Old 10-20-2019, 02:57 AM   #241
akademie
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
yeah it also doesn`t handle fades, pan, adsr etc
Ahh,OK then. And thank you for clarifying it, mpl.
(fades, pan, adsr are not as much a problem I think as the start end point of sample to be played).
But now I understand that it is "by design", at least at this stage of development.
Again, thanks.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:42 AM   #242
Rangler

Just installed it but it won't load. macOS Sierra

Never-mind, I got it to work. Now I need to figure out building the multichannel outs.

Last edited by Rangler; 10-21-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Rangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:42 AM   #243
hits_of_sunshine

This thing is amazing.
Thank you MPL!
hits_of_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:55 AM   #244
themixtape

Quote:
Depending on your workflow, you can use control function (there are a lot of them, add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Re...ster/index.xml to ReaPack via "Import repository" action):
1) control focused FX
2) control last touched FX (unrelated to parameter)
3) control all FX on selected track
4) control all RS5k instances related to RS5k manager
5) control current note RS5k instances related to RS5k manager (this was just added, require click on pad before so control script know on which note you need to change parameters)
Typical usage is a custom action linked to MIDI controller:
  • mpl_RS5k manager control functions - RS5k manager current instance.lua
  • mpl_Increment 1ms release (RS5k manager).lua
No support for OSC/MIDI(knob&fader) yet since no one asked this. Probably this very specific and hard to follow/setup/understand, so not sure I should continue to support this feature further. Actually there only one user asked for that kind of workflow (mccrabney).
I'm sorry but I'm still somewhat of a n00b when it comes to Reapack... I see that I can change the loop start/end via mouse for whatever selected pad/slot I'm on... but I have no idea how to implement the midi control of the loop start/end of the selected sample. I installed the github link you provided but have no idea where to go from there. In the Actions list, I don't see the stuff you mentioned, above.

Thanks mpl!
Old 11-10-2019, 01:43 AM   #245
dalim.biswas

Default IT IS ONE OF THE BEST DRUM

It must have beat function like insert 4 beat fill up , 2beat fill up , 8 beat fill up etc something like that which enhance workflow easier (just like FL) .

Give us a slicing features in this drum manager.I know Mpl can do this onlyif he is given a time or donation for his genius work.
dalim.biswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:13 PM   #246
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalim.biswas View Post
It must have beat function like insert 4 beat fill up , 2beat fill up , 8 beat fill up etc something like that which enhance workflow easier (just like FL) .
Added for 2.125
Quote:
Give us a slicing features in this drum manager.I know Mpl can do this onlyif he is given a time or donation for his genius work.
It already can handle samples in RS5k instances made by Dynamic Split + mpl_Export selected items to RS5k instances on selected track (use original source).lua
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:04 AM   #247
todd_r

"It must have beat function like insert 4 beat fill up , 2beat fill up , 8 beat fill up etc something like that which enhance workflow easier (just like FL)"

Quote:
Added for 2.125
This doesn't seem to work for me, just appear to fill a single random cell.
todd_r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:29 AM   #248
mpl

Attach gif
Old 11-17-2019, 09:09 AM   #249
todd_r

Behaving a bit differently now, but still odd...

https://gifyu.com/image/vv0U
Old 11-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #250
mpl

EDIT: try 2.126, should be better now

Last edited by mpl; 11-17-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:22 PM   #251
todd_r

Fixed, thanks MPL
Old 01-07-2020, 12:05 AM   #252
themixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
I'm sorry but I'm still somewhat of a n00b when it comes to Reapack... I see that I can change the loop start/end via mouse for whatever selected pad/slot I'm on... but I have no idea how to implement the midi control of the loop start/end of the selected sample. I installed the github link you provided but have no idea where to go from there. In the Actions list, I don't see the stuff you mentioned, above.

Thanks mpl!
Hi MPL (or anyone else)... any chance you can walk me through this step? I really don't know how to midi-map an encoder for sample-start / sample-end... of whatever cell/pad I hit last.

Also is there any way to have the script show the active (last-hit) pad/key? Instead of having to click with the mouse?

Thanks guys!
Old 01-09-2020, 05:18 PM   #253
themixtape

bump!
Old 01-12-2020, 07:41 AM   #254
f0rren

Hi, MPL. I prefer to work with RS5k Manager in Dock. But undocked it accidentally, and now can`t get it back - "Dock" action from Manager menu does nothing, it just moves its window a little bit. "Dock/undock currently focused window" action didn`t help either.

REAPER 5.99 on Mac, RS5k Manager v2.126, latest SWS and ReaPack
f0rren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:19 AM   #255
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rren View Post
Hi, MPL. I prefer to work with RS5k Manager in Dock. But undocked it accidentally, and now can`t get it back - "Dock" action from Manager menu does nothing, it just moves its window a little bit. "Dock/undock currently focused window" action didn`t help either.

REAPER 5.99 on Mac, RS5k Manager v2.126, latest SWS and ReaPack
Sorry, can`t reproduce, docking/indocking works here. Try other dock maybe.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:45 AM   #256
Sweetfoot

Quote:
Sorry, can`t reproduce, docking/indocking works here. Try other dock maybe.
I'm having the same issue, RS5K manager won't dock. When I check "dock rs5k manager" nothing changes. What do you mean by "other dock"?
Sweetfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #257
f0rren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfoot View Post
What do you mean by "other dock"?
I don't get it too. You can't drag'n'drop its window to other docker, it has only one option to dock - from menu.

But,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl
Try other dock maybe.
you are right. RS5k Manager was thinking it is docked and actually referred to nonexistent docker ID somehow. Manual fixing "dock" and "lastdockID" variables to one of existent docker ID in RS5k Manager section of reaper-extstate.ini solved this issue for me. Maybe something is not right with RS5k Manager only because your other dockable scripts are working fine. Thanks anyway for giving direction
f0rren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:55 PM   #258
nocturn

hello, great script, scripts actually. thanks a lot, ive been a fan, use your stuff everyday.

so i hurt my reapack installation and i cant get reapack's "browse packages" menu to open.
since its an offline setup, already pretty quirky, and ive all these active projects im working on and super nervous about, im hesitant/terrified of doing a completely safe thing like making a fresh reaper install, and will wait until i have a new disk.
so for the time being, is there any way for me to update rs5k manager behind reapacks back?
im on reaper 5.93, reapack 1.2.1, current rs5k manager v1.74
nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:37 AM   #259
dalim.biswas

Default split function and Randomise

Mpl scripts makes Reaper lots easier indeed.This is one of the best .This script should split drum loops in 4 parts or 8 parts will make it more superb .Also introduce some randomise function for step sequencer in this script.Rest
Commendable job !
dalim.biswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:31 PM   #260
winbe

Default Can we copy/paste pads?

Hello,
I am using R5K manager everyday, for all my hiphop drums.
Now there is something that would be really nice... be able to copy a pad to another one... For now I do it by copy/pasting a R5K instance, and I manually modify the note...
But it would be so cool to have this.
To be honest, I don't know what all the features are on R5K manager, on the different tabs, because what I really need is in fact a "poise" like thing... so my needs are very basic, and are now nearly all fullfilled, except for this copy/paste thing
Old 02-12-2020, 11:38 AM   #261
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbe View Post
able to copy a pad to another one
Menu > Mouse modifiers > Allow pads drag to copy/move
Ctrl+drag is for coping pads.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:13 AM   #262
winbe

Quote:
Menu > Mouse modifiers > Allow pads drag to copy/move
Ctrl+drag is for coping pads.
Thanks!
This is too cool, I'll have to try it tonight...
So now, even if I only use the basic features of R5K manager, it really fits the bill for me, it totally replaced Poise or any other sampler.

The beauty of this is that it is a "manager", and even if it looks like a dedicated vst, it "only" uses native R5K, meaning that you won't have any issues like I slowly did have with Poise which was not maintained any more and started being unstable with latest Reaper versions for some reason....
Old 02-20-2020, 10:09 AM   #263
Ozman

Hi, MPL.
Is there currently a way to explode all the RS5K instances on a track to other tracks (instead of clicking "FX" on each pad)?

If not, could that be a command that is added to the menu?
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #264
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
Hi, MPL.
Is there currently a way to explode all the RS5K instances on a track to other tracks (instead of clicking "FX" on each pad)?

If not, could that be a command that is added to the menu?
mpl_Explode selected track RS5k instances to new tracks.lua probably will help you (really not sure, too much work to check, sorry)
Old 02-26-2020, 07:17 AM   #265
Ozman

Quote:
mpl_Explode selected track RS5k instances to new tracks.lua probably will help you (really not sure, too much work to check, sorry)
Thanks, man...
That did it.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:37 PM   #266
DjLaurenz

One of the best script for Reaper! Very nice job, man!
I guess I found two bugs:
1) in step sequencer view, I select a midi item, write some notes on step sequencer, I click on "duplicate pattern" then it appears a ReaScript Error window with this string: "...ific\mpl_RS5k_manager_functions/mpl_RS5k_manager_pat.lua:39: bad argument #1 to 'GetActiveTake' (MediaItem expected)" then RS5k manager closes. Am i doing something wrong?
2) When I run the action "Script: mpl_Collect and replace selected tracks RS5k instances samples into project folder.lua", it creates a subfolder "RS5k samples", it copies media item inside but... they're all chopped!
I tried with different formats, different projects, different sample rates and in a Reaper portable setup, too. Media items are copied but chopped.

