Old 04-01-2020, 09:35 AM   #1
drmacchius
Human being with feelings

Default How can I install SWS in Macbook

I bought a new laptop, my first apple. Ich could install Reaper. Ich could open the SWS, but I can not transfer it on Usersplug in. I don't know macOS X good now and I do not understand, if I made an error. Can you help me?
drmacchius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:43 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmacchius View Post
Ich could open the SWS, but I can not transfer it on Usersplug in.
I don't know macOS X good now and I do not understand, if I made an error
Can you please post more details about what the problem is exactly? Or what steps you have tried, so far?

If the question is about navigating to the Reaper resource folder: The quickest way is usually via Options > Show REAPER resource path ...
Old 04-01-2020, 02:38 PM   #3
drmacchius

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Can you please post more details about what the problem is exactly? Or what steps you have tried, so far?

If the question is about navigating to the Reaper resource folder: The quickest way is usually via Options > Show REAPER resource path ...
I cannot copy the file sws from installer in the Directory User Plugin . I have Tried to open the file directly in the Directory. Ist Cores a dylib File. Is it correct?
Where Must I copy the groove folder?
Old 04-02-2020, 10:08 AM   #4
solger

OK. Assuming you're using the 64-bit version of Reaper, the steps look normally like this:

(1) Download the latest sws-2.11.0.0-Darwin-x86_64-08d3c6fc.dmg (64-bit) SWS 2.11 pre-release from here: http://www.sws-extension.org/download/pre-release/
(2) Double-click on the .dmg file and press the [Agree] button - which should then open the SWS installer window (see screenshot below)
(3) Drag & drop the reaper_sws-x86_64.dylib icon directly onto the UserPlugins icon on the right

If step (3) is not possible (for instance, because you're using a portable Reaper install):

(4) Navigate to the Reaper resource folder via the Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder menu in Reaper (which should open the folder location in macOS Finder)
(5) Go into the UserPlugins subfolder
(6) Now drag & drop the reaper_sws-x86_64.dylib icon from the SWS installer window directly into the Userplugins folder (opened via steps 4 and 5)
(7) Restart Reaper afterwards

The Grooves folder can be put everywhere you want (as indicated by the "Drag if/where you wish" text in the SWS installer window). Personally I have it directly in the Reaper resource folder.

If you aren't using any Python scripts, you can skip copying the optional sws_python.py and sws_python64.py files into the Scripts subfolder of the Reaper resource folder.
If necessary, you can always run the SWS installer again to install these files afterwards.

Side note to step (1): SWS versions 2.10 and older can normally be downloaded from here https://www.sws-extension.org/. But it's recommended to use SWS 2.11 with Reaper 6.

Last edited by solger; 04-02-2020 at 10:27 AM.
solger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:07 AM   #5
drmacchius

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
OK. Assuming you're using the 64-bit version of Reaper, the steps look normally like this:

(1) Download the latest sws-2.11.0.0-Darwin-x86_64-08d3c6fc.dmg (64-bit) SWS 2.11 pre-release from here: http://www.sws-extension.org/download/pre-release/
(2) Double-click on the .dmg file and press the [Agree] button - which should then open the SWS installer window (see screenshot below)
(3) Drag & drop the reaper_sws-x86_64.dylib icon directly onto the UserPlugins icon on the right

If step (3) is not possible (for instance, because you're using a portable Reaper install):

(4) Navigate to the Reaper resource folder via the Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder menu in Reaper (which should open the folder location in macOS Finder)
(5) Go into the UserPlugins subfolder
(6) Now drag & drop the reaper_sws-x86_64.dylib icon from the SWS installer window directly into the Userplugins folder (opened via steps 4 and 5)
(7) Restart Reaper afterwards

The Grooves folder can be put everywhere you want (as indicated by the "Drag if/where you wish" text in the SWS installer window). Personally I have it directly in the Reaper resource folder.

If you aren't using any Python scripts, you can skip copying the optional sws_python.py and sws_python64.py files into the Scripts subfolder of the Reaper resource folder.
If necessary, you can always run the SWS installer again to install these files afterwards.

Side note to step (1): SWS versions 2.10 and older can normally be downloaded from here https://www.sws-extension.org/. But it's recommended to use SWS 2.11 with Reaper 6.

thanks