Old 12-01-2018, 04:03 AM   #1
cutnpaste
Banned

Default Down loaded 4 part theme

What is the install procedure for a theme in four parts, it's extension is ".rar".
cutnpaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:06 AM   #2
vitalker
Human being with feelings

Extract it with any archiver, for example WinRar.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:18 AM   #3
cutnpaste
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
Extract it with any archiver, for example WinRar.
I used 7zip but apparently I need to get winrar as 7zip extracts the files. When you do the second file is extracted it overwrites the first file.

Thanks
Old 12-01-2018, 06:22 AM   #4
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutnpaste View Post
I used 7zip but apparently I need to get winrar as 7zip extracts the files. When you do the second file is extracted it overwrites the first file.
So you solved you problem?
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:26 AM   #5
Stella645

I doubt it is overwriting anything...possibly it's already extracting all the 4 archives to the one file..did you try to use the created file?
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:05 PM   #6
cutnpaste
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella645 View Post
I doubt it is overwriting anything...possibly it's already extracting all the 4 archives to the one file..did you try to use the created file?
It look nothing like the samples screens in the stash. I also tried winrar.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:31 PM   #7
xpoes

If you unzip the first file with WinRar, then all 4 Rar-cabinets will be unzipped..
Old 12-01-2018, 11:53 PM   #8
cutnpaste
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpoes View Post
If you unzip the first file with WinRar, then all 4 Rar-cabinets will be unzipped..
This is what it look like; see partial screen print.

https://forum.cockos.com/attachment....1&d=1543733564
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (62.0 KB, 243 views)
Old 12-02-2018, 12:52 AM   #9
Eliseat

You should express yourself a bit more clearly. Did you get managed to extract the zip file or not?

There are some possibilities you downloaded a multiple part compressed file but this would only make sense if the file is really large and could only get uploaded in parts. (Maybe to avoid the Stash upload size limit?)

If so, you have to make sure to have all four files in one place and only extract the first file which is in some cases the file with the ending .rar (while the others have endings like .001, .002 or .r01, .r02) or the ending is part01.rar, then you have to choose this one. Don't extract the first one and try to overwrite the already extracted files with an extraction of the second part as this would only result in corrupted files.

Next time you should post the link where you downloaded the files. That would be more clearly.

Anyway. If you have extracted the files correctly but don't got the expected results, then again describe it more clearly. Give us a link to the screenshot that reflects your expectations. Maybe there are special instructions or so. Or maybe its a corrupted file. Normally you only put the .ReaperThemeZip into the themes folder and that's it.

Good luck!
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:47 AM   #10
cutnpaste
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
You should express yourself a bit more clearly. Did you get managed to extract the zip file or not?

There are some possibilities you downloaded a multiple part compressed file but this would only make sense if the file is really large and could only get uploaded in parts. (Maybe to avoid the Stash upload size limit?)

If so, you have to make sure to have all four files in one place and only extract the first file which is in some cases the file with the ending .rar (while the others have endings like .001, .002 or .r01, .r02) or the ending is part01.rar, then you have to choose this one. Don't extract the first one and try to overwrite the already extracted files with an extraction of the second part as this would only result in corrupted files.

Next time you should post the link where you downloaded the files. That would be more clearly.

Anyway. If you have extracted the files correctly but don't got the expected results, then again describe it more clearly. Give us a link to the screenshot that reflects your expectations. Maybe there are special instructions or so. Or maybe its a corrupted file. Normally you only put the .ReaperThemeZip into the themes folder and that's it.

Good luck!
This is the name of the first part.

wt_blacknpurple.part1.rar

I have given up considering this theme a waste of my time for now.

Thanks for your comments.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:02 AM   #11
Eliseat

cutnpaste,

this waste of time was not necessary.

For the future: Describe your problem with more detail. A lot of people want to help you here in the forum. But they need information. If they have to guess, it ends up in endless assumptions and discussions. If you would have posted the filename in your first post, a lot of people would have answered quickly on how to handle it.

Themes shouldn't take time. So I hope you have found a better one and you are using it with your Reaper.

Greetings
Eli
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 05:16 AM   #12
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

This theme is a mod of Imperial, I don't know why he's given it a wt_ suffix. I didn't make the mod.

If you want a dark version of Imperial, I recommend ...Imperial. When I first released it, it didn't have dark layouts, but it does now, and has had for many years.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:29 AM   #13
cutnpaste
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
cutnpaste,

this waste of time was not necessary.

For the future: Describe your problem with more detail. A lot of people want to help you here in the forum. But they need information. If they have to guess, it ends up in endless assumptions and discussions. If you would have posted the filename in your first post, a lot of people would have answered quickly on how to handle it.

Themes shouldn't take time. So I hope you have found a better one and you are using it with your Reaper.

Greetings
Eli
Sorry about thst. After a good night's sleep I have the problem solved. The file extensions were not exactly correct. It works now.