Ah, just a question: can step sequencer in RS5k manager adapts his lenght in a different 4/4 time signature Reaper project (like 7/8, for example)? And can handle midi item longer than 1 bar?

I run Reaper 6.04 on windows 10 64-bit and i updated all your scripts from your reapack repository.

Last edited by DjLaurenz; 03-04-2020 at 08:44 PM.
DjLaurenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:26 PM   #267
DjLaurenz

Very last thing, i promise

today when i wrote a pattern in step sequencer (and i saw the notes appeared in selected midi item too, obviously) i accidentaly glued it and Reaper created a new midi item replacing it; the notes were still there in the midi item but in step sequencer it didn't appearing anything (midi item was still selected and i changed selection too to be sure) and when i wrote only a single note in step sequencer the notes in midi item DISAPPEAR leaving the only note that i wrote in step sequencer... like if step sequencer wasn't capable to "read" the glued midi item and treating it like if it was empty
Crazy, eh?
Old 03-04-2020, 11:57 PM   #268
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjLaurenz View Post
Very last thing, i promise

today when i wrote a pattern in step sequencer (and i saw the notes appeared in selected midi item too, obviously) i accidentaly glued it and Reaper created a new midi item replacing it; the notes were still there in the midi item but in step sequencer it didn't appearing anything (midi item was still selected and i changed selection too to be sure) and when i wrote only a single note in step sequencer the notes in midi item DISAPPEAR leaving the only note that i wrote in step sequencer... like if step sequencer wasn't capable to "read" the glued midi item and treating it like if it was empty
Crazy, eh?
No. When RS5k manager handle patterns, it based on pooled GUID (it should read pooled copy of your take anywhere in the project). So when you glue MIDI take, REAPER changed it pool GUID to new one (ake it is new pool parent).
Old 03-05-2020, 02:57 AM   #269
todd_r

Hi MPL, I might be wrong, but I think at one point you were able to control the settings for more than one pad at a time? Is this possible to bring back, or introduce? it would be handy to be able to adjust say delay or pitch for all the pads, or some of them at once. Thanks
Old 03-05-2020, 05:45 AM   #270
DjLaurenz

Quote:
One of the best script for Reaper! Very nice job, man!
I guess I found two bugs:
1) in step sequencer view, I select a midi item, write some notes on step sequencer, I click on "duplicate pattern" then it appears a ReaScript Error window with this string: "...ific\mpl_RS5k_manager_functions/mpl_RS5k_manager_pat.lua:39: bad argument #1 to 'GetActiveTake' (MediaItem expected)" then RS5k manager closes. Am i doing something wrong?
2) When I run the action "Script: mpl_Collect and replace selected tracks RS5k instances samples into project folder.lua", it creates a subfolder "RS5k samples", it copies media item inside but... they're all chopped!
I tried with different formats, different projects, different sample rates and in a Reaper portable setup, too. Media items are copied but chopped.

Ah, just a question: can step sequencer in RS5k manager adapts his lenght in a different 4/4 time signature Reaper project (like 7/8, for example)? And can handle midi item longer than 1 bar?

I run Reaper 6.04 on windows 10 64-bit and i updated all your scripts from your reapack repository.
i'm loving this script more and more and more!!! "Export selected items to RS5k instances" is a game changer!!!

Today i was still "having fun" with this script and i tried to edit keyname hashtag (very very useful, IMHO) and i noticed that editing keyname hashtag (mixer) doesn't modify anything: in mixer view only appear #midipitch with volume, pan and pitch knobs but the columns ignore other hashtags (i write in hashtag field "#midipitch #keycsharp |#notename").

I read from first porst this feature: "action for importing loop cropped by Dynamic split (obey source start/end)"
I looked for this in action list but i haven't found anything related. Is there a function in the script that i'm missing? How does exactly it work?
Old 03-05-2020, 12:10 PM   #271
mpl

Quote:
i noticed that editing keyname hashtag (mixer) doesn't modify anything
Quote:
fixed for 1.128
"duplicate" action renamed

Quote:
I read from first porst this feature: "action for importing loop cropped by Dynamic split (obey source start/end)"
Script: mpl_Export selected items to RS5k instances on selected track (use original source).lua

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Hi MPL, I might be wrong, but I think at one point you were able to control the settings for more than one pad at a time? Is this possible to bring back, or introduce? it would be handy to be able to adjust say delay or pitch for all the pads, or some of them at once. Thanks
Both is too much time to implement. Live with it.

Quote:
I changed copy function a bit, update RS5k Tools package.

Last edited by mpl; 03-05-2020 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:54 PM   #272
DjLaurenz

Quote:
fixed for 1.128
"duplicate" action renamed
Yeah, I noticed it but it still appears ReaScript Error window with this string: "...ific\mpl_RS5k_manager_functions/mpl_RS5k_manager_pat.lua:40: bad argument #1 to 'GetActiveTake' (MediaItem expected)". I don't know if it's only my problem but I tried with various midi item and the result is always the same. If it's a hard work to implement this function i don't think is a big problem: we can manually duplicate pattern with an action or something else
EDIT: I already updated your script

Quote:
Script: mpl_Export selected items to RS5k instances on selected track (use original source).lua
Oh, nice! very very simple!

Quote:
Absolutely no problem, you are great

Quote:
I changed copy function a bit, update RS5k Tools package.
This now works PERFECTLY!!! I'm having so much fun with this manager!!!
Old 03-05-2020, 07:37 PM   #273
mpl

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed it but it still appears ReaScript Error window with this string: "...ific\mpl_RS5k_manager_functions/mpl_RS5k_manager_pat.lua:40: bad argument #1 to 'GetActiveTake' (MediaItem expected)". I don't know if it's only my problem but I tried with various midi item and the result is always the same. If it's a hard work to implement this function i don't think is a big problem: we can manually duplicate pattern with an action or something else
EDIT: I already updated your script
Attach project and exact steps to reproduce.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:29 PM   #274
DjLaurenz

Quote:
Attach project and exact steps to reproduce.
Open project
Open RS5k manager, pattern view
Create new midi item (Ctrl+drag left on arrange)
Select it and ensure to visualize it in pattern view
Write some notes in pattern view
Click on "Separate pooled pattern..."
Appearing Reascript Error window "...ific\mpl_RS5k_manager_functions/mpl_RS5k_manager_pat.lua:40: bad argument #1 to 'GetActiveTake' (MediaItem expected)"
When closing Reascript error window, RS5k closes automatically (Does it maybe close window only but still active in background?)

Same thing happens with a pooled midi item

More than this i can't help you
Attached Files
File Type: rpp pop_moderno.rpp (11.7 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by DjLaurenz; 03-05-2020 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:07 AM   #275
todd_r

Quote:

Lol, ok
Old 04-08-2020, 09:26 AM   #276
whompyjaw

When I try to turn on "Show Input Notes" (https://imgur.com/oTF5Q2R),
I get this error/notification: https://imgur.com/a/fPULXre

Is this: https://imgur.com/AmAqQXR what the instruction is telling me? I am not really sure what the tracker does or what the instruction means by "first slot of parent RS5k manager track"

Also, to clarify my understanding of that feature, it means it shows which note I am playing right? When I hit my midi keyboard? The It will highlight it or something? If not, what does it do.
whompyjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:38 PM   #277
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by whompyjaw View Post
first slot of parent RS5k manager track
First FX in the FX chain. It reads incoming MIDI notes and pass them into script, so the script know which notes to show.
You have it in the second slot insead.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:18 PM   #278
whompyjaw

Quote:
First FX in the FX chain. It reads incoming MIDI notes and pass them into script, so the script know which notes to show.
You have it in the second slot insead.
Okay, I moved it to the top, and I see it lighting up when I click the pad with the mouse. Any chance this can work for Midi keyboard? Do I need to change the choke settings?
Old 04-09-2020, 06:47 AM   #279
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by whompyjaw View Post
Okay, I moved it to the top, and I see it lighting up when I click the pad with the mouse. Any chance this can work for Midi keyboard? Do I need to change the choke settings?
arm track, set MIDI input and turn monitoring on
Old 04-09-2020, 08:13 AM   #280
whompyjaw

When I press my MIDI keys, nothing lights up.
track is armed and midi set:https://imgur.com/a/vxEgsAt

Video showing what I mean: https://imgur.com/a/ZKaCr5A

Edit: You can see that when I click with the mouse, it lights up, but when I press MIDI key, nothing happens. Track is armed, monitoring is on, and MIDI input is set.

These are my choke settings: https://imgur.com/a/yUsKGH3
Do I need to edit those?

Last edited by whompyjaw; 04-09-2020 at 08:19 AM.