Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2019, 04:35 AM   #2961
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I don't see this as a problem or even much of a limitation. You tend to fall into one camp or the other depending on what hardware you are using.

You can't really use both simultaneously anyway because they require completely different .fxt files.

SelectedTrack, as it maps all the FX on the track to the surface at once, requires much care to avoid collisions between the parameters of different FX.

Because FocussedFX maps a single FX slot to the surface, you don't have to worry about mapping collisions between FX.
Thanks for the input, I agree it's probably OK to go with this, at least for now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I wanted to ask if it would be possible to have one more Navigator for FX mapping. That is SelectedFX.

On the surface this would seem to be the same as FocussedFX, and indeed, when you focus an FX by clicking on its open window, you do select it. The advantage of SelectedFX is that it would not require the FX window to open in order for the parameters to appear on the surface, as FocussedFX does.

It requires a track to be selected and then:

Code:
SWS/S&M: Select next FX (cycling) for selected tracks
and

Code:
SWS/S&M: Select previous FX (cycling) for selected tracks
select the slot.

and

Code:
SWS/S&M: Toggle float selected FX for selected tracks
shows the selected FX window if needed.

Most of the time I find the opening and closing of FX windows more of a distraction than a help. I much prefer to listen than look at graphics and on my C4, A1 always shows the FX name (and is Dry/Wet control)

The ideal scenario (for me) would be to select a track on the surface and be able to step through the FX with no windows opening and have the currently selected FX parameters map to the surface.
Just had a quick look at the Reaper API, didn't see any obvious way to check for selected FX, will dig deeper into the SWS code.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:38 AM   #2962
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Just had a quick look at the Reaper API, didn't see any obvious way to check for selected FX, will dig deeper into the SWS code.
Thanks Geoff, I'm pretty sure it's in there somewhere

Last edited by MixMonkey; 05-27-2019 at 05:40 AM. Reason: repeating myself
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:53 AM   #2963
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 10,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Thanks for the suggestion

Unfortunately, in an FX chain window, the parameters only load to the surface when the FX name is clicked on and the FX GUI appears.

It doesn't work when you step through the entries/slots using the SWS commands, hence the request for a slightly different Navigator, if it's possible.

At the moment, I use:

Code:
SWS/S&M: Float next FX (and close others) for selected tracks
and
Code:
SWS/S&M: Float previous FX (and close others) for selected tracks
This moves up and down the FX slots, opening an FX GUI and closing the previous one. When the GUI opens, the parameters load to the surface.

It works fine but the only reason I'm opening the FX GUI is to force the parameters to load. As GUIs take time to draw, it might be quicker without them.

Ah, I see. I use the actions Track: Open/close UI for FX #1 on last touched track for the first six slots.


Of course all my midi stuff works on selected tracks, not an open GUI :\ .
__________________
Dialogue/FX Editor & Re-Recording Mixer
(Video)Using Latch Preview
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:59 AM   #2964
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Thinking about drill-down functionality.

The Active Zones metaphor in CSI is implemented as a stack.

This is convenient, a Zone gets pushed on the Stack (e.g PanWidth) when you Activate it.

Then, when you Deactivate it, it gets popped off the Stack.

However Zones used in a drill-down role have a slightly different set of rules.

They can Activate and Deactivate just like any other Zone.

However in addition, they should also Deactivate if the parent Zone gets Deactivated.

How about this simple syntax:

Code:
Zone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)"
    SelectedTrackNavigator
    Threshold FXParam Thresh
    Character FXParam Gain
    Attack FXParam Attack
    Release FXParam Release
    Ratio FXParam Ratio
    Compressor FXParam Bypass
    Parallel FXParam Wet
    CompressorMeter FXParam GainReductionDB
    DrillDownButton GoSubZone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" ReaCompSubZone
ZoneEnd

Zone ReaCompSubZone
    SelectedTrackNavigator
    Threshold FXParam Thresh
    Character FXParam Gain
    Attack FXParam Attack
    Release FXParam Release
    Ratio FXParam Ratio
    Compressor FXParam Bypass
    Parallel FXParam Wet
    CompressorMeter FXParam GainReductionDB
    DrillDownButton GoSubZone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" ReaCompSubSubZone
ZoneEnd

Zone ReaCompSubSubZone
    SelectedTrackNavigator
    Threshold FXParam Thresh
    Character FXParam Gain
    Attack FXParam Attack
    Release FXParam Release
    Ratio FXParam Ratio
    Compressor FXParam Bypass
    Parallel FXParam Wet
    CompressorMeter FXParam GainReductionDB
ZoneEnd
This states that when "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" get Deactivated, ReaCompSubZone and ReaCompSubSubZone also get Deactivated.

What do you think ?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:02 AM   #2965
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
This states that when "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" get Deactivated, ReaCompSubZone and ReaCompSubSubZone also get Deactivated.

What do you think ?
Happy with the idea, not quite seeing how
Code:
DrillDownButton GoSubZone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" ReaCompSubZone
means that the SubZone gets deactivated when its parent is deactivated or is this in some way implicit?

Are you sure about "SubSubZone"? Perhaps "SubZone1" "SubZone2" etc

It would be nice to be able to jump directly to SubZone2 without having to DrillDown through SubZone1. I guess i'm asking for direct SubZone access in the same manner as direct Zone or Page access.

What do you think?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:02 AM   #2966
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Happy with the idea, not quite seeing how
Code:
DrillDownButton GoSubZone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" ReaCompSubZone
means that the SubZone gets deactivated when its parent is deactivated or is this in some way implicit?

Are you sure about "SubSubZone"? Perhaps "SubZone1" "SubZone2" etc

It would be nice to be able to jump directly to SubZone2 without having to DrillDown through SubZone1. I guess i'm asking for direct SubZone access in the same manner as direct Zone or Page access.

What do you think?
Yeah, I clearly did a terrible job of explaining this, you do have direct access, SubZone and SubSubZone are just arbitrary names I used (obviously to no good effect)

It's extremely simple:

Code:
   DrillDownButton GoSubZone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" ReaCompSubZone
Just means Activate the Zone named ReaCompSubZone.

There is nothing special in the Zone names, hell, you could even say this although it's probably not the wisest move:

Code:
   DrillDownButton GoSubZone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" Home
The parameter "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" is the simply name of the parent Zone that you are registering this Zone with.

So the line above says Activate Home, just like usual.

The addition is the fact that when "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" is Deactivated, Home also gets Deactivated

It's really just a tag that says "I belong to this group, so when my parent Deactivates, so should I".
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:15 AM   #2967
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
There is nothing special in the Zone names, hell, you could even say this although it's probably not the wisest move:

Code:
   DrillDownButton GoSubZone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" Home
The parameter "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" is the simply name of the parent Zone that you are registering this Zone with.

So the line above says Activate Home, just like usual.

The addition is the fact that when "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" is Deactivated, Home also gets Deactivated

It's really just a tag that says "I belong to this group, so when my parent Deactivates, so should I".
Ah, ok I see this now Just my usual confusion separating commands: "GoSubZone" from names: "ReaCompSubZone, DrillDownButton"
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:19 AM   #2968
CraigGE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Default X-Touch Mini

Hi All,

Just picked up an X-Touch Mini, and am having issues using it with Reaper directly (in MCU mode or normal mode), and I've tried the other controller methods (klinke etc.) without enough success - so have landed here in CSI land - thanks for your efforts in making this a very useful tool :-)

I finally managed to finish reading the thread late last night and have put together an .mst and .zon for the mini - it's a very basic workflow at the moment, but sufficient for what I'm looking for currently. I think the thing that stands out so far about CSI is the feedback from Reaper to the device - this is mainly where the others appeared to be lacking.

Anyway, I do have an issue I just cannot seem to get past at the moment - using the layers, I want to use the encoders for volume in layer A and as pan in layer B - I've configured it as such but the pan just isn't working... I've tried with both Fader7Bit and Encoder but neither appear to receive the current state from Reaper, and then don't act like pan at all (flips back to 0 or right to the other end).

When trying Encoder/FB_Encoder the output for LayerB_Rotary1 from Reaper/CSI is ba 2b 7f which doesn't correspond to the encoder ??

The X-Touch Mini is in Standard mode, with the default settings enabled (except layer B configures the encoders as Pan) - this was configured in the X-Touch Editor.

I've included my .mst and .zon for reference - it's configured for Layer B - encoder 1 is set as Encoder, the others are Fader7Bit whilst I'm trying to troubleshoot it)

Any suggestions? Any help is much appreciated.

Thx.

XTouchMini.mst
Code:
Widget LayerA_Fader
	Fader7Bit ba 09 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Fader
	Fader7Bit ba 0a 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_RotaryPush1
	Press 9A 00 7F
WidgetEnd
	
Widget LayerA_RotaryPush2
	Press 9A 01 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_RotaryPush3
	Press 9A 02 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_RotaryPush4
	Press 9A 03 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_RotaryPush5
	Press 9A 04 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_RotaryPush6
	Press 9A 05 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_RotaryPush7
	Press 9A 06 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_RotaryPush8
	Press 9A 07 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary1
	Fader7Bit ba 01 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 01 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary2
	Fader7Bit ba 02 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 02 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary3
	Fader7Bit ba 03 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 03 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary4
	Fader7Bit ba 04 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 04 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary5
	Fader7Bit ba 05 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 05 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary6
	Fader7Bit ba 06 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 06 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary7
	Fader7Bit ba 07 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 07 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary8
	Fader7Bit ba 08 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 08 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary1
	Encoder ba 0b 7f
	FB_Encoder ba 0b 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary2
	Fader7Bit ba 0c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0c 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary3
	Fader7Bit ba 0d 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0d 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary4
	Fader7Bit ba 0e 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0e 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary5
	Fader7Bit ba 0f 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0f 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary6
	Fader7Bit ba 10 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 10 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary7
	Fader7Bit ba 11 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 11 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary8
	Fader7Bit ba 12 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 12 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton1
	Press 9a 08 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 08 7f 8a 08 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton2
	Press 9a 09 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 09 7f 8a 09 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton3
	Press 9a 0a 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0a 7f 8a 0a 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton4
	Press 9a 0b 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0b 7f 8a 0b 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton5
	Press 9a 0c 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0c 7f 8a 0c 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton6
	Press 9a 0d 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0d 7f 8a 0d 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton7
	Press 9a 0e 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0e 7f 8a 0e 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton8
	Press 9a 0f 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0f 7f 8a 0f 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton1
	Press 9a 10 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0f 7f 8a 0f 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton2
	Press 9a 11 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0f 7f 8a 0f 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton3
	Press 9a 12 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 12 7f 8a 12 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton4
	Press 9a 13 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 13 7f 8a 13 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton5
	Press 9a 14 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 14 7f 8a 14 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton6
	Press 9a 15 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 15 7f 8a 15 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton7
	Press 9a 16 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 16 7f 8a 16 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton8
	Press 9a 17 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 17 7f 8a 17 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton1
	Press 9a 20 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 20 7f 8a 20 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton2
	Press 9a 21 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 21 7f 8a 21 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton3
	Press 9a 22 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 22 7f 8a 22 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton4
	Press 9a 23 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 23 7f 8a 23 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton5
	Press 9a 24 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 24 7f 8a 24 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton6
	Press 9a 25 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 25 7f 8a 25 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton7
	Press 9a 26 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 26 7f 8a 26 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton8
	Press 9a 27 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 27 7f 8a 27 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton1
	Press 9a 28 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 28 7f 8a 28 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton2
	Press 9a 29 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 29 7f 8a 29 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton3
	Press 9a 2a 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 2a 7f 8a 2a 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton4
	Press 9a 2b 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 2b 7f 8a 2b 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton5
	Press 9a 2c 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 2c 7f 8a 2c 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton6
	Press 9a 2d 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 2d 7f 8a 2d 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton7
	Press 9a 2e 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 2e 7f 8a 2e 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton8
	Press 9a 2f 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 2f 7f 8a 2f 00 0.5
WidgetEnd
XTouchMini.zon
Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		LayerA_Buttons
		LayerB_Buttons
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone LayerA_Buttons
	LayerA_LowerButton1 TrackBank -8
	LayerA_LowerButton2 TrackBank 8
	LayerA_LowerButton3 Rewind
	LayerA_LowerButton4 FastForward
	LayerA_LowerButton5 CycleTimeline
	LayerA_LowerButton6 Stop
	LayerA_LowerButton7 Play
	LayerA_LowerButton8 Record
ZoneEnd

Zone LayerB_Buttons
	LayerB_LowerButton1 TrackBank -8
	LayerB_LowerButton2 TrackBank 8
	LayerB_LowerButton3 Rewind
	LayerB_LowerButton4 FastForward
	LayerB_LowerButton5 CycleTimeline
	LayerB_LowerButton6 Stop
	LayerB_LowerButton7 Play
	LayerB_LowerButton8 Record
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|1-8
	TrackNavigator
	LayerA_UpperButton| TrackMute
	LayerA_Rotary| TrackVolume
	LayerA_Fader MasterTrackVolume
	LayerB_UpperButton| TrackSolo
	LayerB_Rotary| TrackPan 0
	LayerB_Fader MasterTrackVolume
ZoneEnd
CraigGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #2969
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Ah, ok I see this now Just my usual confusion separating commands: "GoSubZone" from names: "ReaCompSubZone, DrillDownButton"
Just bad naming choices on my part

I think we should swap the 2 Zones like this:

Code:
    DrillDownButton GoSubZone ReaCompSubZone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)"
so that the parent Zone is last,

so it's Button->Action->Parameters(subZone, parentZone)

Seems more intuitive somehow, at least to me...
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:51 AM   #2970
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigGE View Post
Hi All,

Just picked up an X-Touch Mini, and am having issues using it with Reaper directly (in MCU mode or normal mode), and I've tried the other controller methods (klinke etc.) without enough success - so have landed here in CSI land - thanks for your efforts in making this a very useful tool :-)

I finally managed to finish reading the thread late last night and have put together an .mst and .zon for the mini - it's a very basic workflow at the moment, but sufficient for what I'm looking for currently. I think the thing that stands out so far about CSI is the feedback from Reaper to the device - this is mainly where the others appeared to be lacking.

Anyway, I do have an issue I just cannot seem to get past at the moment - using the layers, I want to use the encoders for volume in layer A and as pan in layer B - I've configured it as such but the pan just isn't working... I've tried with both Fader7Bit and Encoder but neither appear to receive the current state from Reaper, and then don't act like pan at all (flips back to 0 or right to the other end).

When trying Encoder/FB_Encoder the output for LayerB_Rotary1 from Reaper/CSI is ba 2b 7f which doesn't correspond to the encoder ??

The X-Touch Mini is in Standard mode, with the default settings enabled (except layer B configures the encoders as Pan) - this was configured in the X-Touch Editor.

I've included my .mst and .zon for reference - it's configured for Layer B - encoder 1 is set as Encoder, the others are Fader7Bit whilst I'm trying to troubleshoot it)

Any suggestions? Any help is much appreciated.

Thx.

Cool !!

You've already made great progress.

Have you used Midi In Mon and Midi Out Mon (turn on in the CSI config panel in preferences -- impacts performance -- for troubleshooting only) to verify the mappings ?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:45 PM   #2971
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
so it's Button->Action->Parameters(subZone, parentZone)

Seems more intuitive somehow, at least to me...
Yep, me too
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:54 PM   #2972
CraigGE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Have you used Midi In Mon and Midi Out Mon (turn on in the CSI config panel in preferences -- impacts performance -- for troubleshooting only) to verify the mappings ?
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the quick response - yes, I have indeed used the in-built midi monitoring..

For simplicity, I'll compare knob 1 (set as encoder) and knob 2 (set as Fader7Bit).

Knob 1 config:

Code:
Widget LayerB_Rotary1
	Encoder ba 0b 7f
	FB_Encoder ba 0b 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd
Midi console.
IN -> XTouchMini ba 0b 1c
OUT -> XTouchMini ba 2b 0b

This is the oddity I mentioned that it's sending back differently. If I change FB_Encoder to ba 2b 7f 0.5 the response in the console is then ba 4b xx.


Knob 2 confg:

Code:
Widget LayerB_Rotary2
	Fader7Bit ba 0c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0c 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd
Midi console
IN -> XTouchMini ba 0c 03


No output!



