Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 AM   #1
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Default Themers!!! NEW MISSION - DO IT

or no soup for you!

Please can you work on a Mercenary Edition skin, as in Fletcher's shop?

http://www.mercenary.com/mered.html

I would like to post the results to this thread: http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/16529/937/

But put em here as well

you have 10 minutes

or so

well take your time, but hurry up

but take your time
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #2
trock
Human being with feelings

oh boy

taking on fletcher!

everyone duck!

JK, is fletcher looking at reaper? that would be quite cool.
trock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:10 PM   #3
stringtheory

Is this anything you're looking for? Couldn't get the file sizes down small enough to attach so here's a link.

Link removed

Last edited by stringtheory; 05-14-2007 at 05:25 AM.
stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:02 AM   #4
pipelineaudio
Mortal

thats UNREAL!!!!!

Thanks
Old 05-14-2007, 02:15 AM   #5
jaydottcomm

Default .

i agree thats dope as a muthafucka
jaydottcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:20 AM   #6
jaydottcomm

Default yo

please upload that..Shit! That matches my Rokit speakers!
Old 05-14-2007, 04:32 AM   #7
billybk1

Yes, that is wickedly good and quite unlike other themes that I have seen! I think you are on to something too. With Justin's recent inclusion of optional splash screens now we can have theme sets with matched splash screens too!

Maybe with an option to load the appropriate splash screen when you change themes.

Hey, thanks for the .zip stringtheory, I'll be adding this to my ever expanding theme collection. Killer splash screen with the appropriate Cockos logo @ the bottom right too.

Cheers,

Billy Buck

Last edited by billybk1; 05-14-2007 at 04:36 AM.
billybk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:01 AM   #8
Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringtheory View Post
Okely dokely... mission accomplished... you got my attention.

Now, the first thing you need to do is get the "Mercenary Edition" logo the hell off that thing before I hunt you down like a dog, fry up some garlic and onions... get some Fava beans and a nice Chianti... then watch you eat your own liver.

That particular insignia is only granted for use after every aspect of a product has been worked on and approved by the Mercenary staff. In some cases it has taken 3 years to earn that little seal of approval... and seeing as I have no idea what this shit is, that seal wasn't earned and it damn well better be removed.

I have a pretty good sense of humor most of the time.

Not about that "seal of approval"

Get it off.

Do it now.

We can talk about the rest of it later on... either on the phone [+1] 508-543-0069 or by email Fletcher@mercenary.com

Trust me on this... you want to find me sooner than later.

Peace [for the moment]

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
"We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid"

Roscoe Ambel once said:
"Pro-Tools is to audio what fluorescent is to light"
Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:23 AM   #9
eightnine

well, that was fast.
eightnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:28 AM   #10
stringtheory

My apologies to Mr. Fletcher and all at Mercenary Audio. I meant no disrespect or harm and did not realize that was a specific seal of quality. I have removed the link.

Once again, I am very sorry sir.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:20 AM   #11
smfelton

Rather harsh I felt, I completeley respect your right to protect your copyright etc. but even with the slightly humourous reply I still think it was i bit over the top, and as for calling Reaper 'shit' WTF !!!! And also saying you don't know what this 'shit' is when you been involved in dicussion about it on your own forum seem a little strange.
I had looked at your site and was impressed. i'm afraid the attitude has really put me off.

How about something more constructive like "really nice work, but could you please remove the 'seal' as this something only I can give."

I don't know just my opinion....for what it's worth !!!
smfelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:39 AM   #12
mr. moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfelton View Post
Rather harsh I felt, I completeley respect your right to protect your copyright etc. but even with the slightly humourous reply I still think it was i bit over the top, and as for calling Reaper 'shit' WTF !!!! And also saying you don't know what this 'shit' is when you been involved in dicussion about it on your own forum seem a little strange.
I had looked at your site and was impressed. i'm afraid the attitude has really put me off.

How about something more constructive like "really nice work, but could you please remove the 'seal' as this something only I can give."

I don't know just my opinion....for what it's worth !!!

You really have *no* idea why your post is as funny as it is, do you? I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but I'm assuming you have not had any exposure to Fletcher in any of the "pro" audio forums, eh? Take a few moments (hours) and read over the reams of Fletcher posts over at GS, recording.org, or at his own forum over at PSW, and then you'll see what I mean.

Please note that he's trying to protect his livelihood and from a legal standpoint, he has to protect his interests the bast way he knows how *immediately*. Fletcher is direct, to the point, and is not afraid to say exactly what's on his mind when he needs to.

Personally, I think Fletcher *was* being nice as he could be to "stringfactory" and still convey the immediacy and seriousness of his request.

I'm not saying whether he *could have been* nicer or more respectful or whatever, but I really think Fletcher could have meted out a much more severe @ss-ripping on this one; I'm actually impressed that he restrained himself as much as he did.

