Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 02-06-2021, 11:59 AM   #1
Dberman
Human being with feelings

Default Nektar Impact LX 61+ for ReaLearn source not working

I've watched all the videos and read page after page of posts, but I still can't figure out why this doesn't work. I used MIDI Learn to map knobs on the Impact LX to ReaEQ and ReaComp. That worked, but the knob movements and parameter jumping were unacceptable.

That's when I looked into LBX Smart Knobs, FaderBox, and ReaLearn. I am unable to map any control on the Impact as a ReaLearn source. I've tried every MIDI configuration I can think of in Prefs and ReaLearn. The step I think I'm missing may be mapping the controller to FaderBox. I don't see any way to do that.

I really appreciate all the patience and information the Reaper community puts into supporting each other on these forums, YouTube, and the Reaper blog. I hope I'm not just too dense to understand where I'm going wrong -- even though that is a definite possibility.

Any help will be gratefully accepted. The more details the better. Thanks in advance.
Dberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:27 PM   #2
Dberman

Default Problem solved

At cjewellstudios recommendation, I tried Smart Knobs and FaderBox without ReaLearn. That's when I discovered that my Impact LX was configured as n OSC control surface and a MIDI device. I removed the OSC device, and all is working as expected.
Old 02-07-2021, 06:19 PM   #3
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dberman View Post
At cjewellstudios recommendation, I tried Smart Knobs and FaderBox without ReaLearn. That's when I discovered that my Impact LX was configured as n OSC control surface and a MIDI device. I removed the OSC device, and all is working as expected.
Alright! Glad you got it working.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:04 AM   #4
helgoboss

Please note that ReaLearn 2 should be out within a week. It has many new features, including a replacement for the LBX SmartKnobs workaround ("Auto-load preset"). If you want, you can check out today's prerelease v1.12.0-pre21.

@cjewellstudios Would be a good time to make an updated version of the YouTube tutorial, in case you are in the mood
helgoboss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:05 PM   #5
Dberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
Please note that ReaLearn 2 should be out within a week. It has many new features, including a replacement for the LBX SmartKnobs workaround ("Auto-load preset"). If you want, you can check out today's prerelease v1.12.0-pre21.

@cjewellstudios Would be a good time to make an updated version of the YouTube tutorial, in case you are in the mood
Nice! I will give it a try. After getting everything set up, I have the same issue with the knobs not operating smoothly. I'm sure that is something with the Impact, not any of the Reaper tools, but I keep trying...