Old 06-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #1
jbrewer
Human being with feelings

Default Issues with lyrics.lua

I have a rather large project that I use for live performance. I have stems for all the songs that will be performed and each song has its own region. Currently the project is about 4-5 hours long.

I have noticed a few odd issues with the lyrics script. The main issue is that once I hit a certain time in the project (about 3 hours in) it no longer lets me edit the lyrics through the editor. I can get into edit mode but once I commit them nothing changes. I also attempted to add them to the midi item manually and that did not work either.

Second issue is that on occasion certain sections will move their text items in the midi file. Usually they will move backwards or forwards a few bars. I have one solid midi file on the lyrics track so I am fairly certain nothing I am doing is shifting these events.

The third issue has to do with exporting. I can get lyrics written in past 1 hour and save them to a file. When I import them they show up in the midi and in the lyrics window. But if I look at the exported file the text stops well before all the lyrics that should be in the session. I have tried viewing it in multiple text editors and have the same issue.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited by jbrewer; 06-23-2019 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Adding issues
jbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote