Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 03-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
jherman
Human being with feelings

Default setting a click to drums freely recorded.. THEN quantizing?

I saw this post: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=14737

If this is the "way" to set the click track to freely recorded drums in reaper, wouldn't quantizing to these beat markers be... redundant? Since the click itself would be flawed.

I record a decent amount of local bands and 90% of the time the drummer has no idea what a metronome is. (sad, but true) I have no problems offering quantizing services for them. (former pro tools user)

I guess my question would be: What's the best way to quantize freely recorded drums in reaper?
jherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
jherman

anyone?
jherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jherman View Post
I saw this post: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=14737

If this is the "way" to set the click track to freely recorded drums in reaper, wouldn't quantizing to these beat markers be... redundant? Since the click itself would be flawed.

I record a decent amount of local bands and 90% of the time the drummer has no idea what a metronome is. (sad, but true) I have no problems offering quantizing services for them. (former pro tools user)

I guess my question would be: What's the best way to quantize freely recorded drums in reaper?
Actually that's the way to set up measures for free form recorded audio so that the metronome lines up as well as the visual bars and beats. If the timing of the free form tracks is flawed then I guess the metronome would be to. Although you can shift the markers around some to smooth things out.

It's not for quantizing audio but can help in implementing it. There are threads for quantizing audio but I'm not sure where they are. Perhaps someone who does will reply.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote