Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 04-02-2020, 02:08 AM   #841
machineboy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankfiles View Post
Sent thanks
Hi, I haven't received the link yet. Did you send by e-mail or as a PM here?
Thanks!
machineboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:28 AM   #842
Blankfiles

look your email it was sent thanks
Old 04-02-2020, 05:20 PM   #843
Blankfiles

In the next update I fix some bugs reports for all 3 version of I Logic but understand this, for the extended version I created this mixer for people who likes the mixer that stretches like the themes by default of Reaper, I intend to make it functional and effective but then I'll stay it. I work with the default version I'm never love the stretched mixer . So no addition will be made to the Extended version or even the PT Style that I had thinking add ..sorry for this of the less until the release of the 4k version that I work lost time ,I want I Logic to be effective before the release of the 4k to avoid having to make updates on everything haha it will be a nightmare.

So for the moment I was work in Tcp folder after serval hours of recording I found that the old version of Folder layout was not functional and distracting and once close we could not see the number of the track, I then had to redo the layout folder and here is the result, which in my opinion makes a lot of sense. Some little thing report bugs ect was revisiting and at the same time I reviewed the configuration and add and modify whatever actions

Old 04-02-2020, 11:52 PM   #844
chrisdodge

Quote:
In the next update I fix some bugs reports for all 3 version of I Logic but understand this, for the extended version I created this mixer for people who likes the mixer that stretches like the themes by default of Reaper, I intend to make it functional and effective but then I'll stay it. I work with the default version I'm never love the stretched mixer . So no addition will be made to the Extended version or even the PT Style that I had thinking add ..sorry for this of the less until the release of the 4k version that I work lost time ,I want I Logic to be effective before the release of the 4k to avoid having to make updates on everything haha it will be a nightmare.

So for the moment I was work in Tcp folder after serval hours of recording I found that the old version of Folder layout was not functional and distracting and once close we could not see the number of the track, I then had to redo the layout folder and here is the result, which in my opinion makes a lot of sense. Some little thing report bugs ect was revisiting and at the same time I reviewed the configuration and add and modify whatever actions

probably the nicest and clean looking folder layout i've ever seen : i love it

Just a cosmetic remark, once totally closed, would it possible to "half round" the left side instead of "quarter round". I think it would better "visually" delimiting the closed folders.

By the way, it aslo would be great to have the MCP counter part of the folder : a kind of separator with only the name, the M/S buttons and the folder button.

I'm thinking something like the file in attachement...
Attached Images
File Type: png folder mockup.png (48.2 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by chrisdodge; 04-03-2020 at 12:27 AM.
chrisdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:06 AM   #845
Robart69

Default Logic V3

Looks awesome Blankfiles, thank you soooooooo much for your continuous improving of the Theme))
Robart69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:53 AM   #846
BigSmo

Default iLogic 3 newbie question

Hi guys,
I'm fairly new to Reaper and have 0 experience with Themes.

I love this this theme but mine looks different, lack of colors and the tool bar looks different etc.

How do I make it look like the version in the pics on here?

Also, how do i make the effects and sends visible in the big theme?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by BigSmo; 04-03-2020 at 10:39 AM.
BigSmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:12 AM   #847
machineboy

Quote:
look your email it was sent thanks
Hi, I still haven't received the link, could you please resend it if it's no trouble? Looking forward to testing this out, it looks awesome!
machineboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:35 PM   #848
Blankfiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineboy View Post
Hi, I still haven't received the link, could you please resend it if it's no trouble? Looking forward to testing this out, it looks awesome!
Look inside your box here or your spam folder in your email
Old 04-03-2020, 02:03 PM   #849
nibbana

Default Possible glitch?

I was wondering if the non-alignment of the buttons on this toolbar are a glitch or if this is how they are supposed to line up.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png Annotation 2020-03-31 203301.png (21.6 KB, 146 views)
nibbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:44 PM   #850
Blankfiles

Yes it was made for the
Mixer toolbar but i am working on new icons for that i have receive lots email about that will fix thanks for report 🙂
Old 04-04-2020, 04:39 AM   #851
tweed

BigSmo!

You need to IMPORT the INCLUDED config file. I had trouble find it once. (user error sorta)
Don't use the WC version for your first go. Remember, you existing "everything" will change. Keycommands and lots more.
Backup forist though I never do. It's been good to learn stuff redoing/resetting/changing a few things.

Sorry I have to sleep now, going on 5 a.m. now.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:10 AM   #852
Blankfiles

Thanks tweed I didn't see the post !!
Old 04-04-2020, 08:12 AM   #853
winbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdodge View Post
probably the nicest and clean looking folder layout i've ever seen : i love it
yes I would love to have this "for real", but the colors on the folders are only there if the folders are "selected".... to this is nice to take a nice screenshot, but in the real life, this never happens... which is a shame, because I totally love how clean and nice this is!!!

Also, I don't have the round thing on the TCP which looks so nice... I only have it on the MCP, and on the last track on the TCP...
I really would love to have a behavior similar to this screenshot

EDIT: oh, I also see that all the "folders" are missing the "record" button... how do you do that? are they special tracks? or special layouts?

EDIT2: I found a "A-folder layout"!! It adds the round thing (but only on the right part, not on the left, where the # of the track is displayed), and some "faded" color.
Don't know why the color is not the same as the track, but it is a nice improvement

Last edited by winbe; 04-04-2020 at 08:20 AM.
winbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:42 PM   #854
tweed

:-) Thrilled to be here - Such a pleasure to look and work with REAPER now!

[COMMENT #1]
It's hard to see which track is selected without effort.
(see Stevie's attachment images ~> post #834 previous forum page near bottom)

Which track is selected? takes a few seconds, right?

I guess it's harder to put a "selected track marker" (used to be a thin white vertical line) on a folder track.
The folder track curved right edge is terrific, just like being able to color ALL tracks in a folder the same colour.

IN MY VIEW: Making the selected track color more intense is never going to be as fast to see which track is selected,
like a "selected track marker" would. (was thin white vertical line for a while)

Not a big deal - and i hope I've missed something.

[COMMENT No.2]
WHILE it's very cool to NOT have all tracks fully-coloured, (just the left side colored tab)
for me it's visually faster to FULLY colour all tracks the same color as folder.

Last edited by tweed; 04-04-2020 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:04 PM   #855
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweed View Post
It's hard to see which track is selected without effort.
I personally disagree with this. Might depend on the layout you use, but the selected track in the TCP is fully colored, whereas non-selected tracks are mostly gray with a colored rectangle only at the end. That makes it very clear which are selected.

Same for the MCP. The whole big area behind the Pan section gets fully colored on the selected track and is black for non-selected tracks.

I actually feel this theme is one of the best at quickly pointing out the selected track. It's never an issue over here at least.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #856
winbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I personally disagree with this. Might depend on the layout you use, but the selected track in the TCP is fully colored, whereas non-selected tracks are mostly gray with a colored rectangle only at the end. That makes it very clear which are selected.

Same for the MCP. The whole big area behind the Pan section gets fully colored on the selected track and is black for non-selected tracks.

I actually feel this theme is one of the best at quickly pointing out the selected track. It's never an issue over here at least.
Well I partly agree with the remark, because when you select a track... the title becomes black, instead of white.. so it suddenly becomes less visible...
Old 04-04-2020, 01:39 PM   #857
Blankfiles

Personally I find that have seen very well what track is select in tcp and mcp, but the taste is in nature! and there is a full color layout for each layout in the tcp section has the bus exception and the folder it is in permanent color,other small point to add, the track colors are controllable, you can easily modify them darker or lighter to taste via the color palette or intensity with the theme adjuster of V6 default. And yes I can add a Mcp folder but for me does not serve much put apart look,,, I'm saying a big thank you for all the comments
Old 04-04-2020, 01:43 PM   #858
Blankfiles

At the same time ! I was go back whit old style icons in config for the mixer and less buggy!! with addition of 25 new icons

Next update soon!
Old 04-04-2020, 02:10 PM   #859
tweed

ALL VERY HELPFUL thanks!
Probably just need to train my eye to look at other parts of tracks!
Couldn't be happier, whatever happens! :-)
Old 04-04-2020, 02:27 PM   #860
Blankfiles

What would be your idea for track selection? I already try almost everything, full color, white band around, I even think put the track select all white but I, already hear the reactions, not obvious to please at all, I do not know if I understood your comment but hey, my English is bad and translator loll naaaa! even worse
Old 04-04-2020, 02:40 PM   #861
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbe View Post
Well I partly agree with the remark, because when you select a track... the title becomes black, instead of white.. so it suddenly becomes less visible...
You can swap that in the Theme Tweak window just by flipping the two colors below:

But you'll still run into the same issue just in reverse! Here's how you "fix" it. You have to adjust your track color choices to fit the theme. If you're using a really dark green, or dark blue, or dark red, or dark purple, then you're not going to be able to read the black text. If you're using a really pale blue, red, yellow, etc. then you won't be able to read the white text. The trick is to use compromise and use colors in the middle of the palette: ones that aren't too dark or too pale. This way, the black text is legible and so is the white text. Once you find the right color, save it to the SWS Autocolor extension so you never have to think about it again.

Last edited by Funkybot; 06-19-2021 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:06 PM   #862
_Stevie_

Let me say something about the selected tracks and items visibility.

I have all my tracks fully colored. I need that because I use a lot of different ones (check my screenshot on the previous page).

Personally, I would love to have the opposite for a selected track: grey track and colored indicator at the left, as we have it for the default layout for non selected tracks. That would make it stand out.

As for item selection... I haven’t found a theme that really makes it obvious which items are selected.
My preference would be: make selected items white and color the events (midi and audio) in the same color
as the unselected item. Would that be possible?
Old 04-04-2020, 06:22 PM   #863
Blankfiles

Radical like this ?? item same color as selected track ? no problem for me work whit about one hours and make sens that can be something like this

Last edited by Blankfiles; 04-04-2020 at 06:33 PM.
Blankfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:47 PM   #864
Blankfiles

Or like this but it realy hard to have the waveform color as unselected track

Old 04-04-2020, 06:50 PM   #865
Funkybot

Quote:
Radical like this ?? item same color as selected track ? no problem for me work whit about one hours and make sens that can be something like this
See that version is just unattractive and doesn't really add much IMO. Don't try to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

You're happy with the current-state of track selection visibility, so am I. I'd think most users are. You'll never please everyone, and there's a saying in the states about that the "squeaky wheel gets the oil." If that doesn't translate it basically means that complaints can be loud and get a lot of attention, but they're not always an accurate indicator of the severity of a problem.

I'm comfortable offering opinions, but I respect it when a developer has a different vision. Reaper's flexible enough to allow us to tweak things on our own. If someone otherwise loves the theme but really has a problem with the selected track appearance they can figure out how to edit the bg and sel_bg files. I've made plenty of my own tweaks. Then again, if a lot of users are offering some constructive criticism and you see their point and think you can improve upon things, then do so. There's nothing wrong with listening to customers.

In this case, I honestly think your theme does a great job of showing which track/item is selected. If someone has a better idea, then maybe they can show us what that is, but otherwise, keep things as is as long as you're happy with it.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #866
Blankfiles

Word full of meaning!! thank you very much I know that there will always be people dissatisfied and moreover it wastes a lot of time to want to give everything to the taste of all thank you to you I will stay with the version already established
Old 04-04-2020, 07:09 PM   #867
Lysdestic

Quote:
Word full of meaning!! thank you very much I know that there will always be people dissatisfied and moreover it wastes a lot of time to want to give everything to the taste of all thank you to you I will stay with the version already established
Thank you! I really like the way it's working now.
Lysdestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:47 AM   #868
_Stevie_

@Funkybot and Blankfiles:

my suggestions aren't really based on aesthetics, but on usability.

Check this screenshot here, this is a rather modest project. It is really hard to quickly spot the selected track:

Same for you items, which are the selected items? Can you immediately tell?

Old 04-05-2020, 05:50 AM   #869
_Stevie_

Not perfect, but a modified version of Smooth in comparison:

Old 04-05-2020, 07:05 AM   #870
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
@Funkybot and Blankfiles:

my suggestions aren't really based on aesthetics, but on usability.

Check this screenshot here, this is a rather modest project. It is really hard to quickly spot the selected track...
Stevie...this goes back to my prior point about adjusting your color choices to the theme. I guess I should add, layout choices too. I suspect Blank Files has a similar workflow to me, where things are being foldered, therefore TCP folders become the separators. I've basically learned to work with the theme instead of going against the grain and trying to use it in a way that it's not really designed for. So in my particular workflow, iLogic is crystal clear IMO.

