Old 08-18-2019, 01:34 PM   #1881
_Stevie_
Human being with feelings

That worked! For both cases, installing and focus arrange, yay, thanks!!!
Old 08-19-2019, 03:30 AM   #1882
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Wow, awesome, the color thing slipped attention!
And thanks for adding icons!
about the color by tag, I don't know why but today in a new project I can't make the tracks color by tag to work, while in other projects it is working mmmm ... I will have to double check
Old 08-19-2019, 06:18 AM   #1883
_Stevie_

I also had some strange things happening here. My whole tags disappeared from a project from one moment to another. Happened several times now but I have no idea what’s causing this. I have to monitor.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #1884
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
I also had some strange things happening here. My whole tags disappeared from a project from one moment to another. Happened several times now but I have no idea what’s causing this. I have to monitor.
that's more worrying. What do you mean from one moment to another?
was it in a project that may have been tagged with old versions of TI? or in a new project tagged for the first time with latest version?
Old 08-19-2019, 10:16 AM   #1885
heda

I've found the reason why tracks color by tag was not working on a new project... Is is really working but there is a small conflict with the automatic (Untagged) tag... so it was using the color of the (Untagged) tag... refreshing the automatic tags solves the issue or clicking the desired tag too.
example:
when a track has more than one tag, which one to choose to use it as color for the track? Select the tag from the list of tags of the selected tracks.. and that tag will be used for the color. example:
Old 08-19-2019, 10:29 AM   #1886
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
that's more worrying. What do you mean from one moment to another?
was it in a project that may have been tagged with old versions of TI? or in a new project tagged for the first time with latest version?
It happened with older projects that I loaded. With "from one moment to another" I meant that it happend without any indication. I did not even touch the tags. *Maybe* I triggered a tag preset (assigned to a shortcut) that wasn't available in that project. Could this be the case? I yet have to figure out when it happens.

Awesome, thanks for the explanation regarding colors, will check it out!
Old 08-19-2019, 02:28 PM   #1887
Mr. Green

Hello,
I'm new to using Track Inspector VIP, and it seems to be working pretty well so far!
I have a few questions:

-When switching between track Versions, I've noticed that TI will un-mute the track if it is muted. Is there a way I can disable this? It's a bit problematic for me because I am using versions for storage and do not wish for the audio to be audible until I un-mute it manually.

-Is it possible to assign key shortcuts for any of the commands in TI? Coming from both Pro Tools and Studio One, I would very much like to carry forward a workflow ability to both create and rename a new track Version with a single key command (if at all possible).

-Also, is it possible for me to hide the track number in the top track name panel? Not a big deal, really. I just don't want or need it.

-I'm only using a select few features if TI - namely Versions, Freeze, FX, Param, Sends, Notepad, and Automation (which I could disable actually). Is there anything I could disable in the settings that might make the script a bit more responsive? Again, not a big deal; just wondering.

Thanks for making this!
Mr. Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:33 PM   #1888
heda

Hello Mr Green
For storage there is an Archive button and a Show all archived tracks button next to it. In the top general panel. Maybe you want to use that for storage instead of track versions. It basically does the same thing muting and making FX offline. But without versions. Let me know if that works for you

I can make shortcuts for any TI commands. Let me know all the actions you are interested.

I don't think there is an option to hide the track ID number... I can't remember... but it could be added.

you can hide or show any of the panels.. from the settings page... (bottom left button)

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:57 PM   #1889
Mr. Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Hello Mr Green
For storage there is an Archive button and a Show all archived tracks button next to it. In the top general panel. Maybe you want to use that for storage instead of track versions. It basically does the same thing muting and making FX offline. But without versions. Let me know if that works for you

I can make shortcuts for any TI commands. Let me know all the actions you are interested.

I don't think there is an option to hide the track ID number... I can't remember... but it could be added.

you can hide or show any of the panels.. from the settings page... (bottom left button)

Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks for the quick response Heda!

Actually, track Versions work a lot better for me than archiving; I use plugs on the track for monitoring, plus I'm actually working with "versions" on a daily basis. But expanding all the Versions and seeing how they interact with hide/show - I think I understand why the auto-unmute is something that cannot really be changed, and honestly that's fine.

The id thing is just an "it would be nice if.." kind of thing - I just wanted to make sure it wasn't already there and I was missing it.

The real time saver for me will be with those shortcuts. What would probably be most useful to me would be the combination of "new track version (duplicate)" combined with "rename track version". Is this something I can tie to a keyboard command via macro or action?

Also, another question:

- Is it possible to remove a track Version from TI without deleting the track?
Mr. Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM   #1890
Skorobagatko

I removed dpmeter3 from Fx Monitor chain and now get this (screeenshot attached). I want to start using dpmeter4 cause on the official website they say "(no longer maintained, please look at dpMeter4)" about dp meter 3. Tried to insert version 4 into Monitor Fx but it's not working. What should I do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TI dp4.JPG (47.3 KB, 8 views)
Skorobagatko is online now   Reply With Quote