd like to see all beat divisions if possible and maybe to drag the mouse up or down to change them instead of left/right click?
Old 04-12-2021, 06:52 AM   #765
NandyC

Wow! just Wow! Thank you!
NandyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:38 PM   #766
sai'ke

Changelog:
- Added second filter instance.
- Added amplitude/ring modulation block.
- Fixed some weirdness that was introduced to the power button, whilst implementing the power button dragging.

Backlog (not yet implemented):
- Randomization / Shuffle.
- Vertical drag option for numeric blocks (perhaps with a key modifier).
- Some additional volume controls.
- Additional customization options tape stop (different shapes).
Old 04-14-2021, 05:37 PM   #767
ReaMike

I hereby crown sai'ke the JS king!
ReaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:26 AM   #768
Vagelis

Quote:
Changelog:
- Added second filter instance.
- Added amplitude/ring modulation block.
- Fixed some weirdness that was introduced to the power button, whilst implementing the power button dragging.

Backlog (not yet implemented):
- Randomization / Shuffle.
- Vertical drag option for numeric blocks (perhaps with a key modifier).
- Some additional volume controls.
- Additional customization options tape stop (different shapes).
Awesome!!
Old 04-15-2021, 03:10 AM   #769
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Very, very nice.
Did you consider adding a tempo-synced delay module as well (i'm not talking about the "pitched delay")?
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:40 PM   #770
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkmusic View Post
Very, very nice.
Did you consider adding a tempo-synced delay module as well (i'm not talking about the "pitched delay")?
It had crossed my mind. I'm on the fence whether to make the blocks gate the input to the delay, or the output from the delay or both.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:03 PM   #771
sinkmusic

Nice, thank you!
... and while we're at it : any phaser or flanger ?
Old 04-15-2021, 02:37 PM   #772
beingmf

Old 04-15-2021, 04:15 PM   #773
tonalstates

Whaaaaat, I just saw all this and can't believe you literally added everything I asked for, that to me is crazy and reaaaally awesome from your part, thank you. I've opened more time SEQS in a week than effectrix in my whole owning of it, imagine that haha Again, favorite dev, for shure.

Thanks for everything you make.
tonalstates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:07 AM   #774
sai'ke

Ghehehe, thanks all. Got some more stuff done on it over the weekend. Changelog below

Changelog SEQS:
Quote:
- Added phaser / flanger / chorus with optional feedback (which one of these it is depends on the settings).
- Added tempo synchronized delay with optional saturation and filtering. Note that the delay has two modes of action. In one you control the sound that reaches the delay, but the delay always outputs to the output, in the other, you control the output of the delay.
- Added mousewheel to change values on value blocks such as retrigger to not make getting to higher values a pain.
- Now allow up to 6 retriggers per block (previously the max was 4).
- Added pattern length control (for shorter loops).
- Smooth filter and modulator startup transient to prevent clicks.
- Added toggle to let user decide whether he wants to reset the modulator on note on.
- Improved effect description for Reapack so that the plugin becomes easier to find and people have an idea of what they are downloading.
Just goofing around with a single sine wave to see what kind of sounds one can get with such a simple input.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:16 PM   #775
sinkmusic

Wonderful!
Thank you, Sai'ke!
Old 04-18-2021, 03:56 PM   #776
Vagelis

Nice fx additions thanks a lot, now i think it's missing a resonator

Keep up the great work!
Old 04-19-2021, 02:12 AM   #777
sai'ke

Unfortunately, resonator is a word that's used for many different things. Could you be a bit more specific?

One definition of a resonator that I know of is a peak filter. I would think that you can get really close to this with just a bandpass with high Q on one of the filters.

The second is a resonant cavity. This you can get with the tonal delay with relatively large negative feedback. It'll sound a bit like a flute or organ that way, whereas positive feedback sounds more like a string.
Old 04-19-2021, 02:29 AM   #778
Vagelis

Yes indeed, also could mimic a resonator with chorus or flanger with a lot feedback and small delay. But i prefer using delay lines for resonator(the more the better)

Then what makes the difference is to tune those delay lines like in karplus strong, with damp control to adjust the brightness, feedback and if possible a detune function to detune them, would be awesome

Tuning the resonator on each step would be great, so for example to choose which note to play per step on the sequencer.

Then we could make a melody out of the resonators.

(if we can also tune separately each delay line we could make chords, but i don't mind that much for this)
Old 04-19-2021, 04:13 AM   #779
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
Yes indeed, also could mimic a resonator with chorus or flanger with a lot feedback and small delay. But i prefer using delay lines for resonator(the more the better)

Then what makes the difference is to tune those delay lines like in karplus strong, with damp control to adjust the brightness, feedback and if possible a detune function to detune them, would be awesome

Tuning the resonator on each step would be great, so for example to choose which note to play per step on the sequencer.

Then we could make a melody out of the resonators.

(if we can also tune separately each delay line we could make chords, but i don't mind that much for this)
That is what is in the pitched delay. Only a single voice though. Minus the detune, since it's one delay line only. More would really ramp up the CPU cost given that we're in JSFX land.
Old 04-19-2021, 04:31 AM   #780
Vagelis

Quote:
That is what is in the pitched delay. Only a single voice though. Minus the detune, since it's one delay line only. More would really ramp up the CPU cost given that we're in JSFX land.
Ah ok i see, would it be possible to add support and change notes from the steps maybe?
Old 04-19-2021, 04:43 AM   #781
sai'ke

Quote:
Ah ok i see, would it be possible to add support and change notes from the steps maybe?
If you click the LED, it snaps to the nearest note.

You can assign modulator A or modulator B to the tuning by clicking the modulator and then dragging the rotational wheel over the range you want.

The thing that makes it a bit messy is that it's not so easy to find the notes probably. Unfortunately, that's not an easy problem to solve, since it'll depend on how much "modulation" you set on the tuning and because both modulators could be hitting the same note simultaneously. What I could do is indicate the current note being played by the delay chain somewhere.

Reflectosaurus is probably better suited for this kind of work, since that one can perform MIDI pitch tracking natively with the delay chain. It also supports multiple tuned chains.
Old 04-19-2021, 04:53 AM   #782
Vagelis

Quote:
What I could do is indicate the current note being played by the delay chain somewhere.
Maybe on steps? (sequencer or modulators)

Reflectosaurus rocks and i'm still using it, but I can't remember if it's possible to detune multiple delay lines.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:25 AM   #783
Cosmic

Unbelievable. Seqs. Wow.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:16 PM   #784
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Unbelievable. Seqs. Wow.
Haha would you say that Seqs is better than sex?
Old 04-19-2021, 02:02 PM   #785
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Haha would you say that Seqs is better than sex?
SEQS = sex or I'd prefer SEQSY = sexy
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 07:21 AM   #786
sai'ke

Quote:
I made it easier to pitch lock the notes on the steps now.

If you click the little value before the modulator, it will snap to one of 12 steps. I've also made it so that when you are setting the modulation depth on the pitch knob of the pitched delay, you see the second note. In addition to that, you can drag to extend the modulator view, so that it's not so cramped.

See the GIF below for a small demo on the workflow.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:04 AM   #787
Vagelis

^^ WOW, i'm so grateful for those additions, huge thanks for adding multiple voices, detune and better pitch automation. Getting very nice results!

Also would it be possible to update the notes on pitch knob modulation ring, so they could follow modulator automation values and see them as they change?
Old 04-26-2021, 05:06 AM   #788
sinkmusic

Saike, that's quite incredible : you're a JS hero!
Old 04-26-2021, 05:16 AM   #789
Vagelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkmusic View Post
Saike, that's quite incredible : you're a JS hero!
Def!, also would like to mention randomization is sick
Old 04-26-2021, 09:34 AM   #790
sai'ke

Quote:
Also would it be possible to update the notes on pitch knob modulation ring, so they could follow modulator automation values and see them as they change?
It's in 0.58. When you are setting the modulator (when that strobing highlight is active) it will show you the full extent. When you go back to "play" mode (clicking the modulator again to go out of edit modulator mode), it will show you the current note in the second line (if a modulator is present).
Old 04-26-2021, 11:31 AM   #791
Vagelis

Quote:
It's in 0.58. When you are setting the modulator (when that strobing highlight is active) it will show you the full extent. When you go back to "play" mode (clicking the modulator again to go out of edit modulator mode), it will show you the current note in the second line (if a modulator is present).
Awesomeness, thanks a lot again!
Old 04-26-2021, 11:47 AM   #792
IXix

LOL, sai'ke you are unstoppable!
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:17 PM   #793
grobsen

Dear sai'ke, like all your JS plugins SEQS is incredibly useful and inspiring, thank you so much!!

The only thing I am definitely missing in SEQS right now is a way to modify play rate relative to the DAW's tempo (to be able to switch to half or double time for example), but maybe I just did not discover it yet ^^
grobsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:55 PM   #794
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by grobsen View Post
Dear sai'ke, like all your JS plugins SEQS is incredibly useful and inspiring, thank you so much!!

The only thing I am definitely missing in SEQS right now is a way to modify play rate relative to the DAW's tempo (to be able to switch to half or double time for example), but maybe I just did not discover it yet ^^
You mean the rate at which the play position of the blocks advances? Yeah, there was a slider, but I hadn't exposed it yet. I've just added a few controls to control it on the control bar.

Unfortunately, because of the way it's implemented, it will only play nice with changes while running if you make sure the change happens exactly at the start of the pattern. Otherwise you'll see jumps.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:16 AM   #795
grobsen

Quote:
You mean the rate at which the play position of the blocks advances? Yeah, there was a slider, but I hadn't exposed it yet. I've just added a few controls to control it on the control bar.

Unfortunately, because of the way it's implemented, it will only play nice with changes while running if you make sure the change happens exactly at the start of the pattern. Otherwise you'll see jumps.
Great! Thank you!

And while I am already writing here: Mod-izer is awesome too (I see PC still has problems doing fluid scrollers jk).
Looking forward to more Amiga/Demoscene related stuff <3
grobsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:17 PM   #796
Broojacker

Hey Sai'ke!

I really like your Filther and all other stuff. I'm constantly use it.

In your Yutani Presets video (Is bobwaht this your account? Am I wrong? ) I saw JS ModWheel and I will be very grateful if you share it.
My midi keyboard just died and I'm looking for alternatives to write controllers.

Thanks for amazing plugins!
Old 04-30-2021, 02:35 PM   #797
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broojacker View Post
Hey Sai'ke!

Thanks

Quote:
Hey Sai'ke!
In your Yutani Presets video (Is bobwaht this your account? Am I wrong? ) I saw JS ModWheel and I will be very grateful if you share it.
My midi keyboard just died and I'm looking for alternatives to write controllers.
Yeah, that´s my account

It was just something I quickly threw together for that youtube and never really intended for release, but sure. Here it is:

Code:
desc:Mod Wheel JS
import Saike_Yutani_widgets.jsfx-inc

options:no_meter

@init

@slider

@block

@sample
wheel_level_smooth = 0.999 * wheel_level_smooth + 0.001 * wheel_level;
midisend(0, $xB0, 1, wheel_level_smooth * 128);

@gfx 132 132
cX = 15 + knobSize;
cY = 15 + knobSize;
knobSize = 50;
wheel.knob_set(sprintf(1, "", wheel_level), 1, wheel_level);
wheel.drawKnob(cX, cY, knobSize, "Mod Wheel", "", 1.0);
wheel.knob_processMouse(mouse_x, mouse_y, mouse_cap, 39/48) ? (
  wheel_level = wheel.value;
);
Note that it depends on Yutani being installed (uses the same widgets).
Old 04-30-2021, 02:36 PM   #798
sai'ke

Quote:
Hey Sai'ke!

Thanks

Quote:
Hey Sai'ke!
Yeah, that´s my account

It was just something I quickly threw together for that youtube and never really intended for release, but sure. Here it is:

Code:
desc:Mod Wheel JS
import Saike_Yutani_widgets.jsfx-inc

options:no_meter

@init

@slider

@block

@sample
wheel_level_smooth = 0.999 * wheel_level_smooth + 0.001 * wheel_level;
midisend(0, $xB0, 1, wheel_level_smooth * 128);

@gfx 132 132
cX = 15 + knobSize;
cY = 15 + knobSize;
knobSize = 50;
wheel.knob_set(sprintf(1, "", wheel_level), 1, wheel_level);
wheel.drawKnob(cX, cY, knobSize, "Mod Wheel", "", 1.0);
wheel.knob_processMouse(mouse_x, mouse_y, mouse_cap, 39/48) ? (
  wheel_level = wheel.value;
);
Note that it depends on Yutani being installed (uses the same widgets) and the smoothing is hard coded for now, but I could change this if you want.
Old 04-30-2021, 03:31 PM   #799
Broojacker

I figured out how to change the СС number and made knob a little bigger and its works great for me.
Thanks a lot!

If there was a way to write СС messages from JS plugin (mouse drag) directly to the MIDI editor, it would be very cool.
But as far as I know, record СС messages by mouse possible only with automation.
Old 05-02-2021, 10:08 AM   #800
dupont

On OSX 5K screen SEQ5 font is too small and there are no controls at the bottom.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y8J...ew?usp=sharing
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote