Old 09-17-2019, 10:30 PM   #1
snatchman
Human being with feelings

Default Rendering..?

Hello..When you render, do Reaper follow moves done with automation such as a fade on the master buss or do it just ignore the fade and render until the end of the song..?..
snatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:32 PM   #2
hopi

rendering includes the automation ...same as if you play the project
Old 09-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #3
snatchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
rendering includes the automation ...same as if you play the project
Hello..Thanks for the reply...!
snatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
lunker

Hi,

Not wanting to be too much of a jerk, but couldn't you have answered this question yourself by doing exactly what you wrote ("a fade on the master buss") and then rendering it to see it the fade got applied? If the fade didn't get applied ... then ask us whether it was supposed to or not. (Or if you already did that, then tell us in the message so that we know you tried it.)

I don't mean to pick on you, but I have noticed a general increase in the number of posts (from many users, not you specifically) asking "What happens if I do <some Reaper action>?" And the answer should be "Try it and find out. If you don't understand what happens when you do it, then come back and ask us about it so we can help."

Also, this topic is sort of answered in the User Guide (Section "21.4 - Rendering A Project", p. 411 of the current version) : "Let’s say that you have finished your recording, completed your edits, added all your FX and automation, arranged all your tracks .... and now you want to produce an end product for distribution."

I really do like to help people. But I think they should try to help themselves before asking others to spend time on it.

Sorry for the rant ...

Last edited by lunker; 09-19-2019 at 12:46 PM.
lunker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:43 PM   #5
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker View Post
Hi,

Sorry for the rant ...
sometimes, we are truly and incredibly busy, to the point that trying something you're not familiar with can take WAY more time than posing the question and awaiting an answer. Same with going into the user manual, which is how many pages?

I will often take ONE Minute just to pose a quick question, get back to my work, end my day at midnight or 1am, and look for the answer the next day while I'm on the toilet at 6am. Because some people are busy and don't have the time to trial and error everything. And if they weren't busy they probably wouldn't need to ask for help.

Or, sometimes we are away from our studio and a valuable idea popped in our mind. We CANT test it because we aren't in the studio so what's so bad about posting a quick question and getting a quick answer?

In all honesty, one of THE most frustrating time wasters is coming back to your posted question later to find somebody's rant that absolutely doesn't even help the OP one bit.
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 05:43 PM   #6
lunker

I think you just proved my point: some people prefer to ask others to do something they could do for themselves, because it’s more convenient than doing it themselves.

If everyone thought that way, nothing would ever get done — I don’t want to do it, so I ask someone else. They don’t want to do it, so they ask someone else. That person doesn’t want to do it, so they ask someone else. ...

— —

But it’s not at all convenient for me to do someone else’s work for them. I’d rather teach someone to fish than keep giving them a fish every time they ask for one.

Rather than fuss about it, I’ll just keep quiet and let others do it.

Last edited by lunker; 09-19-2019 at 06:07 PM.
lunker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:42 AM   #7
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker View Post
I think you just proved my point: some people prefer to ask others to do something they could do for themselves, because it’s more convenient than doing it themselves.

If everyone thought that way, nothing would ever get done — I don’t want to do it, so I ask someone else. They don’t want to do it, so they ask someone else. That person doesn’t want to do it, so they ask someone else. ...

— —

But it’s not at all convenient for me to do someone else’s work for them. I’d rather teach someone to fish than keep giving them a fish every time they ask for one.

Rather than fuss about it, I’ll just keep quiet and let others do it.
Sometimes you are at work or on a plane and dont have Reaper to test. If your time is so valuable that you dont want to answer then dont but most of us are happy to. The Reaper community is the best. I hate fish!
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:09 AM   #8
hopi

if your time is that precious, ...you are living in a terrible way

you need a vacation
you need some time off
you need a time out
you need to retire early