Old 06-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #1
woogish
Human being with feelings

Default Help with SPDIF

Does anyone perchance know if the Yamaha SW1000xg and the Yamaha DS2416 automatically send audio out of their SPDIF jacks? I can't get my Focusrite VRM box to "lock on"
to the signal when connected with an actual SPDIF coax cable........

Thanks......
woogish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:56 PM   #2
Softsynth

Most soundcards you have to go into soundcard settings or Windows/Op Sys settings to tick a box for optical out/choose output device.
For instance in Windows try right clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar, to see what options you have.
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:59 PM   #3
Geoff-h3o

Default ..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsynth View Post
Most soundcards you have to go into soundcard settings or Windows/Op Sys settings to tick a box for optical out/choose output device.
For instance in Windows try right clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar, to see what options you have.
That's the case with my Yamaha Motif 8. I also have the choice of bit rate so that need s to be set right. These options are set on the yamaha, then optical in enabled in Reaper preferences (sometimes not labelled optical just an input number).

Last edited by Geoff-h3o; 06-14-2018 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added stuff
Geoff-h3o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:52 AM   #4
woogish

I currently use both soundcards, and they're set up properly and work very well - what I'm trying to find out is only this:

If the cards are sending audio out of the analog connectors, does the SPDIF automatically send out digital audio as well. I would think so, but my VRM box doesn't
seem to detect any SPDIF signal. The answer to this may be specific to the cards (i.e. "turning on" the SPDIF outs on each card), or not.

I use DSCtrl3 (Ian Lyon XPI, not responding to emails) software to control the DS2416, and XGEdit for the SW1000xg, and Digital IO seems to be enabled for DS2416, but VRM doesn't see.

BTW - if you're not experienced in using either of these two cards, it's not likely that you'll be able to definitively help me........
Thanks to all, tho'.....
woogish is offline   Reply With Quote