Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 04-04-2015, 03:58 PM   #1
chromedog
Human being with feelings

Default "Audio closed" message, What did I do?

Hi, I've been playing with Reaper for several weeks, I have 1 file saved with 9 usable tracks, and decided to download a couple VST plug ins, (Amplitube 3 and Line 6 Pod Farm, ) NOW, when I open the file, and try to lay down additional tracks using my new plug ins, I have no audio saved to the file, and a message "Audio closed" across the top of the window to the right. I have been using LePou plug ins with no problem, but this one has me stumped!I have completely uninstalled the program, including all plug ins, and reinstalled only Reaper, and LePou, and still have nothing. Any sugestions?
chromedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:32 PM   #2
dayvyg

Try clicking the "Audio Device Closed" text in the window. It should open up your audio device settings in Reaper. Make sure there enabled. Also, there's more settings in Reaper for closing your audio device under various conditions. Use the "Find" box at the bottom of the preferences window to find them. I believe it defaults to closing the device when losing focus (e.g. you open up another app and it is the active window).
Old 04-04-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
chromedog

Still no good... Clicking the "Audio device closed" text has no effect, and checking the boxes (I tried checking them one at a time) under the preferences tab made no difference, either. I am using a Steinberg CI1 interface, ASIO format, Which has been pretty much idiot proof, so far. When I hover the cursor over the meter for the armed channel, the text reads "record armed, monitoring, record disabled" Like I said in the original post, everything was fine, until I tried using the Amplitube, and Line 6 VST's. Could it be something out of place in the FX chain? Reaper WAS uninstalled, and completely reloaded (New download from Cockos)
Old 04-04-2015, 10:02 PM   #4
chromedog

Got it figured out, i guess ASIO isn't as idiot proof as I thought! When I hover over the meter,I see CI1
CI1... I didn't realize that was CI1 left channel, and CI1 right
channel. So to everyone who at least took the time to read
my post Thank you, and happy Easter!
Old 04-05-2015, 04:14 AM   #5
dayvyg

Glad you got it sorted.