Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 10-22-2019, 12:19 PM   #681
hangnef
Human being with feelings

Totally not a big deal (and could even be an issue with my project or just my misunderstanding). Just wanted to let the dev know.

On my Novation SL MKIII some track colors don't show up on the pads. I've attached some screenshots. Tracks 2 and 4 show up with no color on the pads (or LCD above it), but the faders show the correct colors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0489.jpg (50.4 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0490.jpg (55.4 KB, 242 views)
hangnef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:20 PM   #682
barbaroja

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
If that remains with the upcoming fix, it would be nice to have some further info. Regarding the browser a screenshot of the Reaper browser with all folders (especially the ones you created) would be helpful. Regarding project crahes please check the plugins and try to change the handling of plugins (e.g. run in separate process) in the Reaper settings.
Bug is fixed. Thanks, Moss.

Since I have so many plugins, is a fundamental part of my process to be able to select things by function since names are not always descriptive. I am a neat freak so I hale lots of user folders and Pseudo subfolders and separators. A total of around 140. It takes roughly 5 seconds on the push2 screen to move the knob cursor to another one. Definitely something happens with user folders here. If I navigate using the devices knob, it is smooth. I have uploaded a portion of how it looks. I use dashes a lot as well to indicate separators and subfolders, since reaper user folder structure is so limited.

On another particular side note. Sometimes I get weird colors on the push 2 pads. This morning it was all orange in any track for some reason.

Last edited by barbaroja; 04-29-2023 at 01:14 AM.
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:23 PM   #683
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
Since I have so many plugins, is a fundamental part of my process to be able to select things by function since names are not always descriptive. I am a neat freak so I hale lots of user folders and Pseudo subfolders and separators. A total of around 140. It takes roughly 5 seconds on the push2 screen to move the knob cursor to another one. Definitely something happens with user folders here. If I navigate using the devices knob, it is smooth. I have uploaded a portion of how it looks. I use dashes a lot as well to indicate separators and subfolders, since reaper user folder structure is so limited.
To understand this correctly:
When you navigate the user folders it is slow but when you navigate the devices of a user folder it is fast?
Are your user folders queries or just collections?

Quote:
On another particular side note. Sometimes I get weird colors on the push 2 pads. This morning it was all orange in any track for some reason.
[/QUOTE]

In that case simply restart the extension (e.g. de-/activate). On startup I set a new color palette but somehow sometimes it just does not work.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:08 AM   #684
barbaroja

Quote:
To understand this correctly:
When you navigate the user folders it is slow but when you navigate the devices of a user folder it is fast?
Are your user folders queries or just collections?
Devices navigation under user folders is also slow. I do not understand what you mean by queries. I created each one by hand and allocated the plugins I wanted in each folder. Is that a collection?

Edit:

Visual midi feedback only works with the oldest clip in the track. When free item positioning is enabled, you can have many clips playing at the same time. I feel it should work with all active clips. This is important.

Here is a video of user folders. It is slow and also does not show the plugins in the folders. Whilst I do not use this feature, I'm happy to help you iron out these bugs.

https://youtu.be/Vgu0sYPwXlU

Last edited by barbaroja; 10-23-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 02:36 AM   #685
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymattre98 View Post
I'm a new user. I downloaded version 8.21 and am running DrivenbyMoss with a Launchpad MK2. I have everything working for the most part but I think I encountered a few errors. The Double button and Shift-Double buttons appear to be switched. The second column (shift) one seems to be the start - stop and the first column seems to be creating the new clip and going into overdub mode. Not a big deal but thought I would mention it.

The other issue is I can't get the sequencers to run. I saw in the thread this was supposed to be fixed in 8.20 but with 8.21 I do not get anything different when holding Shift (Mixer) button and pressing Note (User 1) button. It still just cycles through the 3 play modes (scale mode, piano layout mode and drum mode). Is it possible the 8.21 hotfix disabled the sequencers again?

Thanks for all your hard work creating this!
Thanks for reporting! Will be fixed in the next update.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:09 AM   #686
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirrex View Post
I have iCON Platform M+. Try your drivers. :-) Nice job! Thank you!

Can you help me, please.

1. I select "Volume" mod... (press jog wheel - until I see the inscription "volume".)
- In iCON display i see volume number...

2. I touch volume fader.
- Volume numbers are change. Good!

3. I take my hand off the fader and the display switches to "panorama" mode itself.

- I press jog wheel once and I see the inscription "Volume" and everything becomes back in "Volume" mode.

Windows 10 x64, Reaper 5.984, Moss 8.21.
Thanks, will be fixed in the next update!
Old 10-26-2019, 05:28 AM   #687
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangnef View Post
Totally not a big deal (and could even be an issue with my project or just my misunderstanding). Just wanted to let the dev know.

On my Novation SL MKIII some track colors don't show up on the pads. I've attached some screenshots. Tracks 2 and 4 show up with no color on the pads (or LCD above it), but the faders show the correct colors.
Since this code is coming from the Bitwig support, only the track colors of Bitwig are supported. For all other colors the closed palette color is calculated, which results for the lighter colors to white.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:55 PM   #688
moss

Quote:
Devices navigation under user folders is also slow. I do not understand what you mean by queries. I created each one by hand and allocated the plugins I wanted in each folder. Is that a collection?
Right click a folder and choose Edit. In the dialog you can enable "Smart Folder". This allows you to enter a serach query instead of manually assigning plugins, e.g. entering "Reverb OR Valhalla" would give me all my Reverb plugins in that folder.

Quote:
Visual midi feedback only works with the oldest clip in the track. When free item positioning is enabled, you can have many clips playing at the same time. I feel it should work with all active clips. This is important.
MIDI data is checked for the clip at the play cursor position of the first selected track.

Quote:
Here is a video of user folders. It is slow and also does not show the plugins in the folders. Whilst I do not use this feature, I'm happy to help you iron out these bugs.
I think I got it and should be fast in the next update.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:06 AM   #689
moss

Version 8.30 is online!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de
  • New: Speed up browsing filter columns
  • Fixed: Last item in a browser filter column could not be selected.
  • Support for Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3
  • Launchpad MkII
    • Fixed: The Play and New functions in Shift mode were switched.
    • Fixed: Sequencers were not available
  • MCU
    • Fixed: Do not set pan mode on fader touch release when volume mode was active before.
  • OSC
    • Fixed: OSC did crash on startup
    • Fixed: Calls to /track/x/clip did not work

Enjoy!
Old 10-27-2019, 02:19 PM   #690
greymattre98

I downloaded 8.30 but can't seem to get it installed properly. I might be a little dense. I replaced all folders in the UserPlugins folder in reaper where the 8.21 version had been. I confirmed all folders are now dated 10/27 so I know they are where they belong. But when I load reaper and go to configure the launchpad under drivenbymoss, the pop up window still says version 8.21. I've deleted the .dll driver and rerun reaper and of course it doesn't find the tool at all. Then I copied the new driver (dated 10/27) back into the folder and it works just fine but is still version 8.21. I've rebooted the PC as well.

Is the old driver sitting in cache somewhere or in a reaper file that I need to remove? The version that says it's 8.21 still acts like version 8.21 so it seems I'm just not getting the new driver loaded properly.

(Using Windows 10)

Last edited by greymattre98; 10-27-2019 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Platform used
greymattre98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 04:34 PM   #691
barbaroja

Quote:
data is checked for the clip at the play cursor position of the first selected track
Thanks for the update, works great.

Report:

Folders now work as expected. Great! Quick question. Is there an option to have new devices float as they are inserted? I find those extra clicks unnecesary.

As for MIDI visual feedback, I find its use really limited as of now.

1. Having more that one clip at the same time (free item positioning mode) in one track does not work as expected. Only plays one clip. Looks like its the oldest clip in the timeline. I tested with only two clips. I can not say when it is going to give feedback for one or another but I feel it is related to a time reference for when the clip was moved into that particular position.

2. If a clip is muted, it still lights up pads. I feel a muted clip should not light pads.

3. If I use another controller to input MIDI, pads do not light up. I feel they should. It is MIDI happening on the track.

3. If I use the mouse to click notes or insert notes, pads do not light up (if they lighted, would be very useful for drum VSTs)

4. A MIDI note generator plugin (ie: an arpeggiator) does not generate visual feedback on pads.

Best
Old 10-28-2019, 02:41 AM   #692
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymattre98 View Post
I downloaded 8.30 but can't seem to get it installed properly. I might be a little dense. I replaced all folders in the UserPlugins folder in reaper where the 8.21 version had been. I confirmed all folders are now dated 10/27 so I know they are where they belong. But when I load reaper and go to configure the launchpad under drivenbymoss, the pop up window still says version 8.21. I've deleted the .dll driver and rerun reaper and of course it doesn't find the tool at all. Then I copied the new driver (dated 10/27) back into the folder and it works just fine but is still version 8.21. I've rebooted the PC as well.

Is the old driver sitting in cache somewhere or in a reaper file that I need to remove? The version that says it's 8.21 still acts like version 8.21 so it seems I'm just not getting the new driver loaded properly.

(Using Windows 10)
I guess you downloaded the old version. Refresh the download page and make sure the ZIP file contains 8.30 in the name.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:45 AM   #693
moss

Quote:
Folders now work as expected. Great! Quick question. Is there an option to have new devices float as they are inserted? I find those extra clicks unnecesary.
Without having tested it, I guess that depends on your Reaper settings. You can enable to open new plugins in a window.

Quote:
1. Having more that one clip at the same time (free item positioning mode) in one track does not work as expected. Only plays one clip. Looks like its the oldest clip in the timeline. I tested with only two clips. I can not say when it is going to give feedback for one or another but I feel it is related to a time reference for when the clip was moved into that particular position.
2. If a clip is muted, it still lights up pads. I feel a muted clip should not light pads.
Will check.

Quote:
3. If I use another controller to input MIDI, pads do not light up. I feel they should. It is MIDI happening on the track.
3. If I use the mouse to click notes or insert notes, pads do not light up (if they lighted, would be very useful for drum VSTs)
4. A MIDI note generator plugin (ie: an arpeggiator) does not generate visual feedback on pads.
Up to my knowledge it is not possible to monitor these things.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:13 AM   #694
greymattre98

I had the correct version. I think when I moved the new folder over, there was an old 8.21 file that stayed because it wasn't overwritten. I deleted that and the config files and now I have 8.30. Fixes confirmed for Launchpad, thank you!
greymattre98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:38 AM   #695
altura

Default Can't get moss4reaper plugin to work

Hey! I'm sorry for my ignorance but I've tried to install the plugin as instructed in your youtube video. I've put the DLL-file and the "drivenbymoss lib" in the reaper UserPlugin folder. Now, when I add drivenbymoss4reaper in control surface/OSC/Web it can't find the library in Java Runtime.

In the video you say you only need DrivenByMoss lib and the dll-file but it seems that's not enough? I've tried to put the Java Runtime folder in the UserPlugin folder and then I get no error message but my Komplete Kontroler mk2 doesn't respond at all.

I'm just a musician trying to compose some music and have no skills in scripts and such so I would very much appreciate your help.

Last edited by altura; 10-28-2019 at 08:43 AM.
altura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:30 PM   #696
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by altura View Post
Hey! I'm sorry for my ignorance but I've tried to install the plugin as instructed in your youtube video. I've put the DLL-file and the "drivenbymoss lib" in the reaper UserPlugin folder. Now, when I add drivenbymoss4reaper in control surface/OSC/Web it can't find the library in Java Runtime.

In the video you say you only need DrivenByMoss lib and the dll-file but it seems that's not enough? I've tried to put the Java Runtime folder in the UserPlugin folder and then I get no error message but my Komplete Kontroler mk2 doesn't respond at all.

I'm just a musician trying to compose some music and have no skills in scripts and such so I would very much appreciate your help.
No worries :-)

I guess you watched an old installation video, current one is that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_xv...Eklxqu&index=7

Also the download contains a readme file with latest infos.

Regarding the Komplete keyboard please read the additional notes and installation instructions in the wiki: https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenBy...ments-Kontrol2

Hope this helps.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:31 PM   #697
altura

Default Working!

Thank you so much! That made the trick! There is so many versions of extensions, plugins and videos making you confused. This forum is a jungle but very helpful!

Thanks again for your help!

