Old 06-27-2020, 03:44 AM   #1
stosostu
Human being with feelings

Default Slow Playback

Normally everything works fine, but on one song I recorded a few weeks ago playback is slow, however, if I hit the 'b' key on the keyboard it plays at the correct speed. If I save and close the project then open it again, it plays slowly again until I press the 'b' key.

When I say the playback is slow, the tempo is slow and the pitch is lowered. If I press 'b' it is fine and I can start and stop replay and it remains fine, but next time I open the project it is slow again.

I have checked the clock at 44.1, the interface is at 44.1, the speed setting is a 1.0.

Any idea what I did wrong in the recording or that I'm doing wrong now? I initially hit the 'b' key by accident and noticed that it fixed the problem, but I cannot find an action that is assigned to the 'b' key.

Thanks in advance.
stosostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #2
SonicAxiom

did you verify which action is currently assignd to your b key in the action window? There's a button to reveal the current assignment.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:50 PM   #3
stosostu

Thanks, I did have a look, but I'll check it again.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:13 AM   #4
stosostu

I had a look at the Actions Menu, but it says there is no action assigned to the 'b' key.

I believe it was an issue with the project having been recorded at 44.1 and the interface being set to 48. I have overcome this by having the project rate of 44.1 being set in the project settings, as a default.

I still don't know why the 'b' key fixed the issue, though.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:58 AM   #5
SonicAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stosostu View Post
I believe it was an issue with the project having been recorded at 44.1 and the interface being set to 48. I have overcome this by having the project rate of 44.1 being set in the project settings, as a default.
yes, sample rate mismatch was probabaly the cause of your issue.

Good luck!