Old 02-18-2018, 09:03 AM   #281
Bri1
Human being with feelings
 
Bri1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: England
Posts: 1,397
Default

Quote:
just an orphaned theme.
I'm ready to adopt this orphan
Feed the children of the world,not starve them eh.
A v.5 theme would appear out of place in a v.6 update....right? it's getting closer each day.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:07 AM   #282
BaniBani
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 27
Default

This is amazing!! Its really really beautiful.

The tcp is the best I have ever seen by far. The few things that are "missing" I actually find to be excellent features that make my eyes rest (the lack of indentation in folders or the flatness of the track pannels, for example).

I'd like to suggest a layout for the MCP and didn't want to come empty handed so here is a... sample? (attached)

No record in/out, just because I really don't use those often at all.
No pan knob. It saves an enormous amount of space and once panning is set there is not that much use for them...
I loved the in/out and routing buttons at the bottom so those two elements are in...
Monitoring and record arm...
And than above that just fx. Maybe one of those red meters. And for sure a clipping light.

Now... I don't actually think WT will do such a layout (he loves pan knobs, apparently) nor do I have any clue on how to do it other than in photoshop so I'm asking... is there any way that could be done? Editing the theme somehow?

And if not... is it possible to get that TCP-playlist look on other themes? Copying and pasting from the rtconfig.txt or something?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thingy track 1.jpg (24.0 KB, 181 views)
BaniBani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:22 PM   #283
Opcode 7
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 41
Default

An update where one can create subfolder groups with this theme would be nice. Would donate
Opcode 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #284
Jeronimo
Human being with feelings
 
Jeronimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 484
Default

I'm also up for Donating once it's done!
__________________
www.jeracravo.com
Jeronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:37 PM   #285
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 4,931
Default

The truth is you can be orphaned again and again and again. The truth is, you will be. And the secret is, this will hurt less and less each time until you can't feel a thing
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:30 AM   #286
estsunrecords
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 12
Default

Sorry for the question (here totally newbie in reaper)
I try to make a white arragment on imperial theme and have strange regions colored
Any help ?

(solved, error from me putting bad files in theme )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (52.4 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by estsunrecords; 03-04-2018 at 09:46 AM.
estsunrecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:15 AM   #287
Bri1
Human being with feelings
 
Bri1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: England
Posts: 1,397
Default

What day is it?? is it? https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183627 |yet?
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:30 AM   #288
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 4,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
It's the day of being orphaned......The truth is you can be orphaned again and again and again. The truth is, you will be. And the secret is, this will hurt less and less each time until you can't feel a thing.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:42 AM   #289
Bri1
Human being with feelings
 
Bri1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: England
Posts: 1,397
Default

Feed the children-feed them WT Imperial v5 .
3times daily-thankyou.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:20 PM   #290
Luxmaji
Human being with feelings
 
Luxmaji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
It's not the delay, it's the lack of communication. The adult thing to say is:

1. It's not gonna happen, sorry.
2. I'm 1 year away still.
3. It's done but I'm charging for it.
Agree.

He could care less what any of us think of his work. Sadly, his silence proves this to be true. Scores of enthusiastic people complementing, admiring/praising his year worth of hard work, and nothing to say in return.

L
Luxmaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:44 AM   #291
woogish
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 165
Default

"Speculation is often treated as fact and then confuses actual facts creating alternative facts and that results in idiots running our country".

In case you're not aware of it, the idiots running our country are the voters......on BOTH sides.
woogish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:54 AM   #292
4x4uk
Human being with feelings
 
4x4uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 456
Default

surely you mean ruining the country not running the country lol
4x4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:26 AM   #293
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 4,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woogish View Post
"Speculation is often treated as fact and then confuses actual facts creating alternative facts and that results in idiots running our country".

In case you're not aware of it, the idiots running our country are the voters......on BOTH sides.
Let's keep politics out of this. A huge number of fine Reaper users are not even from the US and care not a bit about our idiotic country.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:29 AM   #294
Judders
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 5,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Let's keep politics out of this. A huge number of fine Reaper users are not even from the US and care not a bit about our idiotic country.
Yeah, let's keep that in the lounge, where it belongs.

I'm mindful of the fact that this is a labour of love, and not something being done for money, so if it appears I'll be happy, but I don't feel entitled to it. I don't even feel entitled to communication about it. If it turns up, it's a gift. Pestering someone about the gift they may or may not give you seems rude to me...
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:44 AM   #295
Bri1
Human being with feelings
 
Bri1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: England
Posts: 1,397
Default

Quote:
Pestering someone about the gift they may or may not give you seems rude to me...
Agreed^ it does--but it's also human nature to be inquisitive/curious.No harm in a gentle bumb every now n then eh...
I hope this appears shortly-- knowing White Tie is alive because of recent postings,still we do not know if man,woman,beast or just pure pixel pusher.
Happy to be a user of any pixels that may be pushed this way... crossing eyes to be sure as well as mantra now. 8-)
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:54 AM   #296
Judders
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 5,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
Agreed^ it does--but it's also human nature to be inquisitive/curious.No harm in a gentle bumb every now n then eh...
I hope this appears shortly-- knowing White Tie is alive because of recent postings,still we do not know if man,woman,beast or just pure pixel pusher.
Happy to be a user of any pixels that may be pushed this way... crossing eyes to be sure as well as mantra now. 8-)
I liked your daily mantra. That was cute, not rude
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:17 AM   #297
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 4,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
Yeah, let's keep that in the lounge, where it belongs.

I'm mindful of the fact that this is a labour of love, and not something being done for money, so if it appears I'll be happy, but I don't feel entitled to it. I don't even feel entitled to communication about it. If it turns up, it's a gift. Pestering someone about the gift they may or may not give you seems rude to me...

I agree with the not being entitled to the theme in any way but I do think that when you put something out in public and create EXPECTATIONS by saying (...should take me 6 months...) then a courteous thing to do is provide some simple adult communication about it even if the communication is to say "I'm done with it". Assuming he not in some emergency (which I hope he is not) then I expect a basic communication since expectations have been created. At least that's how my momma taught me and how I expect everyone I work with to act. It's nothing more than basic communication.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:27 AM   #298
Judders
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 5,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
I agree with the not being entitled to the theme in any way but I do think that when you put something out in public and create EXPECTATIONS by saying (...should take me 6 months...) then a courteous thing to do is provide some simple adult communication about it even if the communication is to say "I'm done with it". Assuming he not in some emergency (which I hope he is not) then I expect a basic communication since expectations have been created. At least that's how my momma taught me and how I expect everyone I work with to act. It's nothing more than basic communication.
Sure, but I'd still keep it to myself instead of whinging to the person. But this is Britain, where everybody ignores everything while secretly judging everyone

It's just a REAPER theme, at the end of the day, and it will be ready when it's ready... or not.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:58 AM   #299
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 4,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
Sure, but I'd still keep it to myself instead of whinging to the person. But this is Britain, where everybody ignores everything while secretly judging everyone

It's just a REAPER theme, at the end of the day, and it will be ready when it's ready... or not.
The key is that "It's just a REAPER theme". It's definitely not worth getting worked up about but here in 'MERICA the way we handle people who don't show basic courtesy is to say:



But then when the response is insufficient we say:

Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:54 PM   #300
WKG
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
Yeah, let's keep that in the lounge, where it belongs.

I'm mindful of the fact that this is a labour of love, and not something being done for money, so if it appears I'll be happy, but I don't feel entitled to it. I don't even feel entitled to communication about it. If it turns up, it's a gift. Pestering someone about the gift they may or may not give you seems rude to me...
Great point.

Way too much entitlement in this place and it get embarrassing to see. If I wanted a theme that bad I'd go learn how to create it myself before pestering the author. And If I posted a project here I certainly wouldn't yield to it, I'd drop the project completely before I did that.
WKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:37 PM   #301
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 4,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKG View Post
Great point.

Way too much entitlement in this place and it get embarrassing to see. If I wanted a theme that bad I'd go learn how to create it myself before pestering the author. And If I posted a project here I certainly wouldn't yield to it, I'd drop the project completely before I did that.

WKG, I think you are incorrect. The users I've seen post here IN NO WAY have acted entitled, they simply expect adult communication as do I. NOTHING MORE. They would be fine with "I'm NEVER FINISHING IT".
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #302
Doc Brown
Human being with feelings
 
Doc Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
WKG, I think you are incorrect. The users I've seen post here IN NO WAY have acted entitled, they simply expect adult communication as do I. NOTHING MORE. They would be fine with "I'm NEVER FINISHING IT".
I might be in the minority but I don't think any communication is required of him whatsoever. He never stated or implied status updates on a regular or irregular basis and never gave anyone a timeline for completion.
__________________
Intel I7 2600/ 16 gigs ram/ system drive-samples drive-audio drive- backup drive/ windows 7 64/ Reaper 64/ focusrite 18i20
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #303
drichard
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 352
Default

You just made his point. When someone is donating their time and effort to you, having ANY expectation is entitlement. You are owed nothing. Nada. Not communication, not updates, not anything. The person is giving you a gift. When you pay for something, you have a right to expect communication, etc.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
WKG, I think you are incorrect. The users I've seen post here IN NO WAY have acted entitled, they simply expect adult communication as do I. NOTHING MORE. They would be fine with "I'm NEVER FINISHING IT".
drichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:08 AM   #304
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 4,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichard View Post
You just made his point. When someone is donating their time and effort to you, having ANY expectation is entitlement. You are owed nothing. Nada. Not communication, not updates, not anything. The person is giving you a gift. When you pay for something, you have a right to expect communication, etc.
Your idea of what entitlement is pretty damn warped. When someone says they're going to do something in 6 months then they create an expectation. Simply being an adult and updating people on the expectation you created barring any real life emergency is just being an adult and nothing more. I'm done discussing this topic as it seems apparent I'm dealing with children who do not know how basic adult communication works. Good luck in life.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:54 AM   #305
Judders
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 5,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
I'm done discussing this topic as it seems apparent I'm dealing with children who do not know how basic adult communication works. Good luck in life.




(Meant in a light-hearted manner)
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:27 AM   #306
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 4,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post




(Meant in a light-hearted manner)
He he, nicely played sir.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:31 AM   #307
Judders
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 5,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
He he, nicely played sir.
Glad you took it in the spirit it was posted

Anyway; WHERE'S MY DAMN THEME?!
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:41 AM   #308
Doc Brown
Human being with feelings
 
Doc Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Your idea of what entitlement is pretty damn warped. When someone says they're going to do something in 6 months then they create an expectation.
You're quote is in red. What he actually said was "6 months to go would be my guess". I trust you can identify the glaring difference between your version and what was actually stated.
__________________
Intel I7 2600/ 16 gigs ram/ system drive-samples drive-audio drive- backup drive/ windows 7 64/ Reaper 64/ focusrite 18i20
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #309
Bri1
Human being with feelings
 
Bri1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: England
Posts: 1,397
Default

Heh- and so,after some light astral travelling 1 has discovered pixels are being pushed-and pushed at a rate of incredible speeds!!
Sweeties are comming to this shop!! tasty sweets 'n' treats that will be bigger than king kong's 1st dump of the day.
Won't be long now kiddiez... just wait n see>> a monstererous work of art is being created!!! it's huge!!! lol.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #310
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 4,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
You're quote is in red. What he actually said was "6 months to go would be my guess". I trust you can identify the glaring difference between your version and what was actually stated.
As my downs syndrome niece says "whatever".
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:18 PM   #311
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 4,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
Heh- and so,after some light astral travelling 1 has discovered pixels are being pushed-and pushed at a rate of incredible speeds!!
Sweeties are comming to this shop!! tasty sweets 'n' treats that will be bigger than king kong's 1st dump of the day.
Won't be long now kiddiez... just wait n see>> a monstererous work of art is being created!!! it's huge!!! lol.
So you're saying there's a chance.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:00 PM   #312
BobF
Human being with feelings
 
BobF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 572
Default

Maybe WT got married before he could finish it
__________________
--
Reaper 5 x64/SONAR Plat./Studio One 3P, Win10 Pro x64, UMC1820, Roland FA 06, FaderPort
i7-6700@3.8G/32G
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:07 PM   #313
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 4,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
Maybe WT got married before he could finish it
That would be enough to put an end to anything
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #314
Bri1
Human being with feelings
 
Bri1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: England
Posts: 1,397
Default

Quote:
So you're saying there's a chance.
^ >>More than<<
Do you rea lly believe White Tie would go so far and just give-up?? lolz..

Quote:
That would be enough to put an end to anything
^quick----- run!!!!!!! there's an angry mob of newly weds just outside!!
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #315
SoulOne82
Human being with feelings
 
SoulOne82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Illville - Germany
Posts: 879
Default

Did you guys not get the beta version via email?

I am rocking the theme as I type










































































not.

__________________
Wood side panels, custom knobs, parts & upgrades for Maschine and the MPC range | Website | Soundcloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by strunkdts View Post
MIDI will outlive humanity.
SoulOne82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:35 PM   #316
WKG
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 87
Default

The current version is available in the link in the first post.
WKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:03 PM   #317
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)
 
Ollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: On or near a dike
Posts: 9,672
Default

From the Imperial V4 thread, 2012:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
I think he got tired of working on it and enjoys the drama. I'm sure it's a lot of tedious work. It seems to also show how hard Walter is to use when it takes so long to complete a theme. This thread is very sad for me. So much promise and so little movement. It reminds me why I left Cubase.

What strikes me is that this theme will likely be a very desirable theme when it is out and possibly propel Reaper to a new level of envy and desire in Daws. With that much potential I would have expected it to be finished quickly. Maybe there are some extenuating family circumstances preventing its completion but here we are a year later and no real communication about progress and timeframe. Like I said, this thread makes me sad because of what it might mean to the Reaper brand in the Pro DAW world but as yet is unrealized and seemingly stalled for reasons unknown.

Some genuine communication would be nice.
I'm sorry, after reading this (the current) thread it seems to me 99.9% of all posters in the current (this) thread did not make a drama out of it, I may be wrong but so far I can only see one person making a drama out of it (again)? At least there are no strange assumptions on who might enjoy the drama this time.

As for the communication, I think that old v4 thread (and several others) may have taught WT to not post too much (if anything) in such threads, because things usually go even more downhill from there. It was probably not a good idea to post an estimate on the time needed to finish the theme, when all he wanted is to get the WALTER out for others to play with. It's quite unusual in the REAPER world to make guesses like that, and I think most of us can see what one of the reasons for that might be. I can also see how this thread might be reducing the likelihood of communication even more, I know I wouldn't want to spend ages on phrasing something that couldn't get twisted against me, if I don't have to.

Sorry if I get unusually deep into defending WT here, but I know he wouldn't try to defend himself against stuff he shouldn't be bothered with in first place.

Last edited by Ollie; 03-20-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:57 PM   #318
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 4,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
From the Imperial V4 thread, 2012:



I'm sorry, after reading this (the current) thread it seems to me 99.9% of all posters in the current (this) thread did not make a drama out of it, I may be wrong but so far I can only see one person making a drama out of it (again)? At least there are no strange assumptions on who might enjoy the drama this time.

As for the communication, I think that old v4 thread (and several others) may have taught WT to not post too much (if anything) in such threads, because things usually go even more downhill from there. It was probably not a good idea to post an estimate on the time needed to finish the theme, when all he wanted is to get the WALTER out for others to play with. It's quite unusual in the REAPER world to make guesses like that, and I think most of us can see what one of the reasons for that might be. I can also see how this thread might be reducing the likelihood of communication even more, I know I wouldn't want to spend ages on phrasing something that couldn't get twisted against me, if I don't have to.

Sorry if I get unusually deep into defending WT here, but I know he wouldn't try to defend himself against stuff he shouldn't be bothered with in first place.
Thanks for the perspective Ollie. Wishing the best for all and the epic theme.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:40 AM   #319
Bri1
Human being with feelings
 
Bri1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: England
Posts: 1,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie
say:

Lol Ollie=super moderator (has feelings)
WT imperial v5> for the worldwidewin.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.