Old 09-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Pashkuli
Banned

Default Theme: Flat

Flat and simple. Try it and use it if you like it:
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/255/Flat%20by%20adXok.zip

Note: I created this theme for my eyes and it could not match yours!

If you find something buggy with the theme, please let me know.

Reaper forever!

---------------

If someone with a good, big monitor could help me with uploading a simple screenshot and paste it here would be nice. Thanks in advance!
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
brice
Human being with feelings

wrong screenshot?
brice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
Pashkuli
Banned

No, don't have any screenshot at all.
The "screenshot" at the stash is just a picture for the theme to be recognizable.
And it says Ж which is the first letter for the word Reaper in bulgarian.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
caleb

That's a very good theme.
The dark green hue is uber-sexy.

Regards
Caleb
Old 09-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
gregh

Congratualtions, on first look this is exceptional. Thankyou, I will be using this.
gregh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
Clavieramolette

VERY COOL? +++
Clavieramolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
Lestat66

Wow, better than the name flat. It has a nice feel to it. The colors are excellent.

Last edited by Lestat66; 09-12-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Lestat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #8
labyrinth

Very nice, it has a very industrial feel. You did forget the new Auto Arm Record buttons.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #9
aldi

looks really nice, i like the mute & solo icon idea a lot. just the "lock" symbol should be greyed also when it's unlocked i guess ?!

you should put up a screenshot to get the attention this deserves.

pending fr's: NONE ! :D
aldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:17 AM   #10
misterm

Ehm.. so, anyone care to post a screenshot?
Old 09-13-2008, 06:01 AM   #11
Pashkuli
Banned

Thank you, be welcome and if it works for you let it be!

I will try to upload some screenshots but I seem do not know how to attach them to the theme resources at the stash. Anyway here they are:

Old 09-13-2008, 07:27 AM   #12
Limeflavour

There's a small glitch with the "line" between the FX buttons on the tcp, if you resize the track to be as small as possible (drag from bottom and up on the tcp) the "line" get pushed up and behind the FX buttons.
I suggest you use some overlaying to get it right.

Otherwise a very fine theme you've made, I really like the darkgreen color and some new icon ideas. Good job adXok!
Limeflavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #13
Pashkuli
Banned

I think this will be my first and last theme. I just started changing some buttons for my taste and it still has glitches.

But I still do not know how many buttons are there, how many names, and how many positions. I assume that every button should go for itself doesn't matter if it looks and functions as another button (like for example is the mute buttons and so on). But anyway it's a first try and last cause I am a big fan of Nomolitic, Panzer and Aldi's themes.

---------------------

Guys, in the Resources in the Misc link you can find the vector files of the Flat theme.
I uploaded it 'cause I think someone with better designer skills could make the colors fit more naturaly
and creamy and so screamy like mine.

---------------------

Sorry for third time editing this but I wanna ask you guys or some of you who use Corel Draw Xx or Illustrator CSx do you make your themes in each one of these programs 'cause when I tried them and exported the .png there always were some issues:

the icons were floating when howered or pressed, the "corel"-exported .png files always had some light lines left and bottom and seems that only Inkscape did the job right. I know how to use grids at least I do. Just when I do it in Inkscape the exported .png always fit right where they supposed to fit in Reaper's UI.
I thought Illustrator would be the best but not.

Last edited by Pashkuli; 09-14-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:20 PM   #14
caleb

Well - whether you end up doing another skin or not, I have to say I really like this one.

It's the skin I'm using now.

There's a couple of skins that I really like as well and I do tend to change them around once in a while - and this one sits happily in that group.

Regards
Caleb
Old 09-15-2008, 03:45 AM   #15
Pashkuli
Banned

OK, change it according to your taste.

So, anyone making themes in Illustrator CSx?! What about the exported .png?! Do the buttons float afterwards in Reaper cause mine exported that way do!
Why only in Inkscape the results are good I am a little bit confused!?

Oh, and mine are 90 dpi in resolution. Please somebody with better knowladge could explain. Most of the buttons in other themes are 72 dpi and looks amazing. In my Inkscape 0.46 the good result is in 90 dpi!

And is there a way every button to has its own name according to its position 'cause it seems that some buttons share the same name thus only one file in the colors' theme folder. Could somebody make a list of all button names?

For example: I want to make different FX buttons! One for the mixer and another for the tcp.
I tried renaming after copying and so on for edit to make two files but it can be only one like Duncan McCloud
Thats why my theme has this H-line on the track panels between FX and its switch buuton. Anyway...

Last edited by Pashkuli; 09-15-2008 at 03:58 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:41 AM   #16
Lestat66

Any upgrades on this one is worth it. Although it's great right now, can't wait for the final touches.
Lestat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:14 AM   #17
Pashkuli
Banned

Yes I'm thinking of making all buttons look like the monitoring buttons and recording buttons, just the symbol to be bright, the backround below to be mix of its dimmed color and the button or to make some dropshadows to look if the buttons are somehow lifted.

But I need to be possible making difference between for example the FX button on the mixer track and those on the horizontal tracks. Is this possible (mabe some tweaks in the names or whatever). Like the switch fx buttons - they are different there!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:30 AM   #18
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Keep at it sir!

It takes aaaaages to learn your way around Illustrator's bizarre behaviour, particularly when it comes to pixel-perfect stuff. Given how the market is changing, I would suggest you don't waste your time. Inkscape is indeed your man, its not as powerful as Illustrator, but you'll come out of the experience with more hair.
White Tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 AM   #19
Pashkuli
Banned

I do not know... but I suppose that has something to do with the coordinate system wich Inkscape nad Reaper use (probably?!) on one hand and the Illustrator with its own one. Who knows...
I expirenced problems when importing some audio files recorded using Reason 4 as a beckground standalone rhythm module. Afterward when I imported the so recorded files into Reaper and set the tempo and metrum be exacltly what Reason 4 timebar says, believe mo or not but the tempo had small offsets wich with bigger (long time files) was more audible.

I suppose the different float point redundancy rounding is the cause for that (de)effect. Maybe it is simmilar with the pixels settings in the coordinate system of the different vector programs. Source code developers! No offence, just was thinking some stupid things...
Old 10-09-2008, 05:10 AM   #20
caleb

Sorry - had to bump to say yet again how much I love this theme. Every time I open up Reaper it looks like home to me.

There's so many themes I like, but I just can't bring myself to swap this out now that I have it.

Such a good job.

Regards
Caleb