Old 07-11-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
Denys
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and Little Snitch

Hello everyone, I'm having a few issues with Reaper and Little Snitch, a firewall allowing the user to check every single connection on his Mac.

When I launch Reaper, I have a window reporting a connection to rc.reaper.fm (which is probably the connection needed for the web browser interface). As you probably know, Little Snitch gives you the choice to allow or deny the connection. I decided to allow it forever but the window keeps popping up, so I contacted the Little Snitch support to know what to do. According to them, it could be an "App Translocation" issue.

Quote:
Anyway - my first assumption would be that your Reaper app is affected by so called 'App Translocation’, which is a security feature of macOS Sierra that puts apps into a quarantine when they are not properly installed in your /Applications folder.

This is just an assumption, but in case the process path in the Little Snitch Alert Window details refers so some temporary /private/var/ location, this is likely what it is about.
Please then have a look at our blog-post about this issue:

https://blog.obdev.at/gatekeeper-and...-snitch-rules/

It will then likely help to keep the Reaper app-bundle located directly in your /Applications folder, so I kindly ask you to move it there via Finder and start it from there.
screen.jpg

As my Reaper app is already in the Applications folder, I think it could be something the Reaper team could fix. By the way I am the only one facing this problem? Any Little Snitch user around?
Denys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:20 AM   #2
minotaur

I have the same issue as yours, although only on one of my Macbook Pros, both running High Sierra. I don't understand at all why this is happening to be honest...
minotaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:56 AM   #3
minotaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denys View Post
As my Reaper app is already in the Applications folder, I think it could be something the Reaper team could fix. By the way I am the only one facing this problem? Any Little Snitch user around?
Anyway, I have found this fix, this might interest you:

https://blog.obdev.at/gatekeeper-and...-snitch-rules/
minotaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:23 AM   #4
Justin
Administrator

It seems there's a bug with Gatekeeper which causes it to use app translocation if you copy both REAPER.app and ReaMote.app to your Applications folder before running REAPER. If you just copy REAPER.app (and not ReaMote), and then run REAPER from Applications, it should run without translocation (then, after you've run it, you can install ReaMote, if you use ReaMote).
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote