Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old Today, 08:45 AM   #11881
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistik View Post
Hey guys probably very noob question, but is it at all possible to use a MIDI device at the same time both with CSI as a control surface (some buttons and rotaries) and as a MIDI input to trigger MIDI notes on a channel (keys or pads for example).

I just bought a Presonus Atom pad controller and am looking at the best way to integrate it with reaper. Atom has drum pads, buttons and rotaries. I would love to use the pads for triggering drum samples and all the other controls as I define them in CSI.

I tried to have Atom enabled both as a MIDI input and in CSI with no effect.

Is there a way for CSI to transmit MIDI notes to the selected track?

Thanks for your help.
The other alternative if you really wanted to do this type of thing would be to use something like Bome MIDI Translator to intercept the MIDI from the device, and basically split out the note data to virtual port 1, and the other data to virtual port 2. Then you'd use virtual MIDI port 1 in Reaper for notes, and port 2 in CSI for control. I'm sure it could be accomplished there, you could setup a translator, then have that translator run in the background at startup.

I'm pretty sure you could demo it and try it out to see if it meets your needs in a satisfactory way.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:56 AM   #11882
StormBlåst

"MapFocusedFXToWidgets" somehow doesn't work on my Master track... it works fine on other tracks, what would be causing the problem?

I have Icon Pro X and Pro XS extender.
StormBlåst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:07 PM   #11883
Mistik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
The other alternative if you really wanted to do this type of thing would be to use something like Bome MIDI Translator to intercept the MIDI from the device, and basically split out the note data to virtual port 1, and the other data to virtual port 2. Then you'd use virtual MIDI port 1 in Reaper for notes, and port 2 in CSI for control. I'm sure it could be accomplished there, you could setup a translator, then have that translator run in the background at startup.

I'm pretty sure you could demo it and try it out to see if it meets your needs in a satisfactory way.
Thanks for the tip, will check it out tomorrow.

Do you think sending midi notes to the active track is something that could be programmed into CSI as a feature? Something like a ForwardMIDI action for each note.. That would actually enable all kinds of keyboard controllers with knobs to be used with CSI and would be game changing imho