Old 12-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
andrew1
Human being with feelings

Default Anyone have an Alesis DM-10?

I'm having issues saving my e-kit settings so everytime i boot up reaper i can play it without having to reassign the pads using the "learn" function on superior drummer 2.0. I've been going into Mapping and saving my midi preset with no luck... Do I have to save my kit from the module? Does that have anything to do with my assigned notes? Everytime I assign the notes to my kit and save.. I'll shut down my work station.. and when i boot back up my snare randomly becomes a tom... cymbal randomly becomes a hi-hat. etc.
andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
andrew1

had good results tonight everything seems to be working okay and saving fine. you must save your module as well as superior drummer. i had two questions on things i couldnt get going.

1. the hi hat pedal.. when played only by itself doesn't give me a sound of the hi hat closing. it will close the hi hat.. so if i hit the hi hat while pressing the pedal itll give me the closed sound. but nothing when i actually hit the pedal without anything else. any ideas? not much luck with the learn button.

2. crash doesnt choke. anyone remember doing anything special to get that going?
andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
ivansc

Foot close sound is pretty tricky on mot e-kits. I have yet to find a one-pedal hihat trigger that does it reliably. My TD8 comes close but is still temperamental.

I gather if you buy the really expensive ones that mount on a proper hihat stand this is better.... Not much help to us though.

I have a friend with a Alesis DM10 so I will call him and ask.
Baxune
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
ivansc

Heard back from my buddy with the DM10 an dhe says choke is not available
And he too has issues getting the foot close to sound properly.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote