Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 04-03-2020, 03:16 PM   #1
jeck
Human being with feelings

Default Following Walter Theming Guide and have a question

I am following the WALTER theming guide which I downloaded from here. I started a theme from scratch as it says to do in the guide. I created a folder, with my theme's name and .ReaperTheme file. Inside my folder I put an rtconfig.txt and am doing the first exercises where you write out all the sizes (page 7 through 8). On page 8 it says to comment out everything and you should have a clean slate and to experiment slowly bringing buttons back. My issue is that even though I commented everything out, all the buttons are still there. I suspect it might be because I am not referencing a specific folder containing the rtconfig.txt file so Reaper is falling back to the default WALTER that's implemented within itself. How can I make it so when I comment out all my buttons, they all go away???
jeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:33 PM   #2
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Yes, sorry, I need to update this. The document was written for a specific user of that era, who knew how to make a v3 theme (which would have had a very basic v3 era rtconfig.txt file) and add this new fangled v4 walter stuff to it. The bit you are missing is, I believe, to open the theme tweaker and set the 'image resource path' entry (at the bottom) to point to your folder.

Thanks for letting me know about this, its a real help in considerations about how to communicate all of this. I'm definitely leaning towards making it start from absolutely nothing just as you have done, since I have come to realise that is indeed the best way to learn this stuff.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:10 PM   #3
jeck
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Yes, sorry, I need to update this. The document was written for a specific user of that era, who knew how to make a v3 theme (which would have had a very basic v3 era rtconfig.txt file) and add this new fangled v4 walter stuff to it. The bit you are missing is, I believe, to open the theme tweaker and set the 'image resource path' entry (at the bottom) to point to your folder.

Thanks for letting me know about this, its a real help in considerations about how to communicate all of this. I'm definitely leaning towards making it start from absolutely nothing just as you have done, since I have come to realise that is indeed the best way to learn this stuff.

Sir, I love Reaper and I love this community. If there is any way I can assist you in preparing this new document please let me know, I would be more than happy to help. I am a programmer and can also do graphic design, or if you just need some stuff typed up. Anyway I can help Sir!
jeck is offline   Reply With Quote