Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 01-19-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
Osse
Human being with feelings

Default keep recording when moving edit cursor

Hello, is it possible for reaper to keep recording seamlessly at the new position when moving edit/play cursor(not sure if I move one or the other, or both in the situation described with jump to marker), the same way it does when just playing? For example, the shortcuts to jump to markers (1, 2, 3) and so on, jump there and keep recording from there automatically.

Thanks!
Osse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 04:09 PM   #2
foxAsteria

Never seen a situation where the record position can change while actively recording. I can't tell if that's what you want or don't want, but if you want that, just make a custom action of stop, move cursor, record. Just need to make sure options to move edit cursor on stop are disabled. Pause might work as well.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:11 PM   #3
Osse

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Never seen a situation where the record position can change while actively recording. I can't tell if that's what you want or don't want, but if you want that, just make a custom action of stop, move cursor, record. Just need to make sure options to move edit cursor on stop are disabled. Pause might work as well.
For example, if you insert two markers on the timeline, hit play, and toggle between these two markers, it will just continue to play from marker 1 or 2 when you hit "1" or "2" from your keyboard. I want to do the same thing but with record, so that it jumps to the marker and keeps recording from there. When recording for me, it doesn't change position when I press 1 och 2 to jump to markers. Does that make more sense?
Old 01-19-2020, 06:50 PM   #4
foxAsteria

Did you try the custom action I mentioned?
Old 01-20-2020, 10:35 AM   #5
Osse

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Did you try the custom action I mentioned?
Yes I did, seem to work for my needs! Thanks a lot. I programmed it to: Stop, go to marker(1-16) in my case, record. So with 16 different assigned buttons I can jump to markers and keep recording seamlessly it seems like!

This is for live performances, with click track + midi programmed tracks starting at a specific marker and using a controller to jump between different songs(markers) and record the audio, while sending click + MIDI at the same time.