/ Peter
altura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:21 PM   #698
barbaroja

Quote:
Justin and the devs are pretty open and easy to reach when it comes to this type of things and API improvements. Definitely a big one here if you ask me.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:37 PM   #699
beingmf

Quote:
Definitely a big one here if you ask me.
Quote:

Yes, definitely. Just when I thought I found the working solution for my issues, this answer almost made me want to switch to Live (yuck).
There simply must be visual feedback when assigned parameters get switched, be it because it was programmed as a marker action or triggered e.g. by a second keyboard.

Not being able to *read* the status of tracks/plugins/parameters just makes nö sense at all.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #700
OscarSjöberg

Default Works on Nucleus!

Hi! Thank you for the brilliant work!

I added a Mackie MCU - Control Universal + 1 Extender, as a controller. I'm using a Nucleus 1.
Everything pretty much works from the start with the Mackie MCU Pro profile, except that the tracks on the left side of the controller are on the right side, and v.v.

I mean, looking at the controller, the track order is the following:
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Is it possible to switch the track order?

(Two other things that I can't get working are the jog wheel, and changing 1 channel at a time, using the channel buttons. The channel buttons work and all (e.g. for FX params), but does not change channels up and down. That's all I can come up with that would be nice to have.)

I'm really happy for the fact that I'm able to see an change 16 FX parameters at a time!

Really great stuff =)
OscarSjöberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:52 AM   #701
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarSjöberg View Post
Hi! Thank you for the brilliant work!

I added a Mackie MCU - Control Universal + 1 Extender, as a controller. I'm using a Nucleus 1.
Everything pretty much works from the start with the Mackie MCU Pro profile, except that the tracks on the left side of the controller are on the right side, and v.v.

I mean, looking at the controller, the track order is the following:
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Is it possible to switch the track order?

(Two other things that I can't get working are the jog wheel, and changing 1 channel at a time, using the channel buttons. The channel buttons work and all (e.g. for FX params), but does not change channels up and down. That's all I can come up with that would be nice to have.)
The MCU implementation currently expect the device with the transport controls to be on the right and the extenders on the left. I guess with the Nucleus it is the other way round? Does it appear as 2 MIDI devices? You can try to flip the MIDI ports but I gues then the transport ont work.
No idea why the jog wheel does not work.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:11 AM   #702
OscarSjöberg

Default Nucleus support

Quote:
The MCU implementation currently expect the device with the transport controls to be on the right and the extenders on the left. I guess with the Nucleus it is the other way round? Does it appear as 2 MIDI devices? You can try to flip the MIDI ports but I gues then the transport ont work.
No idea why the jog wheel does not work.
Yes, exactly - the Nucleus appears as 2 devices, and if the midi ports are switched, transport doesn't work. So the first functions as kind of a main controller (the left one), and the second one as an extender (the right one).

Therefore, I think, for Nucleus support, the MCU implementation would need to be able to support having the main device physically to the left, and an extender to the right. Would this be possible in some future version?
OscarSjöberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:58 AM   #703
IggyLites

Quote:
Don't have the device but if it behaves like the other icon models it should be possible to change the key assignments with the editor you can download.
https://iconproaudio.com/product/platform-nano/
This is very odd, I'm guessing something must be in the wrong mode. Should I be running the Icon as Mackie MCU or User Defined? When I press the jog wheel it goes to this pop-up window that I have 0 clue what it is!

We all appreciate your efforts!
IggyLites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #704
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyLites View Post
This is very odd, I'm guessing something must be in the wrong mode. Should I be running the Icon as Mackie MCU or User Defined? When I press the jog wheel it goes to this pop-up window that I have 0 clue what it is!

