Old 09-14-2019, 03:10 PM   #1921
heda
Human being with feelings

Now that I see, it should change the values in relative mode on each track. Now it sets the same value for all sends.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:59 PM   #1922
Tone Ranger

Thanks for this great script, @heda!! Just picked up the VIP version, and getting my head around everything it can do. I have a couple of questions for you:

-I installed everything as suggested in the thread, but when I started the script it says I have a missing JS plugin. I looked, and indeed the one it's asking for is not there. Where can I download this plugin (I'm on 64 bit Mac)?

And secondly, the EBU meter seems to work great on the Master Track version of the script, but only the RMS meter works on the regular track version, it seems. Have I missed configuring something somewhere? I've installed dpMeter4 VST3 version only.

Thanks again!!
Tone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:40 AM   #1923
heda

thank you Tone Ranger
this is gain jsfx in utility folder:

Code:
desc: volume adjustment
slider1:0<-40,24,1>adjustment (dB)

@slider
  adj1=2 ^ (slider1/6); 
  doseek=1;

@block
doseek ? (
  dadj=(adj1-adj1_s)/samplesblock;
  doseek=0;
):(
  dadj=0;
  adj1_s=adj1;
);

@sample
spl0=spl0*adj1_s;
spl1=spl1*adj1_s;
adj1_s+=dadj;
I'll fix it.. I thought it was included in REAPER. but maybe I had it there since v4
that mastering gain plugin is not really needed on the monitorfx chain unless you really want it. It's a very specific thing. Let me know if you don't understand it or if you are interested on how it works.

GonZ is also reporting the same issue with the EBU meter on tracks... I really don't know what can it be. If it is working on the master track version it is a mystery. I'll keep investigating.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:09 PM   #1924
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
thank you Tone Ranger
this is gain jsfx in utility folder:

Code:
desc: volume adjustment
slider1:0<-40,24,1>adjustment (dB)

@slider
  adj1=2 ^ (slider1/6); 
  doseek=1;

@block
doseek ? (
  dadj=(adj1-adj1_s)/samplesblock;
  doseek=0;
):(
  dadj=0;
  adj1_s=adj1;
);

@sample
spl0=spl0*adj1_s;
spl1=spl1*adj1_s;
adj1_s+=dadj;
I'll fix it.. I thought it was included in REAPER. but maybe I had it there since v4
that mastering gain plugin is not really needed on the monitorfx chain unless you really want it. It's a very specific thing. Let me know if you don't understand it or if you are interested on how it works.

GonZ is also reporting the same issue with the EBU meter on tracks... I really don't know what can it be. If it is working on the master track version it is a mystery. I'll keep investigating.
Much appreciated for all this, @heda!

The mastering gain function isn't really something I need, so not a big worry, but I thought if it's easy enough I would get it working in case I ever have a use for it. What do I need to do to take that code and make it into the plugin? I noticed I have a plugin called 'gain_plus' in the utility folder, would that work instead? If it's complicated to get this going, not a problem!

And thanks for looking into the EBU meter thing!
Old 09-15-2019, 05:55 PM   #1925
Pinknoise

I imported a Reaper config into a new Linux install. When I open Reaper it auto loads inspector. I tried many ways to turn it off but none of them work.

If I create a new project, wich loads a defined project that has no inspector in it, it works fine.

When opening Reaper it seems inspector gets auto loaded before the new project,
also when setting open project on startup: Prompt inspector loads up.

I tried a startup action in sws to stop all scripts but inspector is still quicker to open. What am I missing in settings to stop this ?

I would gladly keep inspector running but it requires dpmeter for wich the only solution would probably use Linvst3 on linux but it seems a bit tedious to get it running with no garantee to work.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:55 AM   #1926
heda

You must have added Track inspector in the __startup.lua global start file. But it is strange if you say you tested in a new install. Track Inspector doesn't start by default unless you add it to __startup.lua or to the SWS startup action.

you don't need dpmeter to run Track Inspector. It is only needed if you want the EBUR128 meter. You can disable it and use RMS meter, or no meters.
Also, I added an option to use dpmeter VST2 version specifically needed for Linux.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:57 AM   #1927
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Ranger View Post
I noticed I have a plugin called 'gain_plus' in the utility folder, would that work instead?
you could copy and rename gain_plus to "gain". then edit that "gain" file and paste the code. I'll include it in next update
Old 09-16-2019, 06:52 AM   #1928
Pinknoise

Quote:
You must have added Track inspector in the __startup.lua global start file. But it is strange if you say you tested in a new install. Track Inspector doesn't start by default unless you add it to __startup.lua or to the SWS startup action.

you don't need dpmeter to run Track Inspector. It is only needed if you want the EBUR128 meter. You can disable it and use RMS meter, or no meters.
Also, I added an option to use dpmeter VST2 version specifically needed for Linux.
Thanks for your answer. It's a new install on Linux but imported config from windows could have some possible quirks to deal with it just a guess.

I did'nt know there was a Linux version that's awsome ! The popup stoped after I both removes Heda Script folder and launch the manager even without installing. Everything is working after update and Linux version installed. That's great tx !
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:50 AM   #1929
Tone Ranger

Quote:
you could copy and rename gain_plus to "gain". then edit that "gain" file and paste the code. I'll include it in next update
That worked - thanks @heda!
Old 09-17-2019, 03:25 AM   #1930
GonZ

Quote:
I am very surprised too. I am going to open a discord server for support chat. Maybe you can send me there your reaper.ini and track inspector settings file so I can test and see if I can duplicate the issue
Ok, thanks for everything.
GonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:38 AM   #1931
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZ View Post
Ok, thanks for everything.
I've been able to reproduce the issue now in a new computer... I think I can fix it now. thx!
Old 09-19-2019, 06:28 AM   #1932
heda

Default v1.4rc36 (2019-09-19)

update with some fixes for dpMeter4 and multiple selected tracks sends in relative mode while dragging for now. still to do when setting specific value.

* v1.4rc36 (2019-09-19)
+ sends are modified for all selected tracks
# fix for dpMeter4 not being correctly adjusted on normal TI instance.
# updated dpmeter4 fxchain file for Monitor FX
# include "gain" jsfx for master gain option. updated included mastergain fx chain.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:42 AM   #1933
Tone Ranger

Quote:
update with some fixes for dpMeter4 and multiple selected tracks sends in relative mode while dragging for now. still to do when setting specific value.
* v1.4rc36 (2019-09-19)
# include "gain" jsfx for master gain option. updated included mastergain fx chain.
Fantastic - thanks for the fixes, @heda!!
Old 09-24-2019, 06:26 AM   #1934
GonZ

Quote:
I've been able to reproduce the issue now in a new computer... I think I can fix it now. thx!

Thx?? Thanks to you!!! You've solved it!! <3 You cannot know how much I appreciate you've fixed it!
GonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 03:18 AM   #1935
Skorobagatko

Quote:

* v1.4rc36 (2019-09-19)
Great! Can you make the same behaviour for the send mute buttons, so ew could select for example all guitar tracks and activate "mute all sends" for selected tracks? For now it needs to done separately for every track.
Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:34 AM   #1936
_Stevie_

HeDa, do you think it would be possible to improve Versions a bit?
I would really love a way to create versions without duplicating the whole track. For several reasons:

1. depending on the track (huge Kontakt instrument, Acustica Audio plugins,...)
it can take really long to duplicate a track.

2. the older versions of a track still "run" in the background and eat ressources.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:40 AM   #1937
Klangfarben

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
HeDa, do you think it would be possible to improve Versions a bit?
I would really love a way to create versions without duplicating the whole track
Yeah, would really love this. I use TI versions quite a bit and this would make the workflow more efficient.

EDIT: Or at least have this as an option so that people that aren't using different VIs and plugin versions don't have to load all the VIs and plugins multiple times.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:51 AM   #1938
_Stevie_

OR introduce a new panel called "Item version", so track versions can be kept the way they are.

Track versions would literally be versions of tracks: like version 2 of a track would use a complete different set of VSTs.

But item versions would only refer to the content of the item (= different notes of a piano part).
Old 09-25-2019, 08:53 AM   #1939
Klangfarben

Quote:
OR introduce a new panel called "Item version", so track versions can be kept the way they are.
That is an even better idea
Old 09-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #1940
anomar

Default Heda TI VIP_Master and MPL Mapping

Hi Heda !
Only to you have know.
I was having a issue with MPL Mapping Script, sometimes the script not receveid the last touched plugin parameter.
I thinked that was caused by a Windows10 update, but today I discoverd what is really causing the problem.
It only happens if I have the TI VIP_Master opened (not TI_Normal).
The issue is repeaetble, when TI_Master is not active MPL behaves normally.
My version of TI_VIP is 1.4rc36
MPL MappingPanel 2.04
Reaper v5983
Win10 1903

Cheers
anomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:29 AM   #1941
heda

@_Stevie_, @Klangfarben
Isn't that what Sexan's script does? I did the duplicate track while Cockos implements the proper track versions in REAPER 6... But I never thought it was going to take years. Maybe a proper native "track versions" could be around the corner? We did it with negative delay! hehe

_Stevie_, the inactive versions shouldn't take resources, they are put offline and muted and hidden.

If you only need to change the MIDI and use the same VSTi, maybe you can try to make children tracks for the MIDI items, that routes automatically the MIDI to the VSTi track. Then duplicating versions of those MIDI tracks should be quick because they don't contain the VSTi. I wouldn't do it on 1000 tracks.. only on the ones that need versions.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:01 AM   #1942
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorobagatko View Post
Great! Can you make the same behaviour for the send mute buttons, so ew could select for example all guitar tracks and activate "mute all sends" for selected tracks? For now it needs to done separately for every track.
I'll do that. thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomar View Post
Hi Heda !
Only to you have know.
I was having a issue with MPL Mapping Script, sometimes the script not receveid the last touched plugin parameter.
I thinked that was caused by a Windows10 update, but today I discoverd what is really causing the problem.
It only happens if I have the TI VIP_Master opened (not TI_Normal).
The issue is repeaetble, when TI_Master is not active MPL behaves normally.
My version of TI_VIP is 1.4rc36
MPL MappingPanel 2.04
Reaper v5983
Win10 1903

Cheers
at first... I have no idea why it would affect. I will test it if I have time.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:11 AM   #1943
Klangfarben

Quote:
If you only need to change the MIDI and use the same VSTi, maybe you can try to make children tracks for the MIDI items, that routes automatically the MIDI to the VSTi track. Then duplicating versions of those MIDI tracks should be quick because they don't contain the VSTi. I wouldn't do it on 1000 tracks.. only on the ones that need versions.
Unfortunately this really isn't possible when you are talking about the amount of tracks in a normal film scoring template. You would literally be doubling the track count and really bad things happen when the track count goes over a certain amount.

And yes, Sexan's Track Versions script does it. it's really brilliant but unfortunately it's not finished and a bit buggy at the moment. He's in the middle of another large script (Area 51) so I don't know if he'll come back to it anytime soon. If there was a way to incorporate what Sexan has done into TI, that would be a dream come true.

Last edited by Klangfarben; 09-25-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:48 PM   #1944
_Stevie_

Yes, have to agree with Klangfarben. That would be a huge endeavor and not making things easier.
Would it be too complex to incorporate something like item versions?
Old 09-25-2019, 02:16 PM   #1945
_Stevie_

Btw HeDa, new pre has this:
ReaScript: add support for setting track playback offset value and attributes
Old 09-25-2019, 02:26 PM   #1946
heda

I am already on it
This will be faster than doing Item versions
Old 09-25-2019, 02:53 PM   #1947
_Stevie_

Weeeeeee, parteeeeyyyyyy
Old 09-25-2019, 03:19 PM   #1948
Klangfarben

Quote:
I am already on it
Soooo good. I'm literally going to do a dance.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:31 PM   #1949
heda

Default v1.4rc37 (2019-09-26)

I have more ideas to put but it should work now with the native(latest dev) playback time offset.

ENABLE it from the delay panel menu.

It works also with multiple tracks selected. It means yes, you can change time delay to all selected tracks at once.
I may still need to put a bypass button, checkbox or something.

more ideas to do:
- automatic conversion from time_adjustment jsfx to native time offset.
- automatic delay set from track name with user defined table.
- get time offset from time selection.

more? suggest it below
as always, let me know if you find a bug
And thank you and thank you Cockos for the API!

