Old 01-12-2017, 01:54 AM   #1
airon
Human being with feelings

Default Loudness meter on master track

An option to use LUFS momentary(400ms integration time) metering on the master track.

Variable reference, so people can have -23 LUFS for where the colour change occurs, which is what a meter needs to indicate to you, and stuff like -18(replaygain target), ~ -16LUFS (Itunes), ~ -13LUFS (Youtube downward normalization target) or others.

This is all useful since the master track can be in its own window in addition to being part of the mixer view.

A short term LUFS option is of course a welcome addition(3000ms integration time).

Longterm fun stuff is to add a normalization target in the render window and batch converter, likely via 32-bit FP files with an FX chain picked to function as a Truepeak limiterfor the secons pass. That would remove most of the manual normalization work one does when rendering.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:59 AM   #2
emarsk

+1

I miss Ardour's metering options. As a workaround, I use Martin Zuther's K-Meter and traKmeter plugins: http://www.mzuther.de/en/software/
emarsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
juhhie

I'm currently using Youlean Loudness Meter and TB EBU Loudness v3 for EBU R128 LUFS loudness metering. Both are free.
juhhie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:03 AM   #4
Masi

Folks have asked for LUFS support in Reaper a number of times. Besides LUFS for master they wanted also LUFS normalization.

Yes, there are many free/cheap LUFS meters around, but it would be nifty to have it built in Reaper.

The master VU meter would get an option to show peak/RMS or true-peak/average. For LUFS the windows size should only be set to 400ms (momentary) or 3000ms (short-term).

Masi
Masi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
fundorin
Banned

bump up
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:06 AM   #6
heda

I have done some scripts that are top secret. Track Inspector VIP script does all airon's requests. And Render LUFS script does the auto second pass rendering fun stuff with the limiter.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:41 AM   #7
SubbaseDnB

would be nice to have that natively in Reaper
SubbaseDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #8
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubbaseDnB View Post
would be nice to have that natively in Reaper
sure...
but with scripts you also have the possibility to customize it as you want, which is REAPER's strength.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:52 PM   #9
SubbaseDnB

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
sure...
but with scripts you also have the possibility to customize it as you want, which is REAPER's strength.
i agree scripts in reaper can be a powerful thing.but they also has the possibility to stop working if they are not maintained,or if something in Reaper change

thats why i vote for this to be natively in Reaper
SubbaseDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:12 AM   #10
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubbaseDnB View Post
i agree scripts in reaper can be a powerful thing.but they also has the possibility to stop working if they are not maintained,or if something in Reaper change

thats why i vote for this to be natively in Reaper
I understand. And it is always better for performance if it is done natively than scripts. But you have the option to hope native implementation and wait maybe years or forever, or do a script and make it as you need.
REAPER is very good at maintaining compatibility of scripts. If something is changed in the API, it usually is done under a new API function name to maintain compatibility.
In general devs are very good at knowing what can be scripted or not and they put more effort in coding what must be done natively.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:04 PM   #11
shaun

+1

I own plenty of plugin options for showing LUFS (FabFilter, iZotope, etc.) but having this as a native master metering option (or really any meter...) would be amazing.
shaun is offline   Reply With Quote