Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-02-2020, 05:01 AM   #1
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings

Default Runtime Error Crash when Bypassing Monitor FX

I can right click and remove selected FX in the Monitoring FX chain but I get a runtime error crash if I try to bypass a specific effect. I can also bypass the whole chain at once without the crash/error.

The error message says:

Runtime Error!

[...Reaper...]

This application has requested runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I want to fix this correctly as well but I would also be happy with being able to save my monitoring fx chain or reset it or anything. I tried removing the plugin I don't want and saving it as a default project template but the monitoring fx chain doesn't save with the project so how does one save a monitoring fx chain?

Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:38 AM   #2
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
the monitoring fx chain doesn't save with the project so how does one save a monitoring fx chain?
You can save the monitoring fx chain just like you would save any fx chain. In the monitoring fx window, select the fx you want to save, right click menu over them; FX chains > Save selected FX as chain...
Then when you want to load it, Load FX chain from the same menu.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:46 AM   #3
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
You can save the monitoring fx chain just like you would save any fx chain. In the monitoring fx window, select the fx you want to save, right click menu over them; FX chains > Save selected FX as chain...
Then when you want to load it, Load FX chain from the same menu.
While that's true... I don't really want to load the monitor fx chain every time I start reaper.

How do I make a default monitoring fx chain? It doesn't seem to save with the project. Deleting that plugin and exiting the program doesn't get rid of it. Saving a template doesn't seem to help either. It always seems to populate with those two fx. Maybe I'll make sonarworks an fx chain by itself and try and load that in there and see if that will save.

Thanks for your input.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:09 AM   #4
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
While that's true... I don't really want to load the monitor fx chain every time I start reaper.
You don't have to either, the monitoring fx you have chosen will always be there. These effects are written into reaper-hwoutfx.ini every time you change them, including their bypass and docking state and the current preset.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:56 PM   #5
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
You don't have to either, the monitoring fx you have chosen will always be there. These effects are written into reaper-hwoutfx.ini every time you change them, including their bypass and docking state and the current preset.

Interestingly enough, I ended up having to delete that ini and when I opened Reaper tbproaudio's dpmeter 4 was in there! So something is adding that to the monitoring fx chain on startup, but Im not sure what. I uninstalled it for now and I'm fine with that but there is still a runtime error when bypassing anything in the monitoring fx chain.

Thanks for your help xpander!