* v1.4rc37 (2019-09-26)
+ Delay panel: Playback time offset support
+ Delay panel: Custom buttons
# Delay panel: to delete presets it is now SHIFT+Right mouse button. (it was SHIFT + Left mouse button)
# mute send for all selected tracks
Old 09-26-2019, 02:57 PM   #1950
Klangfarben

Wow, so good Heda! The selected tracks at once is fantastic!! Bypass button would be great so you can audition the delay amount.

Everything on the to do list sounds great as well. Will chime in if I think of anything additional.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:12 PM   #1951
_Stevie_

Hmm something is wrong here.
Values don't appear in the routing window:
Old 09-26-2019, 04:21 PM   #1952
Arthur McArthur

It's great that you're adding support for this, thanks, Heda. Working great on latest pre. A bypass and samples/ms button would be useful.

Refining an earlier request I made earlier for easier adding of FX:

Could a right-click on empty space or the FX section just pop open the "FX extended mixer context" menu?
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 02:01 AM   #1953
heda

Quote:
Hmm something is wrong here.
Values don't appear in the routing window:
I'm not sure why... do you have track 63 selected, but the routing window you show seems Track 1 MTC ?
Old 09-27-2019, 02:04 AM   #1954
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Could a right-click on empty space or the FX section just pop open the "FX extended mixer context" menu?
Yes, I guess it would be easier than clicking the small button. Is that the reason? You can also right click on the panel name. but the FX one is also tiny button.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:08 AM   #1955
heda

@_Stevie_
@Klangfarben

I was thinking about items versions... If you only need to change the MIDI and maintain the VSTi, but why not to use Item Takes?
The only thing is that track automation would be still shared between takes, but maybe that's a good thing too. I'm trying to think what big limitation with takes makes the need of a dedicated script.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:18 AM   #1956
_Stevie_

Quote:
I'm not sure why... do you have track 63 selected, but the routing window you show seems Track 1 MTC ?
1. Damn, I realized what it was!
I added a custom button for the routing and left clicked it. But the routing
will only open for that track, if I right-click the button.

It was when opening a new project, maybe TI didn't catch the current track.

2. Do you think there is a way to improve the responsiveness of the track delay slider? It's been always sluggy for me. I wish it was the same as the volume and pan slider.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:29 AM   #1957
heda

Quote:
2. Do you think there is a way to improve the responsiveness of the track delay slider? It's been always sluggy for me. I wish it was the same as the volume and pan slider.
No. I think it may be the API, the way it refreshes the routing or something.. Maybe it is worse if the overall routing of the project is complex. On a new project with a simple track, it is fast.
I've noticed more sluggishness when the i/O window is open, with the option to maintain those window open. But nothing too bad.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:17 AM   #1958
Klangfarben

Quote:
@_Stevie_
@Klangfarben

I was thinking about items versions... If you only need to change the MIDI and maintain the VSTi, but why not to use Item Takes?
The only thing is that track automation would be still shared between takes, but maybe that's a good thing too. I'm trying to think what big limitation with takes makes the need of a dedicated script.
Takes are unfortunately not a good solution at all. Takes are not independent of one another and to use them for alternate parts they would have to be. They are all tied together. And they can't be edited separately either. Split one take and you've split all of them.

While I know there are people that like Reaper's take feature, for takes to be usable in this scenario they would need to function like takes/playlists in other DAWS where a take/playlist is completely independent from each other - length, editing, etc. And yes, automation would also need to be separate.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:32 AM   #1959
heda

oh well yes... in some situations is no the best... I was thinking for a quick duplicate of an entire track, with a different take... if you start splitting things etc, it can be a nightmare.
Then, we have recording in multiple lanes inside the track with free item positioning and mute the items that we don't need, but maybe it can be messy
Old 09-27-2019, 10:23 AM   #1960
Klangfarben

Quote:
but maybe it can be messy
Unfortunately it would be a land mine. Shrapnel everywhere...

Reapers take system is just not designed for this kind of work. Nor is lanes. Again, lanes are a great feature and having multiple items in the same lane is very useful. But for this kind of work where you want to try out different parts, alternate versions, etc. it gets ugly fast.

Just throwing this out there but would it be worth checking with Sexan about the possibility of incorporating his work on Track Versions into TI?