Old 07-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
Rednroll
Human being with feelings

Default Open in Editor needed functionality

In Reaper when you select to open in editor the selection doesn't carry over to the editor. It would be great to see this. I find it almost useless to have the open in editor feature without this functionality.

So for an example, if I have a media file split up into multiple events/sections, and then I select one of the individual events, then it will open the entire file in Sound Forge, but the selected area is automatically carried over into Sound Forge, thus I'm only applying processing to that section of the file.

See Vegas=>Open in Sound Forge functionality example:
http://www.stashbox.org/uploads/1152...-In-Editor.jpg

I don't believe this is anything proprietary between the Sony apps, since Cakewalk's Sonar has this same functionality with Sound Forge. Maybe it's not an easy task to accomplish, since Sony seemed to leave this Vegas/Sound Forge functionality out of the Acid 6 release. But then again, Sony seems to have lost a lot of their consistancy in maintaining common functionality between their apps lately.

P.S. I love the .985 release. Thanks for giving me the further slide edit functionality. It seems to work great. The only comment I would make is that I wish that when the events are crossfaded it would function the same way as the new functionality just added, instead of having to place your cursor on the crossfade envelope and holding the shift key.

The new I/O section looks awesome!!!
Rednroll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
chip mcdonald

I concur...
chip mcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
Jae.Thomas

same here.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote