Old 01-04-2016, 04:15 AM   #41
bigjoe
Human being with feelings
 
bigjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 89
Default

It's so clean and relaxing! Just the my favourite theme ever!
No hassle and whistles, it's just clear and not fatiguing!
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:02 PM   #42
cereboso
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 201
Default

I'm working with the theme and I've found it's hard to tell if an item actually has any audio going on or not. The waveform displayed seems to have a stroke or it's thicker somehow and it makes it look like the silent parts have something there.
I attached a screenshot below. Would it be possible to get the waveforms to only show the thin center line like in the default themes so it's easier to see the detailed shape and know what's going on? Thanks!!

cereboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:40 AM   #43
sugo
Human being with feelings
 
sugo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 101
Default

Love it. I ever come back to jannes stuff. For my monitor this one could be a little bit darker and i find the meters to dominant.
But thats only my "monitor"-taste.
Thank you for this theme
sugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:02 AM   #44
Janne83
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereboso View Post
I'm working with the theme and I've found it's hard to tell if an item actually has any audio going on or not. The waveform displayed seems to have a stroke or it's thicker somehow and it makes it look like the silent parts have something there.
I attached a screenshot below. Would it be possible to get the waveforms to only show the thin center line like in the default themes so it's easier to see the detailed shape and know what's going on? Thanks!!

Preferences/Appearance/peaksWaveforms turn off Draw edges on peaks
__________________
Win10, R 64bit
Janne83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:22 AM   #45
cereboso
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
Preferences/Appearance/peaksWaveforms turn off Draw edges on peaks
Perfect, thanks!
cereboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:18 PM   #46
Solar
Human being with feelings
 
Solar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,302
Default

@Janne83 Happy New YEar 2016 of HEALTH and prosper one. Hope we get to see more of your great work and contribution in this forum.

Really liking this Theme, reminds me a bit of the Flat/Vectorial design feel of Fruity Loops that I really love the GUI and colors overall. Do you think you could make this theme be more sharp in terms of colors like FL 12??? Would be amazing

Either way big thanks for this one, really clean and easy on the eye ;-)
__________________
MY: Music Producer, Mix Engineer & Entrepreneur
http://soundcloud.com/officialmy
Solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:25 PM   #47
vanhaze
Human being with feelings
 
vanhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4,775
Default

Is my default Theme now.
Just a great Theme, many Thx !
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #48
Janne83
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
@Janne83 Happy New YEar 2016 of HEALTH and prosper one. Hope we get to see more of your great work and contribution in this forum.

Really liking this Theme, reminds me a bit of the Flat/Vectorial design feel of Fruity Loops that I really love the GUI and colors overall. Do you think you could make this theme be more sharp in terms of colors like FL 12??? Would be amazing

Either way big thanks for this one, really clean and easy on the eye ;-)
Thanks and I wish you a happy and prosperous new year also

FL 12 uses vector graphics- therefore the sharpness of the GUI. Reaper doesnt have this option, but Im sure i will be added eventually.

Regards J
__________________
Win10, R 64bit
Janne83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:29 AM   #49
sonnie
Human being with feelings
 
sonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 642
Default

Janne, again, one of the most elegant Reaper-themes out there.

There are few little things which could be improved (IMHO!):

- Loop indicator is a little dark (contrast) for my eyes (at the time ruler)

- record button looks always like armed, maybe just make it less red

- text in TCP is not vertically centered (sticks to upper side)

- missing a "small" option in the mixer

But that are all minors. Great theme!
sonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:41 PM   #50
Solar
Human being with feelings
 
Solar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
Thanks and I wish you a happy and prosperous new year also

FL 12 uses vector graphics- therefore the sharpness of the GUI. Reaper doesnt have this option, but Im sure i will be added eventually.