Here are my personal recommendations:

1. Don't use the full-color TCP layouts with this theme - they're not the best.

2. If using full-color, don't use gradients for track colors because unselected text will be nearly invisible when on the light side of the gradient.

3. Do use the non-full color layouts.

4. Need more visible separation? Use folder tracks and use the corresponding layout in the TCP. They act as visual separators. You can hide these in the MCP if you don't want them there. This isn't a big deal for me because I bus things into groups normally, frequently with a VCA before the bus.

5. Do find colors that work well with the theme - like I said, avoid pale colors or too dark colors. Stay in the middle of the hue or whatever). For instance, I've given up on yellows because I didn't think they work well, but oranges work great. Autosave the new colors that do work.

Here's my iLogic layout. Selection is very clear to me...
Old 04-05-2020, 07:10 AM   #871
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Not perfect, but a modified version of Smooth in comparison:
Funny you mentioned Smooth6, one of the only two things I don't love about that are the track selection (particularly in the MCP where it's too sublte IMO). I did a mod of my own where I just threw a gold border around selected tracks. It was ugly but solved the problem. But I'm back on my modified iLogic theme which just works for me.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:01 AM   #872
Blankfiles

Here is the version of selection that I decide to make and no other changes will be made with the exception of waveforms (personally I use the dark default and white selection) the track select, the section of the number turns to light gray and the color of the track becomes clearer, for the items I enlarged the gap from the top and curved corner and the color becomes clearer. Dsl if I do not respond to the expectation of all but as to explain, it is very easy for all to change some basic color thanks all together we will end up making this theme fun and functional for all
Old 04-05-2020, 08:09 AM   #873
Blankfiles

My personal setup, realy easy to find selected track !!

Old 04-05-2020, 08:11 AM   #874
Klangfarben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
See that version is just unattractive and doesn't really add much IMO. Don't try to solve a problem that doesn't exist.
I'm completely with Stevie on this one. The problem most definitely exists. @Funkybot, the issue here is you are relying on a method that isn't going to be used by the majority of users. That is an inherent problem with your methodology. I too used separators in the TCP that were colored in iLogic 1 - but simply because there was no other choice. It wasn't just the best option at the time, but the only option. If people can color all the TCP tracks, they are going to. It makes no sense not to when you have the option because that is a MUCH more clear delineator than using separator and folder tracks as delineators.

The other thing you need to consider is that with separator tracks as delineators, you are adding a LOT of tracks. For example, I have 88 wide stems I need to print, so 88 different food groups. If I use separators for each of those food groups, I'm adding almost a hundred tracks to EVERY project. Since the Reaper GUI is going to start slowing down after around 500 tracks or so (somewhere between 500-1000 tracks) this is a huge downside to using the separator methodology.

Yes, no theme is going to please everyone, but what Stevie is pointing out here is that if you use the most common methodology that *most* users are going to employ, there IS indeed an issue, and one that should be rectified. And furthermore, one that BlankFiles was happy to do as he saw the issue as well.

Quote:
no problem for me work whit about one hours and make sens that can be something like this
You just happened to talk him out of it because it simply works for you. That is a bit selfish on your end, especially since you aren't really taking into account what the normal use case would actually be or the negative downsides of your use case. Since I was using your exact methodology in iLogic 1 I'm very familiar with it - but I wouldn't use it now. We have better options now and we should account for that.

And your advice is not something that is realistic or workable for most users. This is your advice - Don't use full color layouts, don't use non-color layouts, don't use gradients. Ok, so everyone is then just supposed to use your ONE way of working? Instead of having BlankFiles tweak selection highlights in a manner that will improve it for most users of the theme? That's just silly. That is like saying ok, so this new car you bought, don't drive it at night. And don't use reverse. And don't turn left. Ok, so what is the point having the car then?
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:31 AM   #875
Blankfiles

I understand here your desapointment, I'm very and I say even really open to requests I often mentioned to me what you really want .80 percent of people make me requests by email and everything related to the selection of tracks was asked here even on the forum if you follow the evolution you will note that I really try more method to please the most common user That's why it's important to ask when we have the opportunity. you tell me that selfish! I do not consdider in anything selfish , I have my own way of working I mix a lot of wide songs sometimes even up to 200 tracks and the version you see above in my personal use is this way since the first v3.0 which suits me very well! and I thought it would go for the most part,I got it wrong so I listen to the suggestions and try to make theme usable for the majority, as an example the extended version was created at the request of many user who wanted to have a version of the mixer stretched, I do them! 1 week of hard work to meet the demand and I would never use this mixer because I do not like the whole this method this a little why I start to do theming

note : I take positive and negative feedback with smile I am not a kind to do case with that ,I love theming when I have time and I will continu

Last edited by Blankfiles; 04-05-2020 at 08:36 AM.
Blankfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:34 AM   #876
winbe

Hello,

I can't remember the name of the theme, but I loved one that was adding a white box around the selected track (in the TCP), this was just sooo easy to see the selected track, with no confusion possible, whatever the fonts, the colors.

That being said, much much much love to be sent to @Blankfiles, I just realized that the layouts are simply perfect, all the "color" ones are exactly what I needed!!

So now I can color only the "Folders", or the individual tracks, so easy on the eye!

I switched to my previous "preferred" theme... and... oh no... not possible to switch back now
Old 04-05-2020, 08:47 AM   #877
Klangfarben

Quote:
I understand here your desapointment, I'm very and I say even really open to requests I often mentioned to me what you really want .80 percent of people make me requests by email and everything related to the selection of tracks was asked here even on the forum if you follow the evolution you will note that I really try more method to please the most common user That's why it's important to ask when we have the opportunity. you tell me that selfish! I do not consdider in anything selfish , I have my own way of working I mix a lot of wide songs sometimes even up to 200 tracks and the version you see above in my personal use is this way since the first v3.0 which suits me very well! and I thought it would go for the most part,I got it wrong allors I listen to the suggestions and try to make theme usable for the majority, as an example the extended version was created at the request of many user who wanted to have a version of the mixer stretched, I do them! 1 week of hard work to meet the demand and I would never use this mixer because I do not like the whole this method this a little why I start to do theming
BlankFiles, my response was in no way directed at you. As the creator of this theme (and many more) you can absolutely do whatever you want, and whatever you think is best. Everyone here very much appreciates the work you do.

My issue was with Funkybot saying everyone should just not use full color, or non-color, or gradients. At that point, what is left? All gray with separators? That's not realistic, nor is it the way most users are going to work, especially in larger templates. Sure no one is going to agree on everything but when you suggest your workflow/method is a better choice than everyone else's without understanding the reasons for those workflow choices, you only create a minefield, not a solution.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:51 AM   #878
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
I'm completely with Stevie on this one. The problem most definitely exists.
I agree. There's no way to look at Stevie's screen print and NOT see the problem he's running into. I'm not denying there's an issue, I'm just offering recommendations as to how to improve things by making adjustments. There's always a way in Reaper.

Quote:
@Funkybot, the issue here is you are relying on a method that isn't going to be used by the majority of users. That is an inherent problem with your methodology. I too used separators in the TCP that were colored in iLogic 1 - but simply because there was no other choice. It wasn't just the best option at the time, but the only option. If people can color all the TCP tracks, they are going to.

It makes no sense not to when you have the option because that is a MUCH more clear delineator than using separator and folder tracks as delineators.

The other thing you need to consider is that with separator tracks as delineators, you are adding a LOT of tracks. For example, I have 88 wide stems I need to print, so 88 different food groups. If I use separators for each of those food groups, I'm adding almost a hundred tracks to EVERY project. Since the Reaper GUI is going to start slowing down after around 500 tracks or so (somewhere between 500-1000 tracks) this is a huge downside to using the separator methodology.
Just to clarify: I don't use separators. At all. Zero separators. Those are folder tracks with the folder layout you're seeing. Not separators. I use a combination of Folders and VCA's for track groups. I use them regardless of iLogic. Mixing and processing in sub-groups is just what I consider a best practice and that has nothing to do with this theme. And if you work that way, this theme really looks terrific. I'm not saying everyone needs to work that way, but if you give it a shot, and use folder tracks with the folder layout in the TCP, I think you'd find this theme really easy to work with.

The other thing is: I don't always want the clutter either. I will use the SWS Autocolor Extension to hide VCA's in the TCP where I don't need them, automatically apply the Folder layout in the TCP where I do use them, and automatically color tracks by track colors I know work with this theme for me. It's all happening automatically.

Quote:
Yes, no theme is going to please everyone, but what Stevie is pointing out here is that if you use the most common methodology that *most* users are going to employ, there IS indeed an issue, and one that should be rectified. And furthermore, one that BlankFiles was happy to do as he saw the issue as well.

You just happened to talk him out of it because it simply works for you. That is a bit selfish on your end...
Uhm...no. Now you're coming really close to being unnecessarily rude. I didn't "talk him out of it" because I was being "selfish," I suggested that we ALL have different opinions/workflows and if he was happy with it as the theme creator, he should do what he thinks is best. Blankfiles literally said yesterday that he was happy with it. Stevie's screenprint may have changed his mind. That's fine.

I've offered a TON of suggestions on how I think iLogic can be improved, both here and via email. They're just suggestions. In the end, it's Blankfiles theme, and I'm happy to make personal customizations to make it work for me. EVERYONE HERE CAN DO THE SAME!

You're also assuming that "more people" will work with full color strips and will run into the visibility issues. There's not enough data in this thread to support that. There's a total of 4 people involved in this discussion. You may even be right. But that doesn't mean my point was invalid either. If you use the partially colored strips with the folder tracks/layouts, visibility is much improved. It can be true that people want to use full colored strips and it can also be true that not using them could improve visibility in this theme.

And I have no problem with Blankfiles saying, "yeah, you guys have a point, I'll make some tweaks" even if I won't necessarily benefit or even like the changes. I may say, "I still don't like it for these reasons (like the gray box on the selected track TCP)" to try to improve the theme, and ultimately Blankfiles will do what he thinks is best. And if things aren't to my liking that's fine. I'll either live with it, not upgrade, or tweak it to my liking.

Quote:
And your advice is not something that is realistic or workable for most users. This is your advice - Don't use full color layouts, don't use non-color layouts, don't use gradients. Ok, so everyone is then just supposed to use your ONE way of working?
I'm not making orders! I'm not telling everyone what to do. I'm offering suggestions on how you someone can adjust their workflow to get the most out of this theme around improving visibility. My exact words from the post you took issue with: "Here are my personal recommendations." That's what forums are for right? We offer opinions, recommendations, try to help each other out with ways to share tips and solve problems? I'm not saying every user must do this, but that these were things Stevie could try changing that would solve or at least could improve the visibility problem.

It boils down to this: my workflow works for me and doesn't have the visibility you describe. So the options then are:

1. Try using my recommendations and see if they work for you. If not, fine. The benefit is, no major theme changes need to be made and maybe using folders for sub-groups will be a revelation. It's something you can do today. But it's just my set of tips, and it may not work for everyone.

2. Discuss the issues and ask Blankfiles if he can improve it. He may agree and make changes. But it's his choice as the theme developer. If he's happy with something as-is, then don't expect a change. I may not prefer his ultimate decision, you may not like it, that's ok. It's his theme, and...

3. If #1 and #2 don't get you exactly what you want, modify the theme to your liking or use a different theme. Reaper is all about customization. There's a lot you can change/improve, and even Walter can be figured out if you're willing to devote the time and effort. And if you can't, and all that stuff is beyond you, you either accept the limitation or use a different theme.

Last edited by Funkybot; 04-05-2020 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:55 AM   #879
Blankfiles

And I,also like to help if I can at the other themer, when I created the mcp curved folder in the bottom I received some messages if I can explain my method and I answered as best I could and now I see this method more and more in the new theme which makes me proud, the only things ,sometimes I read the other post on the forum and I sometimes know the answer to the question ask but there is always this language frontier that makes it very difficult to communicate, I speak English a lots to my work, the speaking is simple but write it oufff haha but do not hesitate to ask the questions I would do my best to help you
Old 04-05-2020, 09:06 AM   #880
Blankfiles

@Klangfarben thank you! I understand this and that's why I included the 2 styles of track,default and colorfull, but I also understand that when you are new with some kind of theme it's not everyone who know how to change the track style but unfortunately the training of reaper is not included with the theme :P , and I saw the image of Stevie and I immediately ouff I have to do something, this morning with this picture is even more obvious, but at the same time I do not want to spend the containment to change the selection I have to decide lol