Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-08-2020, 12:59 PM   #8001
spkr4thdd
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
I didnt even see that you posted kind of the same right before i did. Yes that would be sweet. It realy woud make CSI perfect (for me anyway) i probly would never bother Geoff again . Ok maybe for the master meter haha but i would definitely give him a long break from my newbieness haha
It seems we're looking at similar things for different surfaces?

So, I've no managed to get lights to be On/Off or Flash/Off, but not tri-state (think that might need some SWS Cycle Action arguments??), but it's a start!

I've also managed actions on a button to light/flash an LED on another, but ideally I'd like to do both! (See my Stack FeedBack question previous to this post).

Geoff, if it's any help for sorting this, I've noticed that for any button which should only light when being pressed that I define in the "Button|" zone, the light seems to be stuck in the state it starts in regardless of on/off?

Last edited by spkr4thdd; 04-08-2020 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Corrected statement about fixed state of button LEDs.
spkr4thdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:07 PM   #8002
spkr4thdd

Default LED State - On, Flash, Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Ossarium View Post
Me too. Come on Michael - let us know the trick!
Guys, for the X-Touch the lights respond to the following values:

00 = Off
01 = Flashing
02-7F = On

So far I've managed to get them to be Off/On or Off/Flash but not Off/Flash/On. For example:

This will flash Record Arm on channel 1 when pressed:
Code:
Widget RecordArm1
	Press 90 00 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 00 01 90 00 00
WidgetEnd
Whereas this will turn it on:
Code:
Widget RecordArm1
	Press 90 00 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 00 7F 90 00 00
WidgetEnd
I'm looking at the SWS Cycle Action extension now to see if 'IF' arguments can provide the tri-state function or allow me to stack feedback (light up the record arm, and flash the Record button until actually recording)...

... I may be some time...
Old 04-08-2020, 05:19 PM   #8003
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkr4thdd View Post

So, I've no managed to get lights to be On/Off or Flash/Off, but not tri-state (think that might need some SWS Cycle Action arguments??), but it's a start!

I've also managed actions on a button to light/flash an LED on another, but ideally I'd like to do both! (See my Stack FeedBack question previous to this post).

Geoff, if it's any help for sorting this, I've noticed that for any button which should only light when being pressed that I define in the "Button|" zone, the light seems to be stuck in the state it starts in regardless of on/off?
Yes i see what you want to accomplish. Im just looking for the button to stay lit while im in that mode or in that action. I pretty sure its my surface and ill hafta just live with it. But is that stack mapping you got there doing something ??
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:49 PM   #8004
tdc

Quote:
I'm looking at the SWS Cycle Action extension now to see if 'IF' arguments can provide the tri-state function or allow me to stack feedback (light up the record arm, and flash the Record button until actually recording)...
Oh lord this is going to be fun! CSI --> Cycle Actions :-)
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:13 PM   #8005
tdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Ok, so you are using TouchOSC C4Emu patch and successfully getting Stop and Play to work in Reaper?
Only the Button Indicators on the iPad are lighting up for stop and play, and they are not triggering any actions - only displaying state. No other commands from CSI to iPad via OSC.

I am able to build an interface and get it working fine with the Reaper OSC module, but with CSI, I can only get interactions when I have the Zone "Channel|1-8" running.

To restate my intention. As the EuCon implementation is reduced, and the Midi Fighter Twister has no displays, I want to build an OSC interface for a device like an old iPad / phone to use as a HUD. I would build some text displays that would show various values and names like currently touched parameter and value etc.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:21 PM   #8006
Funkybot

Quote:
Guys, for the X-Touch the lights respond to the following values:

00 = Off
01 = Flashing
02-7F = On

So far I've managed to get them to be Off/On or Off/Flash but not Off/Flash/On. For example:

This will flash Record Arm on channel 1 when pressed:
Code:
Widget RecordArm1
	Press 90 00 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 00 01 90 00 00
WidgetEnd
Whereas this will turn it on:
Code:
Widget RecordArm1
	Press 90 00 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 00 7F 90 00 00
WidgetEnd

... I may be some time...
Great tip. Thanks!
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:36 PM   #8007
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
If you parse all the included folders like you do with the FX Zones, it's up to peeps to decide how messy they want to be

Some people go for an enormous flat list, some divide everything up into folders. They have to use unique names either way, because it all ends up in memory at start up.
They don't need unique names, that's the point, you could have many LogTaper.scn files with different content for different contexts (e.g. surface + FX) in different locations.

Quote:
II see it being less confusing if all the .scn files are in one master folder, regardless of how that folder ends up being subdivided to fit the individual's organisational proclivities.

EDIT: Re-reading your post, I think maybe you're suggesting they all go in one folder, just with a more formalised sub-folder structure. Does a file's prescence in a particular sub-folder affect it's use in any way?
This is for human readability/interaction, nothing to do with technical implementation.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:43 PM   #8008
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Only the Button Indicators on the iPad are lighting up for stop and play, and they are not triggering any actions - only displaying state. No other commands from CSI to iPad via OSC.

I am able to build an interface and get it working fine with the Reaper OSC module, but with CSI, I can only get interactions when I have the Zone "Channel|1-8" running.

To restate my intention. As the EuCon implementation is reduced, and the Midi Fighter Twister has no displays, I want to build an OSC interface for a device like an old iPad / phone to use as a HUD. I would build some text displays that would show various values and names like currently touched parameter and value etc.
Cool, so just to be clear you are using the TouchOSC editor to generate interfaces ?

If so you would have input names or accepted the defaults -- e.g. /display12

Now you just have to make an OSC widget:

Code:
Widget "Display12"
        FB_Processor /display12
WidgetEnd
Apologies if you've already done this

Then it's just a matter of .zon files, that part is the same for every type (Midi, OSC, EuCon).

Perhaps post your .ost and .zon file content, we'll have a look.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:12 PM   #8009
poetnprophet

Quote:
Sorry, missed this.

Things are generally working for most folks so it's either the mapping or the surface or both.

What surface are you using ?

Maybe there are known issues.

Please also post the Shift Widget .mst definition and the mapping to the Shift Action in the .zon file.
Hi Geoff, I also have actions assigned to the ProX and the Xtouch mini, and have mentioned before about some Reaper actions that are assigned to buttons will stay lit on the surface (when they should be toggles or no light). I have examples of some that work properly, and some that dont. Below are just a few examples, I have some others I can post tomorrow night. If there is a way to override this without losing the overall functionality that would be well!

for instance, I have a custom action also assigned to all transport buttons. Normally transport buttons light up accordingly, but with the custom action included, they all stay lit. It's not the end of the world, it's just one of those things...

Stay lit actions
- Custom actions
- Move playback/edit cursor

Proper toggle light actions
- all automation modes
- toggle pre-roll
- toggle loop/repeat

No light actions:
- dynamic split
- heal items
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:20 PM   #8010
MixMonkey

Quote:
They don't need unique names, that's the point, you could have many LogTaper.scn files with different content for different contexts (e.g. surface + FX) in different locations.
Hmmm... I'm not sure having identically named files with different content in different locations is going to be that easy to manage.

If all the .scn files were in one folder (with as many different subfolders as needed) and they all had unique names that could be used to call them from within Zones, that seems easier to digest to me.

I'm trying to see the advantages of having them in different locations, but not really coming up with anything.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:11 PM   #8011
tdc

Quote:
Cool, so just to be clear you are using the TouchOSC editor to generate interfaces ?
<snip>
Perhaps post your .ost and .zon file content, we'll have a look.
OK done lots of bugging out and there seems to be an issue with sending out OSC from the CSI implementation. Is this a bug, or am I at fault. To aid the bugging out process I made a small MaxMSP Patch to act as an OSC Bridge/Sniffer so I can see what messages are flowing to and from Reaper.

Using the inbuilt Reaper OSC Module, I can get in and out working fine, but when I change to the CSI version, I am only receiving OSC into Reaper, but nothing is coming out.

Quote:
// TDC OSC Test

Zone "Home"
OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
IncludedZones
"Channel|1-2"
"Buttons|"
IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
TrackNavigator
DisplayUpper| TrackNameDisplay
DisplayLower| TrackPanDisplay
Rotary| TrackPan
Fader| TrackVolum
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons|"
Stop Stop
Play Play
ZoneEnd
Quote:
/////////// TDC TouchOSC Test ////////////

/////////// Pots / Encoders ////////////

Widget Rotary1
Control /rotary1
FB_Processor /rotary1
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary2
Control /rotary2
FB_Processor /Rotary2
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader1
Control /Fader1
FB_Processor /Fader1
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader2
Control /Fader2
FB_Processor /Fader2
WidgetEnd

/////////// Displays ////////////

Widget DisplayUpper1
FB_Processor /DisplayUpper1
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower1
FB_Processor /DisplayLower1
WidgetEnd

Widget OLED
FB_Processor /OLED
WidgetEnd

Widget Play
Control /Play
FB_Processor /Play
WidgetEnd

/////////// Buttons ////////////

Widget Stop
Control /Stop
FB_Processor /Stop
WidgetEnd

I have triple checked IP and Ports, and as I said, these work fine with the inbuilt Reaper OSC module.

One last thing I have wondered about is CSI OSC happy assigned an output IP as the local machine? I have tried both 127.0.0.1 and my machines IP, 192.168.0.46.

Grateful for any help pointing out where i have gone wrong? I am really keen to solidify my understanding of CSI.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:04 PM   #8012
tdc

Quick question Geoff,

Back working on the EuCon and MFT setup. Am I right to think that due to the Modifiers on the Avid S3 Surface not currently being supported by CSI, that messages like this are of no use to me?
Quote:
Option+Select| TrackUniqueSelect
Is the Option in that statement only related to the S3 (its in the EuCon ZON), or can it be the keyboard or even another device?
Old 04-08-2020, 10:45 PM   #8013
tdc

Hey Geoff, could you explain the 5 options in the lower part of this dialogue and how they work in relation to other messages that appear to do the same thing? Are the same thing, or do they clash?

Quote:
OnFXFocus MapFocusedFXToWidgets
Old 04-09-2020, 12:02 AM   #8014
tdc

Refreshing Surfaces doesn't seem to work for Midi CSI modules here, I need to reboot Reaper, is this a known issue or is it just my system?
Old 04-09-2020, 02:05 AM   #8015
spkr4thdd

Quote:
Refreshing Surfaces doesn't seem to work for Midi CSI modules here, I need to reboot Reaper, is this a known issue or is it just my system?
Works here. I’ve assigned the action to the ‘*’ on my number pad on my keyboard and just tap it every time I edit a .zon or the rare times I edit my .mst file.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:14 AM   #8016
tdc

Quote:
Works here. I’ve assigned the action to the ‘*’ on my number pad on my keyboard and just tap it every time I edit a .zon or the rare times I edit my .mst file.
Thanks for letting me know! I will do some work to work out why the Midi Devices don't come on line after a refresh here. EuCon does though.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:22 AM   #8017
tdc

Hi gang, how does CSI handle toggling states?

I have the MFT set to trigger an Action (to bypass the focused FX). Is working as expected in that each press of the knob triggers the toggle script.

I am trying to then set the colour of the LEDs for that knob to reflect the state of the Bypass.

My .ZON
Quote:
Press4 Reaper _RS5bf653642222c500b0f33ad11ab015810a766f96 { 90 255 0 255 50 0 }
My .MST
Quote:
Widget Press4
Press b1 03 7f
FB_MFT_RGB b1 03 7f
WidgetEnd
When I load the session, the appropriate LED's turn red, and stay that way, but the button press works as expected. Seems like the button stays in the ON state?

Thanks, tdc
Old 04-09-2020, 03:51 AM   #8018
kram0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kram0 View Post
This might be a bug...I'm still in the set-up stage.

CSI Edit Mode window will not open. Even from a freshly launched instance of Reaper.

** I CAN open it if I first go to Preferences => Control/OSC/web, Edit the "Control Surface Integrator", then click OK on the edit window.
Hi Geoff.
I just dropped in the dll's from April 7th and I still have the same issue...
kram0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:30 AM   #8019
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

Yup tri state is on the to do list, a few things to get to first.

That said, @MixMonkey created Radio buttons out of thin air, so have a go if you're up for it -- you probably need a separate widget/action for each state !!
Old 04-09-2020, 04:33 AM   #8020
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Hi Geoff, I also have actions assigned to the ProX and the Xtouch mini, and have mentioned before about some Reaper actions that are assigned to buttons will stay lit on the surface (when they should be toggles or no light). I have examples of some that work properly, and some that dont. Below are just a few examples, I have some others I can post tomorrow night. If there is a way to override this without losing the overall functionality that would be well!

for instance, I have a custom action also assigned to all transport buttons. Normally transport buttons light up accordingly, but with the custom action included, they all stay lit. It's not the end of the world, it's just one of those things...

Stay lit actions
- Custom actions
- Move playback/edit cursor

Proper toggle light actions
- all automation modes
- toggle pre-roll
- toggle loop/repeat

No light actions:
- dynamic split
- heal items
Ah yes, Reaper Actions, here's how you know:

Open the Action list.

Check the value in at the State column -- it will either be off or on.

If you see that, the lights will behave properly.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:45 AM   #8021
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hmmm... I'm not sure having identically named files with different content in different locations is going to be that easy to manage.

If all the .scn files were in one folder (with as many different subfolders as needed) and they all had unique names that could be used to call them from within Zones, that seems easier to digest to me.

I'm trying to see the advantages of having them in different locations, but not really coming up with anything.
You might need the ability to locally override.

Think there is a reasonable solution though.

The syntax is:

Code:
        someButton3 someAction3 [ LogTaper.scn ]
The behaviour:

Look in folder where the .zon file resides.

If there is a folder named Tables and there is a LogTaper.scn in there, use it.

If not look in CSI/Tables for LogTaper.scn.

If you can't find it there, bail, and don't assign stepped values.

What do you think ?
Old 04-09-2020, 04:52 AM   #8022
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
OK done lots of bugging out and there seems to be an issue with sending out OSC from the CSI implementation. Is this a bug, or am I at fault. To aid the bugging out process I made a small MaxMSP Patch to act as an OSC Bridge/Sniffer so I can see what messages are flowing to and from Reaper.

Using the inbuilt Reaper OSC Module, I can get in and out working fine, but when I change to the CSI version, I am only receiving OSC into Reaper, but nothing is coming out.
I have triple checked IP and Ports, and as I said, these work fine with the inbuilt Reaper OSC module.

One last thing I have wondered about is CSI OSC happy assigned an output IP as the local machine? I have tried both 127.0.0.1 and my machines IP, 192.168.0.46.

Grateful for any help pointing out where i have gone wrong? I am really keen to solidify my understanding of CSI.
What does CSI Input Monitor show when you press Play ?
Old 04-09-2020, 04:58 AM   #8023
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Quick question Geoff,

Back working on the EuCon and MFT setup. Am I right to think that due to the Modifiers on the Avid S3 Surface not currently being supported by CSI, that messages like this are of no use to me?

Code:
Option+Select| TrackUniqueSelect
Is the Option in that statement only related to the S3 (its in the EuCon ZON), or can it be the keyboard or even another device?
Since EuCon doesn't export the modifier keys, they are not part of the CSI world.

For me, the Option key and all other modifiers are located on the Launchpad, and yes they affect all surfaces.

You can set this up on any convenient surface -- Midi or OSC, just not the EuCon surface
Old 04-09-2020, 05:03 AM   #8024
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hey Geoff, could you explain the 5 options in the lower part of this dialogue and how they work in relation to other messages that appear to do the same thing? Are the same thing, or do they clash?

There is a two step process to show the Sends:

Code:
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		"Buttons|"
		"Channel|1-8"
		"MasterChannel|"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons|"
	Send 		ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends
The checkbox options eliminate the need for the button press to toggle the mapping on and off.

We should add some explanation to the wiki...
Old 04-09-2020, 05:05 AM   #8025
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know! I will do some work to work out why the Midi Devices don't come on line after a refresh here. EuCon does though.
Thanks, put a possible fix in next build.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:08 AM   #8026
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi gang, how does CSI handle toggling states?

I have the MFT set to trigger an Action (to bypass the focused FX). Is working as expected in that each press of the knob triggers the toggle script.

I am trying to then set the colour of the LEDs for that knob to reflect the state of the Bypass.

My .ZON

My .MST

When I load the session, the appropriate LED's turn red, and stay that way, but the button press works as expected. Seems like the button stays in the ON state?

Thanks, tdc
If you open up the Reaper action list and check the State column, any actions that provide feedback for the light state will have either off or on listed in the State column.

If that column is blank the light will not behave correctly, usually either always off or always on.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:09 AM   #8027
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by kram0 View Post
Hi Geoff.
I just dropped in the dll's from April 7th and I still have the same issue...
Thanks, still don't understand this one.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:33 AM   #8028
tdc

Quote:
The behaviour:

Look in folder where the .zon file resides.

If there is a folder named Tables and there is a LogTaper.scn in there, use it.

If not look in CSI/Tables for LogTaper.scn.

If you can't find it there, bail, and don't assign stepped values.

What do you think ?
This is traditional UNIX behaviour is it not, seems intuitive.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:39 AM   #8029
tdc

Quote:
Since EuCon doesn't export the modifier keys, they are not part of the CSI world.
Yes, I appreciate that.

Quote:
For me, the Option key and all other modifiers are located on the Launchpad, and yes they affect all surfaces.

You can set this up on any convenient surface -- Midi or OSC, just not the EuCon surface
Ok cool. So, if I had a midi controller, I could make any button on it become a Shift key? For example.
Quote:
Widget ButtonFoo
Press b1 00 7f
WidgetEnd
And then in my Zone "Home" I could place something like:
Quote:
ButtonFoo Shift

Last edited by tdc; 04-09-2020 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:44 AM   #8030
tdc

Quote:
If you open up the Reaper action list and check the State column, any actions that provide feedback for the light state will have either off or on listed in the State column.

If that column is blank the light will not behave correctly, usually either always off or always on.
This is a custom ReaScript that is toggling the focused FX Window on an off. It is working, but I am not seeing CSI send out these state changes. Are you saying that for CSI to do so it needs to know a state from the Actions?
Old 04-09-2020, 05:45 AM   #8031
tdc

Quote:
:-) quoting myself.... Can I ask what the Sync Zones cross all surfaces is ?

Also, is there a way to search the Wiki on Github?

Thanks
Old 04-09-2020, 06:23 AM   #8032
Funkybot

Quote:
Ok cool. So, if I had a midi controller, I could make any button on it become a Short key? For example.
I stole this same idea from Geoff just last week. My Steinberg CMC-QC is mapped something like this:

Code:
Zone "Buttons|"
F1       Alt
F2       Control
F3       Option
F4       ToggleVCAMode
Shift    Shift
ZoneEnd
And then my Eucon and X-Touch zones takes advantage of these modifiers. CSI aggregates them into a big surface. So pressing Shift on the CMC acts as a Shift message on any other device on the same CSI page.

It's brilliant!
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:24 AM   #8033
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Ok cool. So, if I had a midi controller, I could make any button on it become a Shift key? For example.

Code:
Widget ButtonFoo
        Press b1 00 7f
        WidgetEnd
And then in my Zone "Home" I could place something like:

Code:
        ButtonFoo Shift
Exactly.

You can place the definition in the "Home" Zone if you wish, traditionally the modifier definitions are placed in the "Buttons|" Zone, if you have one.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:29 AM   #8034
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
This is a custom ReaScript that is toggling the focused FX Window on an off. It is working, but I am not seeing CSI send out these state changes. Are you saying that for CSI to do so it needs to know a state from the Actions?
Yes, it needs to know the state of the action in order to set the light, so it is at the mercy of what ever the action reports.

If you look in the Reaper actions list you will see your custom action that launches the script and the State column will be blank, meaning it does not report state changes.

There may be a way to setup custom actions to report state, I don't know, maybe someone will chime in.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:33 AM   #8035
tdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I stole this same idea from Geoff just last week. My Steinberg CMC-QC is mapped something like this:

And then my Eucon and X-Touch zones takes advantage of these modifiers. CSI aggregates them into a big surface. So pressing Shift on the CMC acts as a Shift message on any other device on the same CSI page.

It's brilliant!
Thanks FunkyBot and Geoff - thats great to hear, I shall implement and test in the morning.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:34 AM   #8036
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
:-) quoting myself.... Can I ask what the Sync Zones cross all surfaces is ?

Also, is there a way to search the Wiki on Github?

Thanks
If you have a VST (maybe an instrument -- let's call it bigFX) with a humongous number of parameters you can spread them out on the surfaces by having partial maps available for each surface -- when the bigFX Zone is activated on any surface, it broadcasts to all so they can load any components for bigFX that they have.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:35 AM   #8037
tdc

Quote:
Yes, it needs to know the state of the action in order to set the light, so it is at the mercy of what ever the action reports.

If you look in the Reaper actions list you will see your custom action that launches the script and the State column will be blank, meaning it does not report state changes.

There may be a way to setup custom actions to report state, I don't know, maybe someone will chime in.
Yes, I understand and suspected as much (am slowing starting to understand the CSI structure).

This custom ReaScript does not show state, so I will need to investigate another method, potentially making use of a Cycle Action.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2020, 06:36 AM   #8038
tdc

Quote:
If you have a VST (maybe an instrument -- let's call it bigFX) with a humongous number of parameters you can spread them out on the surfaces by having partial maps available for each surface -- when the bigFX Zone is activated on any surface, it broadcasts to all so they can load any components for bigFX that they have.

:-) thanks Geoff, I understand and that makes sense. BigFX.

(I worked with Jon lord once, and I suspect he would need this CSI feature. Sadly he didn't have his cape.)
Old 04-09-2020, 06:55 AM   #8039
Cragster

Hi Geoff. Here are my mappings for my modifier buttons i am desperately trying to have stay lit when i press them and am in that mode. i also included my automation button mappings that work correctly. when i press any of the automation buttons they stay lit. im trying to get the modifiers to do the same. i tried to duplicate the mapping from the automation buttons to the modifiers but no go.i actually tried a bunch of differnt mappings. fb twostate and others. do u have any suggestions for these modifiers to stay lit. they do light while im holding them but go out when i let go.
Code:
Widget Shift
	Press 90 46 7f 90 46 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Option
	Press 90 47 7f 90 47 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Control
	Press 90 48 7f 90 48 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Alt
	Press 90 49 7f 90 49 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Read
	Press 90 4a 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 4a 7f 90 4a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Write
	Press 90 4b 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 4b 7f 90 4b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Trim
	Press 90 4c 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 4c 7f 90 4c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Touch
	Press 90 4d 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 4d 7f 90 4d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Latch
	Press 90 4e 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 4e 7f 90 4e 00
WidgetEnd
and zone
Code:
Zone "Buttons|"
Shift Shift
Option Option
Control Control
Alt Alt

Read TrackAutoMode "1"
Shift+Read GlobalAutoMode "1"
Write TrackAutoMode "3"
Shift+Write GlobalAutoMode "3"
Trim TrackAutoMode "0"
Shift+Trim GlobalAutoMode "0"
Touch TrackAutoMode "2"
Shift+Touch GlobalAutoMode "2"
Latch TrackAutoMode "4"
Shift+Latch GlobalAutoMode "4"
i trying to get modifiers to work as the automation does.stays lit when i press.the automations are i guess radio button types. when i press one the others go out .i dont know.hope i explained this right. just trying to have buttons stay lit when pressed.thanks for your help
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:56 AM   #8040
rschlierbeck

Quote:
Here you go:

BCR2000.mst
Code:
Widget RotaryA1
	Fader7Bit 	b0 21 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit 	b0 21 7f
WidgetEnd
BCR2000.zon
Code:
Zone Home
		OnTrackSelection MapFocusedFXToWidgets
ZoneEnd
DIVA_A.zon
Code:
Zone "VSTi: Diva (u-he)"
FocusedFXNavigator
RotaryA1 		FXParam 58	//Phase1
ZoneEnd
EDIT: Make sure you have 'Auto Map Focused FX' turned on in the CSI/C4 MIDI Surface prefs
Thanks MixMonkey.That was very helpful. I see now that I have altered the setup of my BCR2000 through Behringer's configuration tool so my encoders and buttons are not going to match what other people have. But your example got me connected so now I have something to build from.
rschlierbeck is offline   Reply With Quote