Regards J
You're welcome Janne83 ;-)
As for my request about FL Theme, I know that Reaper ain't yet into Vector GUI but I meant more about the COLOR Scheme of FL Theme, more Flat and the grey they use I find it really smooth, the way the overall GUI look like ;-)

Maybe one day soon Reaper will get into Vector
__________________
MY: Music Producer, Mix Engineer & Entrepreneur
http://soundcloud.com/officialmy
Solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:16 PM   #51
cereboso
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 201
Default

I'm trying to edit this theme to change 2 small things:
1. Get rid of the dark grid lines in the TCP for folder tracks. I find those distract me and would rather it just be the main background color. I'm not necessarily suggesting that you change the main theme, I'm just trying to change it for myself. I'm having trouble with it, though. I tried removing the folder_start, folder_indent and folder_end png's, but that doesn't seem to work. I also tried editing the tcp_bg files with no luck. Is there a setting in the rtconfig that I change use to remove those or change their color to the background color?

2. I'd like to reduce the size of the smallest ("supercollapsed") tracks when minimized to very tiny and closer to the size that they are in the default V4 theme. I tried editing this line with no luck:
master.tcp_heights 10 25 42 74 ; supercollapsed, collapsed, small(norecarm), recarm size

Thanks so much Janne! I love the colors of this theme and I think it could really be usable for me with these small tweaks.
cereboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:54 AM   #52
Janne83
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereboso View Post
I'm trying to edit this theme to change 2 small things:
1. Get rid of the dark grid lines in the TCP for folder tracks. I find those distract me and would rather it just be the main background color. I'm not necessarily suggesting that you change the main theme, I'm just trying to change it for myself. I'm having trouble with it, though. I tried removing the folder_start, folder_indent and folder_end png's, but that doesn't seem to work. I also tried editing the tcp_bg files with no luck. Is there a setting in the rtconfig that I change use to remove those or change their color to the background color?

2. I'd like to reduce the size of the smallest ("supercollapsed") tracks when minimized to very tiny and closer to the size that they are in the default V4 theme. I tried editing this line with no luck:
master.tcp_heights 10 25 42 74 ; supercollapsed, collapsed, small(norecarm), recarm size

Thanks so much Janne! I love the colors of this theme and I think it could really be usable for me with these small tweaks.
1. Youll have to edit the images- all three should be blank/transparent. With images removed reaper uses its own generic ones.

2. skip the master part.Use tcp_heights 10 25 42 74 ; supercollapsed, collapsed, small(norecarm), recarm size



J
__________________
Win10, R 64bit
Janne83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:56 AM   #53
Janne83
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
You're welcome Janne83 ;-)
As for my request about FL Theme, I know that Reaper ain't yet into Vector GUI but I meant more about the COLOR Scheme of FL Theme, more Flat and the grey they use I find it really smooth, the way the overall GUI look like ;-)

Maybe one day soon Reaper will get into Vector
Maybe for the next one

J
__________________
Win10, R 64bit
Janne83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:22 AM   #54
reapercurious
Human being with feelings
 
reapercurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,665
Default

this theme is lovely.
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:02 AM   #55
Thalamus
Human being with feelings
 
Thalamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 559
Default

Lovely stuff.

I wonder if you'd consider increasing the visibility of the parent/child relationship on the TCP.

If you take a look at the default theme or the ProX Tools theme you'll see that when you make a folder track, there is quite a delineation between the parent/child.

For me at least, being able to quickly read this kind of information is very important.




Many thanks for the excellent theme and I hope you take my comments as constructive


Thal
Thalamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:06 AM   #56
sapun
Human being with feelings
 
sapun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 47
Default

Hi from Siberia!
This theme looks great
I compared it with my modified rado theme and want to ask you to make some changes.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 121.jpg (56.6 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by sapun; 01-08-2016 at 05:12 AM.
sapun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:52 AM   #57
noise_construct
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,566
Default

Some of those tweaks you can do easily to most (all) themes:

actions > Theme Development: Show theme tweak/configuration window

You'll want to adjust the color for "Mixer FX text: bypassed" (and offline).