-mr moon

www.soundclick.com/mrmoon
mr. moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #13
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Mr Moon, I think what smfelton was trying to say though is its weird Fletcher forgot so soon, since we had a good reaper discussion including fletcher on his own forum not too long ago

However, he didnt actually forget, it was my fault not saying what it was in the post...so Fletcher probably saw it and not only saw his logo on something he didnt approve but though WTF is this thing????
Old 05-14-2007, 12:04 PM   #14
smfelton

Your both absolutely right, basically I feel everyone has the right to say whatever they feel or want and the right to protect their interests.
However I also feel we should aplaud creativity and not stifle it, after all is that not what all this is about !!!!

Mr Moon so is what your saying, my post is funny as Fletcher is usually a lot ruder......sorry I miss the humour in that
Cheers

Last edited by smfelton; 05-14-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:09 PM   #15
pipelineaudio
Mortal

String theory, please repost the skin if you would...we will leave off the logo and splash

It was a really nice skin!
Old 05-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #16
jaydottcomm

Default damn

Damn homie dont play dat! He gonna get them lawyers out to serve you. Or hes gonna pay a personal visit to your home and Pistol whip you....one of those, you pick.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:27 PM   #17
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
The small drinking company with a large audio problem
instant classic!
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:15 PM   #18
mr. moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfelton View Post

Mr Moon so is what your saying, my post is funny as Fletcher is usually a lot ruder......sorry I miss the humour in that
Cheers
Exactly!!

...That's what I thought was humorous. He was actually being "Fletcher nice".

EDIT: Actually, now that I read back over my posts, I think the correct word I should have used would be "ironic" rather than "funny" or "humorous", as I was left thinking "man, what would have happened had Fletcher *really* laid into him". I don't mean anyone ill will or anything, and I'm not commenting on the moral/ethical/compassion content of Fletcher's response, but, man, he really was mellow compared to most of his rant-ish posts.

-mr moon

Last edited by mr. moon; 05-14-2007 at 06:01 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #19
True North

Stringtheory

Put the Mercenary Theme back up without the Mercenary Logo.

I would love to see it !!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #20
smfelton

Nice to get some chat going
Anyway get the offending logo off and get that theme reposted.....

Mr Moon, I go along with the 'irony' makes more sense now.

Peace and Love and Good Happiness stuff.

Last edited by smfelton; 05-14-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:43 PM   #21
magicchord

Wow.
Fletcher.
What's next, a visit from Mixerman?
magicchord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:34 PM   #22
stringtheory

Well, now that my internet legacy as the "guy who pissed Fletcher off" is established...

Sorry I haven't got back here sooner. I will post it back up after I do a few tweaks to it (for obvious reasons). At least without the bmp file, I will be able to attach it here.

I also would like to state that while I did modify some icons that others have created (i.e. faders, toolbar, transport), it was my intention to create new ones. I ran out of time/steam to change them, and being a new guy here I didn't know who to credit, please forgive me. If you are the creator of any icons, please let me know if you wish me to use them or not.

Well, I hope I didn't get anyone else in trouble here, I should have used better judgement and I apologize if I offended anyone.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:41 PM   #23
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Well, I hope I didn't get anyone else in trouble here, I should have used better judgement and I apologize if I offended anyone.
Noone's offended, I think theyre all just pretty amazed that the first theme you posted was so awesome.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #24
mr. moon

Quote:
Well, now that my internet legacy as the "guy who pissed Fletcher off" is established...
Dude, get in line ...you ain't the fist, nor the last, who will get a rise out of Fletcher. However, you may be known as "the guy who got Fletcher to post at the Reaper forum for the first time" but there are others who have (seemingly) pissed him off even more. Especially since you were respectful enough to pull down the theme pack in question immediately.

...I wish I could have seen it, sounds like it was cool!

-mr moon

Old 05-14-2007, 10:03 PM   #25
stringtheory

Ok, here we go.

Last edited by stringtheory; 07-04-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:29 PM   #26
jaydottcomm

Default ha

Why everybody so scared of Fletcher? His post seemed a bit comical yet serious...Especially that picture of him.Speaking on his avatar all Ricky Ricardo style,he actually had to take the time to create a profile.lol..Thats funny to me. What a scarey fuckin Avatar. He dont look like he takes shit. I d like to see Fletcher in the Hood. In my hood. Somebody would get his rims off his car im sure. Let me quit jokin for Fletch end up knockin on my door.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:31 AM   #27
LOSER

Quote:
Ok, here we go.
Wow that looks great .
LOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:08 AM   #28
mr. moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydottcomm View Post
Why everybody so scared of Fletcher? His post seemed a bit comical yet serious...Especially that picture of him.Speaking on his avatar all Ricky Ricardo style,he actually had to take the time to create a profile.lol..Thats funny to me. What a scarey fuckin Avatar. He dont look like he takes shit. I d like to see Fletcher in the Hood. In my hood. Somebody would get his rims off his car im sure. Let me quit jokin for Fletch end up knockin on my door.
Not "scared", but in this case he has a legal trademark he was protecting. Fletcher is very "opinionated" and has no problems letting folks know in a very blatant and blunt style what he's thinking ...at least his online persona. I just thought it was "ironic" that he was being somewhat mellow, and yet everyone was all out of sorts about it.

-mr moon

Last edited by mr. moon; 05-15-2007 at 09:11 AM. Reason: grammar fukkups
Old 05-15-2007, 07:51 AM   #29
True North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydottcomm View Post
The pic in the avatar is not Fletcher but it IS a picture of a BAD ASS Dude - Albert DeSalvo AKA "The Boston Strangler"

Fletcher is more humane than Mr DeSalvo, strangling people only with his words
Old 05-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #30
likenokevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
Okely dokely... mission accomplished... you got my attention.

Now, the first thing you need to do is get the "Mercenary Edition" logo the hell off that thing before I hunt you down like a dog, fry up some garlic and onions... get some Fava beans and a nice Chianti... then watch you eat your own liver.

That particular insignia is only granted for use after every aspect of a product has been worked on and approved by the Mercenary staff. In some cases it has taken 3 years to earn that little seal of approval... and seeing as I have no idea what this shit is, that seal wasn't earned and it damn well better be removed.

I have a pretty good sense of humor most of the time.

Not about that "seal of approval"

Get it off.

Do it now.

We can talk about the rest of it later on... either on the phone [+1] 508-543-0069 or by email Fletcher@mercenary.com

Trust me on this... you want to find me sooner than later.

Peace [for the moment]
LOLZILLA

likenokevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:59 PM   #31
Henry-S

LOL

I love this Fletcher guy.... what are you going to do... go round his house and march him round to his mums house?

Obviously the guy has a lot of time on his hands, because he actually bothered to setup his signature to do his first and only post

"Some people have worked 3 years to earn that logo" oh jeez get real, this is a Reaper Theme, I hardly think anyone on here thought

"woah this theme is endorsed by MA, that means they have had people working on it for 3 years and its been approved for Reaper"

ZzZzZZ

Great Theme String Theory and it looks better without that horrible ass logo on it anyway, so thanks for taking it off.

Fletcher if you hadn't already realised the logo was actually an advertisment for your products....it was actually showing respect for your products and at no point did String Theory attempt to pass it off as your product.

Also you do realise you just posted your email without spam protection and your number on this site? Seriously are you just wanting to get more spam into your mail box than you probably already get?

I respect if you don't want your logo on it, but you could have just said "Hi, that logo has a copyright, please remove it" and I think that String would have done it. Btw my friend just put the logo on his desktop, he said give him a call on +44 01209 764523 or you can email him!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:30 PM   #32
jaydottcomm

Default yeah

and to go along with what Henry said...i painted a big ass mural in my livingroom, with the Mercenary Audio logo embroidered into the sheetrock. Shit is bananas wit my drapes homie.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:00 AM   #33
trock

you know Fletcher is one of the most respected gear guys in the industry, friends with just about every vendor and engineer/producer etc. his style is very witty but also very straight forward. some might be put off at first by this but the more you read and get to know him the more respect you end up having for him. at least thats my experience.

i would have to say that taunting him is probably not in reapers best interest. what you should do is try and cultivate a professional relationship with him, have him test out reaper if he is so inclined and go from there.

put it this way if Fletcher were to endorse Reaper it would immediately put it in the top shelf realm of your recording arsenal, like Manley, Apogee, Lavry, and others.

Fletcher is not a DAW guy, very into analog but always open to trying things. if Reaper impressed him it would be a staggering achievement IMHO
trock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:19 AM   #34
Henry-S

The problem being that I know a lot of "musicians" who are respected by a lot of people, who are complete *******. Reaper does not need need this guys endorsement lol it will manage perfectly fine without it.

The point is, most people ask in a polite way and don't put words into peoples mouths, because at no point did the themer say "yeah i got asked to do this by MA".

So, in all honesty not bothered who/what the guy does, donald trump has a lot of money and is respected by businessmen all around the world. I think he is an ass though

I just love the whole, "trust me, find me sooner rather than later"

oh no, you threatened him over the internet...... oh dear oh dear and you got some gangster on your avatar The logo is almost as original as the flames that dawn your website...

Last edited by Henry-S; 05-25-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Henry-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #35
jaydottcomm

Default brown nosing is not my steez.

trock, forget that homie. I dont give a damn about how much money or pull anybody has...i aint finsta kiss nobody ass. Funny how people with money talk to people without. And over the years its become acceptable. Fletcher threatened that dude. Not cool. "Take it down or im coming for you...and trust me you dont want me to find you" Then people be like "Oh thats just Fletch". Screw that bullsh9it. If that was Coca Cola or somebody of that nature talkin to me like that over somethin this innocent,i would never buy none of they shit ever again. I got what you call a spine.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #36
drew
Mobile

way to lay it down jay!

jay say: "I aint a killa, but dont push me"
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:11 AM   #37
eightnine

Just move on guys.

Anybody that reads this thread has enough ground to decide where to stand:
1) fletcher did the right thing, he was defending his trademark
2) The dude is one big douche.

My choice is 2), you make yours, but there's no point in discussing this matter further, the guy isn't coming back to explain/apologize, if he comes back it's pretty easy to assume he'll attack someone else, so let's just hope he doesn't.
And seems like we're turning against each other for no reason at all.

So, I'd suggest, let this thread die.
eightnine is offline   Reply With Quote