Old 07-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
Tonehenge
Human being with feelings

Default Logic X is now "Logical"!

Couldn't resist...acquired Logic X ($199 with all that content)....and it's a profound improvement over v9. Everything has been overhauled, and a relatively well informed DAW person can scoot around it without cracking the manual. Will be checking to see if they have fixed the infamous midi timing on export bugs that have plagued Logic, but so far, it's great! Rewire Reaper into Logic and you've got the most wicked production combo for $400!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
producer

Default Why rewire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonehenge View Post
Couldn't resist...acquired Logic X ($199 with all that content)....and it's a profound improvement over v9. Everything has been overhauled, and a relatively well informed DAW person can scoot around it without cracking the manual. Will be checking to see if they have fixed the infamous midi timing on export bugs that have plagued Logic, but so far, it's great! Rewire Reaper into Logic and you've got the most wicked production combo for $400!
Why do you want to rewire? Or what can't you do Logic.
iMac 4.0 GHz, 32 GB, 1 Tera SSD, MacBook Retina 2.7 GHz, 16 GB, osx 10.12.4, Artist Mix & Control, RME cards + Octamix II, Genelec Monitors, Røde and SE mics, too many plugins. Gibson and Fender el guitars, Martin and Taylor acoustic guitars.
producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Tonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer View Post
Why do you want to rewire? Or what can't you do Logic.
Well...this isn't a question of which is "better". When it comes to hardcore audio editing, Reaper really has no peer. When it comes to music production and composition, Logic is just tremendous. The audio facility of Logic is completely competent, but it really plays second fiddle to Logic's powerful sequencing prowess. Be able to run them side by side occasionally is a nice treat.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #4
producer

Default audio eding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonehenge View Post
Well...this isn't a question of which is "better". When it comes to hardcore audio editing, Reaper really has no peer. When it comes to music production and composition, Logic is just tremendous. The audio facility of Logic is completely competent, but it really plays second fiddle to Logic's powerful sequencing prowess. Be able to run them side by side occasionally is a nice treat.
Agree mostly, you may tweak Reapers editing more, however I find Logic complete ok.
Although for "musical" editing, I think Logic is better, the implementation Flex markers, grooves, comping is more elegant done.
iMac 4.0 GHz, 32 GB, 1 Tera SSD, MacBook Retina 2.7 GHz, 16 GB, osx 10.12.4, Artist Mix & Control, RME cards + Octamix II, Genelec Monitors, Røde and SE mics, too many plugins. Gibson and Fender el guitars, Martin and Taylor acoustic guitars.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #5
preachers

how can u rewire reaper to logic???
i'm in logic 9 now, and it seems no way to rewire this two DAWs. i can't find any rewire plugins in logic's au list.
preachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #6
producer

Default rewire

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachers View Post
i'm in logic 9 now, and it seems no way to rewire this two DAWs. i can't find any rewire plugins in logic's au list.
you have too enable rewire in Logic and create a aux channel - but is does not work properly for some reason, neither for Ableton either. I will reboot and check
Old 08-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
Uglukman

Quote:
You have to create new External MIDI track and then choose Reaper from the Library list. Maybe this will help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBGVZZu9Mto
Uglukman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
preachers

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer View Post
you have too enable rewire in Logic and create a aux channel - but is does not work properly for some reason, neither for Ableton either. I will reboot and check
yeah, it's really buggy!

can't be used as normal
preachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #9
producer

Default what version of rewire are the latest ?

Quote:
yeah, it's really buggy!

can't be used as normal
I think the reason maybe to old rewire version, as it may not get updated when installing latest version of Logic or other DAW ?

I have 1.8.2 and suspect it should be higher.