(missed some of the other rectangels in your png)
noise_construct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:20 AM   #58
Janne83
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalamus View Post
Lovely stuff.

I wonder if you'd consider increasing the visibility of the parent/child relationship on the TCP.

If you take a look at the default theme or the ProX Tools theme you'll see that when you make a folder track, there is quite a delineation between the parent/child.

For me at least, being able to quickly read this kind of information is very important.




Many thanks for the excellent theme and I hope you take my comments as constructive


Thal
My theme uses start anchor and moves all track elements to the same start, other themes as you see have start depending on the folder value.

J
__________________
Win10, R 64bit
Janne83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:27 AM   #59
Janne83
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapun View Post
Hi from Siberia!
This theme looks great
I compared it with my modified rado theme and want to ask you to make some changes.
1. For the pan/width right click on the pan knb and change the pan mode to dual or stereo and the width knob will appear.

2. I cannot change track name color because is consistent with other text colors in the theme

3. Other changes you can do yourself in the Them tweak window(search for it in the Actions menu):

- Mixer FX text: bypassed" (and offline) for the insert tect color
- Media item/fade colors for the item volume/fade color

After youre done with the changes just resave the theme and your done.

J
__________________
Win10, R 64bit
Janne83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:23 AM   #60
sostenuto
Human being with feelings
 
sostenuto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St George, UT _ USA
Posts: 2,691
Default

@ Janne83 .... Impressed with what you do ! Glad you have a strong compass and not easily moved off course.
Sometimes there may be issues, and if need be, I have a short-list of alternatives until you choose to 'fine-tune'.

Take care and best regards

Last edited by sostenuto; 01-08-2016 at 06:43 PM.
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:09 AM   #61
Lau
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colombes
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
My theme uses start anchor and moves all track elements to the same start, other themes as you see have start depending on the folder value.

J
@Thalamus:
open the theme (with 7zip for example) and just replace the 3 folder_xxxx.png by the ones you like the most (copied from another theme).
That's what i did.

@Janne83:
I love this new theme but among all your themes it becomes more and more difficult to choose!
Thanks a lot
Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #62
Solar
Human being with feelings
 
Solar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
Maybe for the next one

J
Perfecto, looking forward to it ;-) Thanks
__________________
MY: Music Producer, Mix Engineer & Entrepreneur
http://soundcloud.com/officialmy
Solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #63
sapun
Human being with feelings
 
sapun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 47
Default

Thnx a lot!
Tweaked for myself

sapun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:42 PM   #64
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings
 
EpicSounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,556
Default

The theme looks very nice, I like this sort of flat look and the gray And blue colors. but I had some problems with it. I had a hard time seeing which tracks are selected and also when tracks are in folders.
The position of the routing button in the TCP bothers me a little but that is easy to fix in a layout.

Bug: In the media explorer transport there is a little white line between cycle and routing.
__________________
REAPER Video Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and more at The REAPER Blog
EpicSounds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:36 PM   #65
Janne83
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,809
Default v 1.0.3

v 1.0.3:

+added narrow MCP layouts with color fader options
# better selected track visibility

Link: https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1696/Ja...ReaperThemeZip



J
__________________
Win10, R 64bit
Janne83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:01 PM   #66
cereboso
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 201
Default

Is it possible to hide peak meter values on supercollapsed tracks and only show the graphical meter?
cereboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:03 PM   #67
Janne83
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereboso View Post
Is it possible to hide peak meter values on supercollapsed tracks and only show the graphical meter?
Unfortuntelly no.

J
__________________
Win10, R 64bit
Janne83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:17 PM   #68
noise_construct
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,566
Default

So nice, thank you very much for the narrow layout!
noise_construct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 03:08 PM   #69
vanhaze
Human being with feelings
 
vanhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4,775
Default

Just great , thanks alot !
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:22 PM   #70
Ben Zero
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London, England
Posts: 678
Default

Wow! This is a beautiful theme - thanks so much Janne! I love the elegance flatness of it - very much my thing.

Do you think that at any point you might work on a light version of this theme? That would be amazing.

Big thanks

Ben
__________________
using REAPER professionally since 2006.
Ben Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:55 AM   #71
mamazai
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 357
Default

Great, cool. But -tint selected /unselected items background- feature don't work. ( options/appearance/peaks waveforms )
mamazai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:24 AM   #72
Janne83
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazai View Post
Great, cool. But -tint selected /unselected items background- feature don't work. ( options/appearance/peaks waveforms )
V 5 introduced transparency option- that preference doesnt work with it.

J
__________________
Win10, R 64bit
Janne83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:26 AM   #73
Janne83
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Zero View Post
Wow! This is a beautiful theme - thanks so much Janne! I love the elegance flatness of it - very much my thing.

Do you think that at any point you might work on a light version of this theme? That would be amazing.

Big thanks

Ben
Its possible. We will see

regards J
__________________
Win10, R 64bit
Janne83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:53 AM   #74
Pasajeromoronmoreno
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Argentina
Posts: 326
Default

Thanks for the narrow layout!
__________________
Living la vida loca
Pasajeromoronmoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:40 AM   #75
Commala
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 613
Default

This is great work, I love this. The arrange view reminds me of a light table on an editing bench. Thank you, Janne
Commala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:48 AM   #76
sonnie
Human being with feelings
 
sonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnie View Post

- text in TCP is not vertically centered (sticks to upper side)
Interesting, this is just with OSX. Win is perfect centered.
sonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:02 PM   #77
Janne83
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnie View Post
Interesting, this is just with OSX. Win is perfect centered.
this has happened before, but unfortunately i cant do much about it.
There is sometimes an issue with font relation win/OSX.

J
__________________
Win10, R 64bit
Janne83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #78
Commala
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
this has happened before, but unfortunately i cant do much about it.
There is sometimes an issue with font relation win/OSX.

J
Some fonts are not as compatible between OS as others. The solution I came up with is to set a switch in the rtconfig.

eg: set OSX [0] ; 1 for OSX, 0 for PC

So every margin definition then has two sets of values

eg: set tcp.label.margin OSX{x}<1 [3 -1 3 0] [3 1 3 -1 0]

I combined this with a separate .ReaperTheme file with font sizes specifically adjusted to take this into account on OSX. It helps to have a Mac to test this on.

Of course, the whole thing should really be bundled up as a separate download with all that stuff switched over already for the user, but I haven't done that.
The separate .ReaperTheme for OSX is just packed in the zip.

If Reaper could swap these automatically somehow it would be better.
Commala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #79
Janne83
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commala View Post
Some fonts are not as compatible between OS as others. The solution I came up with is to set a switch in the rtconfig.

eg: set OSX [0] ; 1 for OSX, 0 for PC

So every margin definition then has two sets of values

eg: set tcp.label.margin OSX{x}<1 [3 -1 3 0] [3 1 3 -1 0]

I combined this with a separate .ReaperTheme file with font sizes specifically adjusted to take this into account on OSX. It helps to have a Mac to test this on.

Of course, the whole thing should really be bundled up as a separate download with all that stuff switched over already for the user, but I haven't done that.
The separate .ReaperTheme for OSX is just packed in the zip.

If Reaper could swap these automatically somehow it would be better.
Thanks for this Commala.
Will look into it.

I agree it would be much easier if this w solved on programming side automatically, but I highly doubt that because its not in a very high priority
J
__________________
Win10, R 64bit
Janne83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:14 AM   #80
sonnie
Human being with feelings
 
sonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
this has happened before, but unfortunately i cant do much about it.
There is sometimes an issue with font relation win/OSX.
Got it, thanks for reply.
Seen my other ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnie View Post
- Loop indicator is a little dark (contrast) for my eyes (at the time ruler)

- record button looks always like armed, maybe just make it less red
Keep on making great themes! There are many good looking out there, but I can use your themes every day without getting dizzy.
sonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.