Yet - Knob 2 in the upper layer (configured at Fader7Bit too, but mapped to volume, not pan)

Code:
Widget LayerA_Rotary2
	Fader7Bit ba 02 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 02 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Midi console:
IN -> XTouchMini ba 02 78
OUT -> XTouchMini ba 02 78

And it works fine!

I don't think this unit likes "encoder", seems to prefer "Fader7Bit" because if I switch one of the volume knobs over to encoder, it works in a very strangely and not at all as expected. So perhaps the problem is less about encoder vs Fader7Bit, but rather something else.

Very odd.

I'm going to create a simplified config with only the Layer B rotary's in and see how that responds.
CraigGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 02:21 PM   #2973
CraigGE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigGE View Post
I'm going to create a simplified config with only the Layer B rotary's in and see how that responds.
OK, so ignoring the encoder thing, and just going with Fader7Bit...

Ripping out everything from the .mst and .zon except the essentials and one of the rotary's - still have the same problem... Midi is received IN, but nothing comes back out.

However, If I map the rotary to TrackVolume, or MasterTrackVolume instead of TrackPan, it works properly - Midi IN and Midi OUT.
CraigGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:06 AM   #2974
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Yep, me too
Aha, I think I see why:

Code:
	RotaryPush| TrackCycle PanWidthCycle 2
	PanWidthCycle+Rotary| TrackPan 0
	PanWidthCycle+Rotary| TrackPanWidth 1
In this case the membership is tied to PanWidthCycle -- RotaryPush cycles 2 members -- TrackPan and TrackPanWidth.

We can say PanWidthCycle defines a group.

With SubZones there is also a group notion, the SubZones are members of a group that will get Deactivted together:

Code:
Zone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)"
    SelectedTrackNavigator
    Threshold FXParam Thresh
    Character FXParam Gain
    Attack FXParam Attack
    Release FXParam Release
    Ratio FXParam Ratio
    Compressor FXParam Bypass
    Parallel FXParam Wet
    CompressorMeter FXParam GainReductionDB
    DrillDownButton GoSubZone ReaCompSubZone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)"
ZoneEnd

Zone ReaCompSubZone
    SelectedTrackNavigator
    Threshold FXParam Thresh
    Character FXParam Gain
    Attack FXParam Attack
    Release FXParam Release
    Ratio FXParam Ratio
    Compressor FXParam Bypass
    Parallel FXParam Wet
    CompressorMeter FXParam GainReductionDB
    DrillDownButton GoSubZone ReaCompSubSubZone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)"
ZoneEnd

Zone ReaCompSubSubZone
    SelectedTrackNavigator
    Threshold FXParam Thresh
    Character FXParam Gain
    Attack FXParam Attack
    Release FXParam Release
    Ratio FXParam Ratio
    Compressor FXParam Bypass
    Parallel FXParam Wet
    CompressorMeter FXParam GainReductionDB
ZoneEnd
In this case we can say "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" defines a group.

In one case the Group membership definitions precede (PanWidthCycle) and in the other case the Group membership definitions follow ("VST: ReaComp (Cockos)").
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:08 AM   #2975
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigGE View Post
OK, so ignoring the encoder thing, and just going with Fader7Bit...

Ripping out everything from the .mst and .zon except the essentials and one of the rotary's - still have the same problem... Midi is received IN, but nothing comes back out.

However, If I map the rotary to TrackVolume, or MasterTrackVolume instead of TrackPan, it works properly - Midi IN and Midi OUT.
Sounds like your definition is being overridden, do you have some sub folders in your .mst or .zon folders, they will get picked up too.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 05-28-2019 at 04:13 AM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:22 PM   #2976
CraigGE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Sounds like your definition is being overridden, do you have some sub folders in your .mst or .zon folders, they will get picked up too.
I did have the original copies of my .zon and .mst in there (the full versions), but I'd renamed the extension so they shouldn't be used....

However, to be safe, I've now installed a clean/new portable edition of Reaper, installed CSI only, copied in the single .mst and .zon and tried my tests again - no difference.

There is an interesting situation whereby if you don't have any tracks, the midi out messages come through, but as you add tracks, the midi out message for that specific track ceases to be sent.... I'm trying to create a little video to demonstrate... watch this space... (probably tomorrow now actually)
CraigGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:14 PM   #2977
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigGE View Post
I did have the original copies of my .zon and .mst in there (the full versions), but I'd renamed the extension so they shouldn't be used....

However, to be safe, I've now installed a clean/new portable edition of Reaper, installed CSI only, copied in the single .mst and .zon and tried my tests again - no difference.

There is an interesting situation whereby if you don't have any tracks, the midi out messages come through, but as you add tracks, the midi out message for that specific track ceases to be sent.... I'm trying to create a little video to demonstrate... watch this space... (probably tomorrow now actually)
That sounds like messed up definitions, can you post your .mst and .zon files, I know you did before, but please post again in case there have been changes.

Thanks.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:33 PM   #2978
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigGE View Post
I did have the original copies of my .zon and .mst in there (the full versions), but I'd renamed the extension so they shouldn't be used....

However, to be safe, I've now installed a clean/new portable edition of Reaper, installed CSI only, copied in the single .mst and .zon and tried my tests again - no difference.

There is an interesting situation whereby if you don't have any tracks, the midi out messages come through, but as you add tracks, the midi out message for that specific track ceases to be sent.... I'm trying to create a little video to demonstrate... watch this space... (probably tomorrow now actually)
Ahh, I see a problem:
Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		LayerA_Buttons
		LayerB_Buttons
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone LayerA_Buttons
	LayerA_LowerButton1 TrackBank -8
	LayerA_LowerButton2 TrackBank 8
	LayerA_LowerButton3 Rewind
	LayerA_LowerButton4 FastForward
	LayerA_LowerButton5 CycleTimeline
	LayerA_LowerButton6 Stop
	LayerA_LowerButton7 Play
	LayerA_LowerButton8 Record
ZoneEnd

Zone LayerB_Buttons
	LayerB_LowerButton1 TrackBank -8
	LayerB_LowerButton2 TrackBank 8
	LayerB_LowerButton3 Rewind
	LayerB_LowerButton4 FastForward
	LayerB_LowerButton5 CycleTimeline
	LayerB_LowerButton6 Stop
	LayerB_LowerButton7 Play
	LayerB_LowerButton8 Record
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|1-8
	TrackNavigator
	LayerA_UpperButton| TrackMute
	LayerA_Rotary| TrackVolume
	LayerA_Fader MasterTrackVolume
	LayerB_UpperButton| TrackSolo
	LayerB_Rotary| TrackPan 0
	LayerB_Fader MasterTrackVolume
ZoneEnd
You'll end up with 8 Widgets named LayerA_Fader, and 8 widgets named LayerB_Fader, that will clearly cause havoc.

The Channel|1-8 notation is a shorthand way to create a bunch of repetitive things.

Let's take LevelA_Rotary|, it expands to the following:
LevelA_Rotary1
LevelA_Rotary2
LevelA_Rotary3
LevelA_Rotary4
LevelA_Rotary5
LevelA_Rotary6
LevelA_Rotary7
LevelA_Rotary8

The vertical bar gets replaced by a number based on the Zone definition -- in this case Channel|1-8 says build 8 Channels using this template, replacing the bar symbol with the numbers -- 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.

You should never have a Master Track Action inside a Channel Zone definition.

You should also never have a Widget that doesn't have a bar inside a Channel Zone definition, unless it is some kind of special modifier (not the case here).

I think you want to define those 2 in the Buttons Zone.

Apologies for the overall lack of docs, but this new architecture is holding up well thus far -- fingers crossed...

If it stands (14th castle?), it will finally be time to explain how all of this works
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:28 AM   #2979
CraigGE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Default

Thanks for the replies...

Regarding the incorrectly placed widgets in my original file, I've moved them to the correct location now - thanks.

For the testing I've been doing, I've used these super-basic files:

.mst file

Code:
Widget LayerB_Rotary1
	Fader7Bit ba 0b 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0b 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary2
	Fader7Bit ba 0c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0c 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd
.zon file

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		Channel|1-2
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|1-2
	TrackNavigator
	LayerB_Rotary| TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd
Also, to demonstrate the oddity I noted before, here' a short video (quickly thrown together, so ignore any quality issues :-) ) - https://youtu.be/pmkLMBZjVFI

One last thing that is niggling me at the moment - you'll notice for the TrackPan entry in the .zon file, I still have the 0 appended - this I believe was actually used when TrackPan is used in combination with the cycling of the RotaryPush to switch mode between pan and panwidth?? anyway, if I remove the 0, Reaper crashes/shutsdown on startup.

the TrackVolume entry works with or without the 0 appended.

Not sure if the 0 is actually a problem, but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for your help with all of this, CSI has already solved my major issues using the X-Touch Mini controller with Reaper, getting this pan situation sorted is just the icing on the cake really.
CraigGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:10 AM   #2980
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigGE View Post
Thanks for the replies...

Regarding the incorrectly placed widgets in my original file, I've moved them to the correct location now - thanks.

For the testing I've been doing, I've used these super-basic files:

.mst file

Code:
Widget LayerB_Rotary1
	Fader7Bit ba 0b 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0b 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary2
	Fader7Bit ba 0c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0c 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd
.zon file

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		Channel|1-2
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|1-2
	TrackNavigator
	LayerB_Rotary| TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd
Also, to demonstrate the oddity I noted before, here' a short video (quickly thrown together, so ignore any quality issues :-) ) - https://youtu.be/pmkLMBZjVFI

One last thing that is niggling me at the moment - you'll notice for the TrackPan entry in the .zon file, I still have the 0 appended - this I believe was actually used when TrackPan is used in combination with the cycling of the RotaryPush to switch mode between pan and panwidth?? anyway, if I remove the 0, Reaper crashes/shutsdown on startup.

the TrackVolume entry works with or without the 0 appended.

Not sure if the 0 is actually a problem, but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for your help with all of this, CSI has already solved my major issues using the X-Touch Mini controller with Reaper, getting this pan situation sorted is just the icing on the cake really.
Thanks for testing !!!

Ok, got 2 bugs here:

Lack of 0 after TrackPan should never cause a crash, will fix.

The numbers are for the LED ring displays on the MCU style encoders:
0 means a single led -- perfect for Pan
1 means fill from right edge - centre single -- fill to left edge perfect for Width or EQ boost/cut
2 - left right fill -- good for level
3 - spread -- good for Q

Thank for the video -- this bug likely has to do with Widgets holding on to stale tracks when they've been deleted, will fix.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:33 AM   #2981
CraigGE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Default

Great! I'm glad my tests/video were useful.

Thanks for the clarification of the LED Ring displays - makes perfect sense now, and very useful to me with the X-Touch Mini.

As a side question - in the same way that the LED rings have different display states, can this work for the buttons too? for example, my buttons have 3 display states - off, on, and flashing - at present I'm purely using off/on.

Thanks again for your efforts, they are much appreciated!
CraigGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:59 PM   #2982
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigGE View Post
Great! I'm glad my tests/video were useful.

Thanks for the clarification of the LED Ring displays - makes perfect sense now, and very useful to me with the X-Touch Mini.

As a side question - in the same way that the LED rings have different display states, can this work for the buttons too? for example, my buttons have 3 display states - off, on, and flashing - at present I'm purely using off/on.

Thanks again for your efforts, they are much appreciated!
Yeah, we will likely support things like different display states/colors/etc. down the road a bit.

Again thanks for testing, found that weird Pan bug, where things were fine with TrackVolume, but not with Pan.

As of next build you can just say TrackPan with no trailing number if you don't care about display modes.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 05-30-2019 at 05:21 PM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:45 PM   #2983
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Unfortunately, in an FX chain window, the parameters only load to the surface when the FX name is clicked on and the FX GUI appears.

It doesn't work when you step through the entries/slots using the SWS commands, hence the request for a slightly different Navigator, if it's possible.
Custom Reaper action to the rescue

Code:
SWS/S&M: Select next FX (cycling) for selected tracks
SWS/S&M: Show FX chain for selected tracks (selected FX)
With an FX chain window open, the second command has the same effect as clicking on the FX slot in the Chain window, thus the parameters load to the surface

No need for that extra navigator
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 02:47 AM   #2984
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Custom Reaper action to the rescue

Code:
SWS/S&M: Select next FX (cycling) for selected tracks
SWS/S&M: Show FX chain for selected tracks (selected FX)
With an FX chain window open, the second command has the same effect as clicking on the FX slot in the Chain window, thus the parameters load to the surface

No need for that extra navigator
Excellent work !!
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 02:21 PM   #2985
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Custom Reaper action to the rescue

Code:
SWS/S&M: Select next FX (cycling) for selected tracks
SWS/S&M: Show FX chain for selected tracks (selected FX)
With an FX chain window open, the second command has the same effect as clicking on the FX slot in the Chain window, thus the parameters load to the surface

No need for that extra navigator
Does,

SWS/S&M: Select next FX (cycling) for selected tracks _S&M_SELFXNEXT
SWS/S&M: Select previous FX (cycling) for selected tracks _S&M_SELFXPREV

not work anymore?
I know they worked for me in an older build? But I'm not able to test atm
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 03:22 PM   #2986
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Does,

SWS/S&M: Select next FX (cycling) for selected tracks _S&M_SELFXNEXT
SWS/S&M: Select previous FX (cycling) for selected tracks _S&M_SELFXPREV

not work anymore?
I know they worked for me in an older build? But I'm not able to test atm
Interesting.

For me, the two commands 'work' in the sense that they do select the next or previous FX slot, but the parameters don't load to the surface unless the FX is 'focussed'- by either clicking on the open FX window or its name in the FX Chain window list.

As a way of avoiding the tiresome clicking (or having to have a floating FX window appear everytime, via SWS/S&M: Float next FX (and close others) for selected tracks), I keep a single FX chain window open (thanks Airon) and add the second action to 'focus' the FX, so that the parameters load.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:58 PM   #2987
poetnprophet
Human being with feelings
 
poetnprophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Does,

SWS/S&M: Select next FX (cycling) for selected tracks _S&M_SELFXNEXT
SWS/S&M: Select previous FX (cycling) for selected tracks _S&M_SELFXPREV

not work anymore?
I know they worked for me in an older build? But I'm not able to test atm
I'm using both of these (but with the older CSI build) and they work perfectly. I simply select a track on the surface, then cycle through the fx, each cycle opens the next and closes the previous (or vice versa), works very well with only 2 button presses to get to the FX, window, and synced params.
__________________
https://www.kdubbproductions.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC...2dGA3qUWBKrXQQ
i7 8700k,4.9Ghz,Win10,Reaper 5,Motu 828es,MJE Hulk 990,GAP Pre73/EQ81
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:57 AM   #2988
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
I'm using both of these (but with the older CSI build) and they work perfectly. I simply select a track on the surface, then cycle through the fx, each cycle opens the next and closes the previous (or vice versa), works very well with only 2 button presses to get to the FX, window, and synced params.
Curiouser and curiouser... When you use the commands, what (if any) FX windows are opened?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #2989
lubvic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 40
Default VUMeter FB in Xtouch

Hi all,
i'm using CSI since few days ago, by now i've configured almost everything in a way that suite my workflow, only one thing i can't configure in any way, VU Meter feedback in xtouch and extenders...
Is there a way to do it?


P.S.: i discovered a bug, i'm using one Xtouch and two extenders, when my project has less than 24 tracks, if i press fader bank or hannel, reaper crashes, if it is 25 or more tracks, everything works well.

EDIT: i resolved the first point ;-) can't figure out for the bug!

Last edited by lubvic; 06-02-2019 at 07:46 AM.
lubvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:14 AM   #2990
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubvic View Post
Hi all,
i'm using CSI since few days ago, by now i've configured almost everything in a way the suite my workflow, only one thing i can't configure in any way, VU Meter feedback in xtouch and extenders...
Is there a way to do it?


P.S.: i discovered a bug, i'm using one Xtouch and two extenders, when my project is less than 24 tracks, if i press fader bank or hannel, reaper crashes, if it is 25 or more tracks, everything works well.

EDIT: i resolved the first point ;-) can't figure out for the bug!
Thanks for testing !!

Yes, that is indeed a bug, there will be a fix in the next build -- hopefully sometime this week.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:45 AM   #2991
lubvic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 40
Default

Geoff, you are doing a GREAT job, we need to thank you!
I'm glad i can help this community as i can.
I'll report any strange behaviour that i found ;-)
lubvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #2992
poetnprophet
Human being with feelings
 
poetnprophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Curiouser and curiouser... When you use the commands, what (if any) FX windows are opened?
I will delve in tonight or tomorrow, maybe make a quick video.

Right now i have an issue with one of my extenders so I've been trying to fix that.
__________________
https://www.kdubbproductions.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC...2dGA3qUWBKrXQQ
i7 8700k,4.9Ghz,Win10,Reaper 5,Motu 828es,MJE Hulk 990,GAP Pre73/EQ81
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:25 PM   #2993
poetnprophet
Human being with feelings
 
poetnprophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 985
Default

my bad, I was wrong. These are the two actions:

_S&M_WNONLY1
_S&M_WNONLY2

I don't even remember what they're called actually.
__________________
https://www.kdubbproductions.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC...2dGA3qUWBKrXQQ
i7 8700k,4.9Ghz,Win10,Reaper 5,Motu 828es,MJE Hulk 990,GAP Pre73/EQ81
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:10 AM   #2994
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
my bad, I was wrong. These are the two actions:

_S&M_WNONLY1
_S&M_WNONLY2

I don't even remember what they're called actually.
That would be:

Code:
SWS/S&M: Float next (prev) FX (and close others) for selected tracks
They're the ones I was using previously- they work fine, but you always get the plugin GUI appear on the screen (which many people may indeed want) and it does close the previously opened GUI, so you don't get a build up of windows.

As I've got more used to using the control surfaces (particularly the C4), I'm less interested in the FX GUIs. What I have now is a single FX chain window open permanently at the bottom of the screen and I use:
Code:
SWS/S&M: Select next (prev) FX (cycling) for selected tracks
followed by:
Code:
SWS/S&M: Show FX chain for selected tracks (selected FX)
Because the FX chain window is already open (prefs: Only allow one FX chain window open at a time), the second command just causes the selected FX to become focussed, so the parameters load to the C4.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 02:43 PM   #2995
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

New build is up.

Now you can say:

Code:
someButton1 ToggleZone Zone1Name

someButton2 GoZone Zone2Name

someButton3 GoSubZone Zone3Name ParentZoneName


OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets

OnFXFocus MapFocusedTrackFXToWidgets
This is a first shot so don't use it on anything important yet -- fair warning
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:47 AM   #2996
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

New build is up, just tweaked the readme a bit.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:11 PM   #2997
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 856
Default

No luck yet with FX parameters loading to the C4 on the new build.

My C4.zon is:
Code:
Zone Home
OnFXFocus MapFocusedTrackFXToWidgets
BankLeft TrackBank -24
BankRight TrackBank 24
ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
ChannelRight TrackBank 1
ZoneEnd
The Bank and Channel buttons are working on the C4, so C4.zon seems ok.

The FX i'm using to test is BX Control (good selection of pushes and rotaries):
Code:
Zone "VST: bx_control V2 (Plugin Alliance)"
/
DisplayUpperD1 "IpGain" TrackFXParamNameDisplay "Input"
DisplayLowerD1 "IpGain" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
RotaryD1 "IpGain"
Toggle+RotaryPushD1 "IpGainOn"
/
DisplayUpperD2 "Balance" TrackFXParamNameDisplay "Balanc"
DisplayLowerD2 "Balance" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
RotaryD2 "Balance"
Toggle+RotaryPushD2 "BalancOn"
/
DisplayUpperD3 "Pan M" TrackFXParamNameDisplay "Pan_M
DisplayLowerD3 "Pan M" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
RotaryD3 "Pan M"
Toggle+RotaryPushD3 "Pan M On"
/
DisplayUpperD4 "Pan S" TrackFXParamNameDisplay "Pan_S"
DisplayLowerD4 "Pan S" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
RotaryD4 "Pan S"
Toggle+RotaryPushD4 "Pan S On"
/
DisplayUpperD5 "MonoMkr" TrackFXParamNameDisplay
DisplayLowerD5 "MonoMkr" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
RotaryD5 "MonoMkr"
Toggle+RotaryPushD5 "MMkOn"
/
DisplayUpperD6 "StWidth" TrackFXParamNameDisplay "Width"
DisplayLowerD6 "StWidth" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
RotaryD6 "StWidth"
Toggle+RotaryPushD6 "StWdOn"
/
/DisplayUpperD7 "" TrackFXParamNameDisplay
/DisplayLowerD7 "" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
/RotaryD7 ""
/Toggle+RotaryPushD7 ""
/
/DisplayUpperD8 "" TrackFXParamNameDisplay
/DisplayLowerD8 "" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
/RotaryD8 ""
/Toggle+RotaryPushD8 ""
/
ZoneEnd
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:48 PM   #2998
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
No luck yet with FX parameters loading to the C4 on the new build.

My C4.zon is:
Code:
Zone Home
OnFXFocus MapFocusedTrackFXToWidgets
BankLeft TrackBank -24
BankRight TrackBank 24
ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
ChannelRight TrackBank 1
ZoneEnd
The Bank and Channel buttons are working on the C4, so C4.zon seems ok.

The FX i'm using to test is BX Control (good selection of pushes and rotaries):
Code:
Zone "VST: bx_control V2 (Plugin Alliance)"
/
DisplayUpperD1 "IpGain" TrackFXParamNameDisplay "Input"
DisplayLowerD1 "IpGain" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
RotaryD1 "IpGain"
Toggle+RotaryPushD1 "IpGainOn"
/
DisplayUpperD2 "Balance" TrackFXParamNameDisplay "Balanc"
DisplayLowerD2 "Balance" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
RotaryD2 "Balance"
Toggle+RotaryPushD2 "BalancOn"
/
DisplayUpperD3 "Pan M" TrackFXParamNameDisplay "Pan_M
DisplayLowerD3 "Pan M" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
RotaryD3 "Pan M"
Toggle+RotaryPushD3 "Pan M On"
/
DisplayUpperD4 "Pan S" TrackFXParamNameDisplay "Pan_S"
DisplayLowerD4 "Pan S" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
RotaryD4 "Pan S"
Toggle+RotaryPushD4 "Pan S On"
/
DisplayUpperD5 "MonoMkr" TrackFXParamNameDisplay
DisplayLowerD5 "MonoMkr" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
RotaryD5 "MonoMkr"
Toggle+RotaryPushD5 "MMkOn"
/
DisplayUpperD6 "StWidth" TrackFXParamNameDisplay "Width"
DisplayLowerD6 "StWidth" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
RotaryD6 "StWidth"
Toggle+RotaryPushD6 "StWdOn"
/
/DisplayUpperD7 "" TrackFXParamNameDisplay
/DisplayLowerD7 "" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
/RotaryD7 ""
/Toggle+RotaryPushD7 ""
/
/DisplayUpperD8 "" TrackFXParamNameDisplay
/DisplayLowerD8 "" TrackFXParamValueDisplay
/RotaryD8 ""
/Toggle+RotaryPushD8 ""
/
ZoneEnd
Looks like your FX file is still the old style, should look more like this:

Code:
Zone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)"
FocusedFXTrackNavigator
Threshold FXParam Thresh
Character FXParam  Gain
Attack FXParam  Attack
Release FXParam  Release
Ratio FXParam  Ratio
Compressor FXParam  Bypass
Parallel FXParam  Wet
CompressorMeter FXParam  GainReductionDB

DisplayUpperD1 TrackFXParamNameDisplay "IpGain" "Input"

ZoneEnd
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:10 AM   #2999
lubvic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 40
Talking

i'm trying to configure my xtouch to map some vst with new zones... no way.
I'm putting a reacomp.zon in a new folder under ../zones parent folder, and, creating a new page called "FX" with the xtouc inside, using reacomp.zon, if i use a GoPage command, CSI switches to FX page but no command are sent to plugin and i can't go back to MCU.zon.
Putting a new zone for reacomp in this way:

Zone Home
IncludedZones
Buttons
Channel|1-8
reacomp
IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

using GoZone reacomp, i have the same results, no command sent to plugin.

Can anyone explain how to configure CSI with MCU.mst and *.zon for my xtouch?
where to put files, what to do (new group, new zone or whatever else...)?
If i can view a *.zon example it'd be great!


i feel dumb! hehehe

Tnx! :-)


edit:
FocusedFXTrackNavigator let CSI go to plugin zone automatically without needs to configure a button to switch?
lubvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:49 AM   #3000
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubvic View Post
i'm trying to configure my xtouch to map some vst with new zones... no way.
I'm putting a reacomp.zon in a new folder under ../zones parent folder, and, creating a new page called "FX" with the xtouc inside, using reacomp.zon, if i use a GoPage command, CSI switches to FX page but no command are sent to plugin and i can't go back to MCU.zon.
Putting a new zone for reacomp in this way:

Zone Home
IncludedZones
Buttons
Channel|1-8
reacomp
IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

using GoZone reacomp, i have the same results, no command sent to plugin.
You could use a Page to do this as you have, but it's WAY overkill.

Just have a look at Console1.zon.

Code:
OnFXFocus MapFocusedTrackFXToWidgets
is the line you want to add to your MCU.zon file, something like this:

Code:
Zone Home
        OnFXFocus MapFocusedTrackFXToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		Buttons 
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
Then make sure your ReaComp.zon file looks like this:

Code:
Zone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)"
        FocusedFXTrackNavigator
        Threshold FXParam Thresh
        Character FXParam Gain
        Attack FXParam Attack
        Release FXParam Release
        Ratio FXParam Ratio
        Compressor FXParam Bypass
        Parallel FXParam Wet
        CompressorMeter FXParam GainReductionDB
ZoneEnd
Then, in the config panel, just point to the regular .zon folders, no need to make your own stuff up, although you can, as stated earlier, it's way overkill for this, there's a much easier way.

So to sum up:

Make sure the surface zone file that you use (MCU.zon in your case) has this line:

Code:
Zone Home
        OnFXFocus MapFocusedTrackFXToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		Buttons 
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
and each FX that you want to use has this line right after the Zone line:

Code:
Zone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)"
        FocusedFXTrackNavigator
        Threshold FXParam Thresh
        ...
The choice of FocusedFXTrackNavigator vs SelectedTrackNavigator is largely based on hardware, so you will probably change this once and leave it.

That's a whole lot easier than all the definitions you would have needed for the Page approach.

Pages are for more drastic changes like, say, going from the surface controlling RME totalMix to controlling Reaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubvic View Post
Can anyone explain how to configure CSI with MCU.mst and *.zon for my xtouch?
where to put files, what to do (new group, new zone or whatever else...)?
If i can view a *.zon example it'd be great!


i feel dumb! hehehe

Tnx! :-)
The docs have been on hold until the architecture stabilized -- unless we see any surprises in testing, it's doc time.

That is, time to explain how it all works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubvic View Post
edit:
FocusedFXTrackNavigator let CSI go to plugin zone automatically without needs to configure a button to switch?
Yes, see Console1.zon for example.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Alpha software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/36903/CSI%20alpha.zip
Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.