We all appreciate your efforts!
If you use the "user mode" you can adjust the assignments of the buttons with the editor.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:58 PM   #705
moss

DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper 8.40 is online!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de
  • New: Do not display note feedback from muted media items
  • New: Switched to "MIDI Arpeggiator" instead of "MIDI Note Repeater" for Note Repeat.
    This requires a fix on the MIDI Arpeggiator JS plugin to make the note length work:
    Increase the note length step resolution from 0.1 to 0.001 like this:
    slider2:1<0.01,1,0.001>Note Length
  • New: Support for Novation Launchpad X
  • New: Support for Novation Launchpad Mini Mk3
  • Fixed: Controller instance was not stopped when deactivated
  • Launchpad
    • New: Shift mode: Enable note repeat and set the note repeat period and length with the pads in the middle
  • Maschine Mikro Mk3
    • New: Added note repeat settings
  • OSC
    • New: Added commands for note repeat
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Added note repeat, long press Repeat button for configuration settings
    • New: The note insert/edit MIDI channel can be selected in the Track Details mode and in the document settings

Watch for the Launchpad X and Mini Mk3 support (it is for Bitwig but features are the same for Reaper): https://youtu.be/O1r8zePOmos

Enjoy!
Old 11-16-2019, 08:10 AM   #706
alexspetty

Default Not seeing "DrivenByMoss4Reaper" option in the "Control/OSC/web" config

Hello,
I am not seeing "DrivenByMoss4Reaper" option in the "Control/OSC/web" config! I have followed all of the steps in the readme. I have even tried re-installing Reaper as a portable application. No matter what I try I am unable to select the "DrivenByMoss4Reaper" option. I am attempting to use "DrivenByMoss4Reaper-8.40-Windows". I am trying to use it with 64 bit Reaper version v5.985 (released on November 13, 2019). My PC runs Windows 10 Professional. I also tried running older versions of Reaper (which I found here: https://www.reaper.fm/download-old.php?ver=5x), just in case some newer update in Reaper was breaking Moss's plugin.
I tried:
REAPER v5.984 - October 12, 2019
REAPER v5.983 - August 29, 2019
and even REAPER v5.80 - April 25, 2018

In all cases, I was NOT able to get this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am really happy about the possibility of using my Push2 with Reaper.
Much thanks to Moss for developing this wonderful software!

Thanks,
Alex

Last edited by alexspetty; 11-16-2019 at 01:51 PM.
alexspetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:40 AM   #707
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Thx again moss for this incredible work !!!
Old 11-17-2019, 12:28 AM   #708
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexspetty View Post
Hello,
I am not seeing "DrivenByMoss4Reaper" option in the "Control/OSC/web" config! I have followed all of the steps in the readme. I have even tried re-installing Reaper as a portable application. No matter what I try I am unable to select the "DrivenByMoss4Reaper" option. I am attempting to use "DrivenByMoss4Reaper-8.40-Windows". I am trying to use it with 64 bit Reaper version v5.985 (released on November 13, 2019). My PC runs Windows 10 Professional. I also tried running older versions of Reaper (which I found here: https://www.reaper.fm/download-old.php?ver=5x), just in case some newer update in Reaper was breaking Moss's plugin.
I tried:
REAPER v5.984 - October 12, 2019
REAPER v5.983 - August 29, 2019
and even REAPER v5.80 - April 25, 2018

In all cases, I was NOT able to get this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am really happy about the possibility of using my Push2 with Reaper.
Much thanks to Moss for developing this wonderful software!

Thanks,
Alex
Hi Alex,

if it is not showing up it means you put the files in the wrong directory. Common mistake is to put them in a sub-folder. Post a screenshot of your folder/file structure, then I can tell.

Cheers!
Old 11-17-2019, 08:33 AM   #709
flipotto

Default Don't see it either, any more

I deleted old version and folders, then extracted the 8.40 version to same location, it does not show up.

I switched back to 8.30 and it shows up.

Last edited by flipotto; 07-10-2023 at 04:33 AM.
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:23 AM   #710
coqauvin

Hi,

exactly the same problem here, 8.30 works, 8.40 doesn´t show up , and Linux version 8.40 is working, the new Launchpad is a pleasure to touch

Last edited by coqauvin; 11-17-2019 at 11:34 AM.
coqauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:53 AM   #711
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by coqauvin View Post
Hi,

exactly the same problem here, 8.30 works, 8.40 doesn´t show up , and Linux version 8.40 is working, the new Launchpad is a pleasure to touch
Sorry, no idea what is going on with the Windows version. I tried again and don't see a problem.
Could you try downloading again, just to be sure that the version was not somehow broken?
Old 11-18-2019, 09:47 AM   #712
coqauvin

That´s very strange. I don't know why, but it works now

I extracted and copied the files from version 8.40 over a fresh install of 8.30, restarted my PC, unplugged the Launchpad and it worked... Yay

Anyway, thanks for this great piece of software.
coqauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:05 PM   #713
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by coqauvin View Post
That´s very strange. I don't know why, but it works now

I extracted and copied the files from version 8.40 over a fresh install of 8.30, restarted my PC, unplugged the Launchpad and it worked... Yay

Anyway, thanks for this great piece of software.
Great!
Old 11-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #714
flipotto

Win 10 1809 - work machine.
Reaper 5.986

Reinstalled 8.40 from fresh download.

While reaper was opening I saw it loading the drivenbymoss dll.
However, it does not show up in control surface mode list.

8.30 does show up in list and works.
I will try it on another computer as well.
Have now tried it on 3 different pc's running variants of Windows 10
1809 and 1909.

Same result, 8.40 not showing up in control surface settings list.

I just tried copying 8.40 over 8.30 install - did not work.

As per previous advice I always delete previous install before copying new install.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:30 AM   #715
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipotto View Post
Win 10 1809 - work machine.
Reaper 5.986

Reinstalled 8.40 from fresh download.

While reaper was opening I saw it loading the drivenbymoss dll.
However, it does not show up in control surface mode list.

8.30 does show up in list and works.
I will try it on another computer as well.
Have now tried it on 3 different pc's running variants of Windows 10
1809 and 1909.

Same result, 8.40 not showing up in control surface settings list.

I just tried copying 8.40 over 8.30 install - did not work.

As per previous advice I always delete previous install before copying new install.
I am on 1903 on all of my systems. I used the latest VC++ for this build, so this could be an idea for an incompatibility with 1809 but it should work on 1909. What is your 3rd system?
Old 11-19-2019, 06:43 AM   #716
flipotto

3rd is enterprise 1809
Old 11-20-2019, 03:57 AM   #717
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipotto View Post
3rd is enterprise 1809
I updated one of my systems to 1909, which also works fine. So, I am a bit clueless why it does not work for you.

If you know a bit about computers you can try to check the Windows Event log for an error or use SysInternals Process Monitor to see if anything appears during Reaper startup.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:37 AM   #718
Danieljfern

Quote:
I updated one of my systems to 1909, which also works fine. So, I am a bit clueless why it does not work for you.

If you know a bit about computers you can try to check the Windows Event log for an error or use SysInternals Process Monitor to see if anything appears during Reaper startup.
I am also having issues with windows 1909. It's worth noting that I also have the latest 64bit version of reaper installed (v5.986) and am currently running the klinke mcu. Funnily enough, the klinke dll runs from the program files/reaper/plugins folder although I'm not using a portable install. I'm trying to use the driver for Qcon Pro X Interface

I'm not sure if the system is loading too quickly to see, but it shows no indication of loading the drivenbymoss.dll during reaper loading.

I did notice that my Komplete Kontrol midi controller DAW element has stopped loading after placing the extracted files and folders as instructed.

Other connected usb hardware is.
Komplete Kontrol A61
Maschine Mikro MK3
Motu Ultralite MK4

PC is Intel Hades Canyon i7
16gb DDR4 ram
M.2 500gb SSD running windows 10 1909

Last edited by Danieljfern; 11-20-2019 at 04:46 AM.
Danieljfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:56 AM   #719
flipotto

Quote:

Ok, I will just stick with 8.30 for now, it seems like it is just me with the issue.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2019, 07:20 AM   #720
djomardiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skijumptoes View Post
I've discovered another issue when i have the main.EEL running, is that certain plugins cause the entire DAW to become laggy. Timeline lags, Mixer Meters lag etc.

Slate drums SSD is the most obvious example, when loading a kit into memory on the plugin is when the lag in REAPER kicks in - so is it possible being a memory issue perhaps? REAPER returns to operating normal when i unload the .eel .
Same here whit vengeance plugins (avenger,phalanx) , every second gui freezes miliseconds, the more plugins i load into the project more stucks the gui , i tried in a portable new instalation of reaper and my instaled version , the same problem , greetings.
djomardiaz is offline   Reply With Quote