Old 10-19-2006, 06:15 AM   #1
sharkfin73
Human being with feelings

Default Question on Acidized Loops

Hi,

I want to jump on the Reaper wagon pretty bad. However I use Smart Loops Pro Drum Works and the lack of the ACIDized loops adjusting themself on import is a very big hurdle for me to ignore.

I tried the ctrl+alt drag to measure thing and it did not work well. It cut part of the end of the loops audio so on rollout of the pattern you have this dropout on the end of each measure.

Plus if it makes any sense to anyone when building a drum track I'm always dragging and dropping loops all over the place on the fly trying to get the right ones. With Cakewalk Guitar Tracks it's a non issue, it's VERY easy and FAST!!.

With Reaper it adds an extra step on import of each loops (and that is not working right for me as of now as I said above). This becomes a big pain and slows down the process.

So I'm just aksing is the support for Acidized loops planned in the future?

I'd like to make the switch to your software, it seems like you have some very compact, efficient code here and I like it. Was thinking of upgrading to Sonar but my God I don't need 5.1 sound and video support, and have to upgrade my PC just to do it. I just want a simple, easy to use interface that lets me customize it to my own taste, but for me the support of ACID loops is a must have item. I was gonna even make the jump to Pro Tools M-Powered but again the lack of easy to use ACID loops.

I know "why don't you just use ACID moron?" Well I tried the demo and felt the interface was not very user friendly. It just did not "feel right" and again Guitar Tracks won out.

Ok I hear some again "why don't you just keep using Guitar Tracks dufus?" Well I do jams with friends (or I am trying to) and not everyone has the same software. Yours if free to try and it's cheap, easy to download quickly, and my friends and I could swap a file around and all work on it and have a blast.

Ok long winded sorry. Just want to know if ACID loop support is planned so I know weather to keep playing with Reaper or not?

Thanks,
sf

p.s. Loops or no loops you got one hot product here! I did an audio wave guitar solo at 44.1 and my friend needed it at 48 and I imported it to reaper and it upconverted it and his Qbase took the clip no problem! I could never do that in Guitar Tracks!
sharkfin73 is offline   Reply With Quote