Old 05-23-2019, 03:31 AM   #1
composerguy78
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 50
Default Graphics Hardware question

I am finding that the FX Windows and possibly other windows also take a while to open in Reaper. I don’t have much to compare to except that it generally takes about 1-2 seconds. My machine is only a year old with an i7800 processor.

Could this be my graphics card causing this or is this the same for most people?

Here are my machine specs:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hk7KPs
composerguy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:03 AM   #2
ivansc
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Cambridge UK and Near Questembert, France
Posts: 18,558
Default

a suggestion: Have you tried running resplendence.com`s excellent latency checker? The parts list appear to think you may have potential clashes with slot-sharing.

In any case, that latency checker will also give you warning of any other potential issues you may have.
Sorry that`s all I got without knowing what interface, etc you are using and of course what other apps you may have running that could be disputing control over the GFX stuff. Good luck!
__________________
Brexit Schmexit. Lets have a violent revolution instead. Bagsy the first go with a nuke! (Here, Moggy Moggy...)
ivansc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:58 AM   #3
composerguy78
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 50
Default

Thank you for that suggestion- I will run that and post results!
composerguy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:51 AM   #4
hopi
Human being with feelings
 
hopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Right Hear
Posts: 14,444
Default

people have gone mad these days... if something takes 1 or 2 seconds to happen they can't stand that horrendous wait time...

let's see now.... "when having sex with my GF it often takes....." Is there anyway I can tweak a setting to make it faster????

"when I drink beer and have to take a leak it often takes........" Is there anyway I can make that faster so I can get back to drinking sooner???

on and freakin' on...
__________________
...should be fixed for the next build... http://tinyurl.com/cr7o7yl
https://soundcloud.com/hopikiva/angel-rain
hopi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #5
bobtom1
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: France
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
people have gone mad these days... if something takes 1 or 2 seconds to happen they can't stand that horrendous wait time...

let's see now.... "when having sex with my GF it often takes....." Is there anyway I can tweak a setting to make it faster????
Erm, actually I usually find myself tweaking the same 'setting' to make it last a bit longer!
__________________
Win 10 64bit : Reaper 5.xx : Akai DPS24 : Izotope RX Editor
bobtom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:19 AM   #6
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings
 
clepsydrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by composerguy78 View Post
Could this be my graphics card causing this or is this the same for most people?
I'm sure it's not the video card.

What plugins are we talking about? Your username implies that you are a composer, which might imply that you're loading VSTi's with samples?

I'd guess it's either heavyweight plugins or loading samples causing the delay?
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:17 AM   #7
Greg Savage
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by composerguy78 View Post
it generally takes about 1-2 seconds. My machine is only a year old with an i7800 processor.

Could this be my graphics card causing this or is this the same for most people?

Here are my machine specs:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hk7KPs
Bummer
Greg Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:39 AM   #8
Goldreap
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post

"when I drink beer and have to take a leak it often takes........" Is there anyway I can make that faster so I can get back to drinking sooner???

...
Pumpkin seeds.....or just reverse the ageing process!
Goldreap is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.