Old 04-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
AdamWathan
Human being with feelings

Default Toolbar docker annoyances

1. The "dragging a tab to a floating window undocks that window if possible" feature that was added needs to be seriously reconsidered...

It's extremely frustrating to not be able to redock that floating window to a new dock without entering a convoluted context menu to do so. It is much easier for the user if the window gets floated in a docker so that there is still a tab to click and drag to a new area.

2. I get fairly frequent crashes when changing docker positions. It isn't 100% reproducible but fairly often when switching from a toolbar docker to docking at the top of the main window or vice versa I will get a crash.

3. Floating toolbars don't appear in the same space that the grey "ghost window" indicates they will appear when floating them. If I drag a toolbar out of a side or top/bottom docker into the main arrange space, it shows up in a completely different part of the screen compared to what is indicated by the ghosting.

4. Resizing floating toolbars on OSX is the ugliest thing I've ever seen, with flickering white bars going crazy on the top and right sides while you resize. No other OSX apps seem to have this problem with redraw frequency not keeping up with the user dragging.

This is a screenshot taken while resizing:

5. Also, the command+drag to create a split toolbar always seems to place the toolbar in the opposite location I would expect. If I do it and it shows a ghost grey bar in the top right of the screen, the toolbar gets docked to the left of the existing toolbar instead of to the right. It's almost as if I have toolbars in docks 1 and 3 at the top of the screen with a phantom dock 2 or something like that, it's just weird.

Overall it's a very unpredictable experience :/
AdamWathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
hopi

it's chaos theory code
Old 06-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
foxAsteria

wtf, until i read this post i didn't even know about ctrl+dragging the toolbars and was wondering why there was only ever one or two options on where to drag them to (never where i wanted).

seems redundant to have to hold a modifier to get expected behavior.

but yea those floating toolbars need to be dockable by dragging for sure. i've been putting them back in the docker via context menu just so there's a tab to drag. silliness.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:47 AM   #4
Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWathan View Post
Also, the command+drag to create a split toolbar always seems to place the toolbar in the opposite location I would expect. If I do it and it shows a ghost grey bar in the top right of the screen, the toolbar gets docked to the left of the existing toolbar instead of to the right. It's almost as if I have toolbars in docks 1 and 3 at the top of the screen with a phantom dock 2 or something like that, it's just weird.
/
Whats a split toolbar plse?
Amazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:13 AM   #5
EvilDragon

This, for example:

[IMG]http://img716.**************/img716/7650/splitg.th.png[/IMG]
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:12 AM   #6
Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Thanks.
Amazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:56 AM   #7
Coachz

Arranging icons on vertical toolbars is very very difficult too.
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote