Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 10-07-2021, 02:39 AM   #1
Phazma
Human being with feelings

Default Possible to prevent main toolbar icons rearranging?

Is it possible to prevent the icons of the main toolbar from changing position when horizontally resizing the tracklist?

Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:40 AM   #2
Kr3eM

Don't think so, I believe it's the scroll bar that pushes the icons when it appears...so it's probably hardcoded behaviour.

EDIT: My bad, didn't see it was the Main Toolbar...try to add alot of emtpy dummy icons after the ones you have and see if that will push your icons to be contantly fixed. However you will probably have to add some transparent height on your icons since it will be push them the same way you get now but if you add enuff empty icons the push should be constant.... it's quite tricky and frustrating.

Perhaps a simpler way would be to not have a background but do the buttons in one chunk, that way it will still move like in your picture but it will move the whole thing so you don't get any overlays jumping out of bounds.

Last edited by Kr3eM; 10-14-2021 at 08:57 AM.
Kr3eM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 09:47 AM   #3
Phazma

Thanks for the answer.

I have since studied the behavior a bit more and came to the same conclusions as you. I have edited the icons to not have a border so it looks a little less bad when this happens. But having them high with all the empty space underneath just looks weird nonetheless.

I have also made a FR to allow sizing the main toolbar down to 1 row of buttons which would get rid of this problem. Check it out if it interests you: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=258265
Old 10-16-2021, 09:14 AM   #4
Phazma

I have found out that it totally IS possible to prevent the icons from moving:

I have found this out accidentally while I was redesigning the icons.
I have absolutely no clue what it depends on, but my guess is that the dimensions of the toolbar button images play some role as those have been changed. Glad about this happy accident

Still hope that my FR about sizing down the toolbar to 1 row will be considered by the devs some day..