Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 09-16-2021, 03:29 PM   #1521
Marek
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Are you sure that's appropriate advice? What surface are you using?
Yes, I’m sure, for now anyway I have the same surface to test with, xtouch mini.
My advice to change the widgets is just for this particular surface, don’t take it as a general rule for another hardware. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Why do you think my advice isn’t appropriate? It’s a genuine question, no attack. I’m interested in what could cause a problem.
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:02 AM   #1522
istominmusic

Quote:
A wise move Here's an mst configured for MC mode.

If you wouldn't mind, could you confirm that the rotary acceleration values are correct? (I don't have an XTouch Mini here).

Just hook up the XTouch Mini to a MIDI monitor app and look at the values sent out when a rotary is turned at different speeds, clockwise and anti-clockwise.

EDIT: Had an extra thought If you assign the LayerA button (as it's called in my .mst) to Shift and LayerB to Option in your Zones, you'll effectively give yourself access to 3 'layers' of controls
Я весь контроллер переключил в режим MC. Все 8 Encoders имеют 6 значений ускорения.
istominmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:10 AM   #1523
istominmusic

Dear friends! Thank you SO much for your help! At the moment, EVERYTHING has worked! Using the formula, I adjusted the accuracy of the encoders. Yes, you have to fit the formula into each FX parameter. At the moment buttons A B - I programmed like Shift, Alt, which gave additional zones. But that's not all! I created a tablet and phone interface in Lemur. I had to read the commands sent by the controller and recreate them in the interface. But the main task of the interface is that it has an LCD MCU (which is not in my XTouch Mini). Now both devices (old phone, Android 4.2) and tablet - have interfaces that show information about what parameters each encoder currently controls. Everything is very convenient!!!
It would, of course, be cool if in the future CSI made an auto map that files would be created automatically after I specified control parameters. I will send you a video report (sorry that in Russian).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEv9...BC%D0%B8%D0%BD
Old 09-17-2021, 05:17 PM   #1524
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Why do you think my advice isn’t appropriate? It’s a genuine question, no attack. I’m interested in what could cause a problem.
Maybe next time lead with 'I have the same surface and have found this works better'

Incidentally, what are the shortcomings of using the standard method?

Last edited by MixMonkey; 09-17-2021 at 05:37 PM.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:22 PM   #1525
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by istominmusic View Post
Я весь контроллер переключил в режим MC. Все 8 Encoders имеют 6 значений ускорения.
If the encoders only have six acceleration values each way it might be worth editing the .mst to reflect that. At the moment the .mst has ten values each way:

Code:
[ > 01-0a < 41-4a ]
You didn't mention what the values actually were. It would be good to know that so I can create a more accurate .mst to go in the CSI download.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:36 PM   #1526
MixMonkey

Quote:
Dear friends! Thank you SO much for your help! At the moment, EVERYTHING has worked! Using the formula, I adjusted the accuracy of the encoders. Yes, you have to fit the formula into each FX parameter. At the moment buttons A B - I programmed like Shift, Alt, which gave additional zones. But that's not all! I created a tablet and phone interface in Lemur. I had to read the commands sent by the controller and recreate them in the interface. But the main task of the interface is that it has an LCD MCU (which is not in my XTouch Mini). Now both devices (old phone, Android 4.2) and tablet - have interfaces that show information about what parameters each encoder currently controls. Everything is very convenient!!!
Awesome work! Glad to hear you're rolling
Quote:
It would, of course, be cool if in the future CSI made an auto map that files would be created automatically after I specified control parameters. I will send you a video report (sorry that in Russian).
Yes, a less cumbersome way of creating fx.zon files would be nice. Creating a template of the controller and adding the parameter indexes and names to it is usually the least painful way I created an Excel sheet c/w some VBA code to create fx.zon files for my Mackie C4 that works pretty well.
Excellent video! Yep, those unused phones and tablets make great displays for controllers that lack them
Old 09-17-2021, 06:59 PM   #1527
cjewellstudios

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEv9...BC%D0%B8%D0%BD
Nice video!

and yeah if you're a nerd like the rest of us (it seems like that may be the case) you'll end up in excel learning/adapting vba code to make the mapping of FX easier.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:57 AM   #1528
Nixon

hi all,
I'm planning to test CSI with a behringer ddx3216 digital mixer. This will be my first experience with CSI and I wonder if anyone tried to set up this mixer before. kind regards
Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:09 AM   #1529
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
hi all,
I'm planning to test CSI with a behringer ddx3216 digital mixer. This will be my first experience with CSI and I wonder if anyone tried to set up this mixer before. kind regards
Hi @Nixon and welcome to CSI! I had a quick look at the MIDI implementation of the BehringerDDX3216, and whilst it's rather limited, you should be able to get a few things working.

It has controllers assigned for faders (for various purposes), pan and mute (although, rather awkwardly, it uses different CC numbers for mute on and mute off).

I put together a very basic CSI folder for you, really just to see if we can get this thing off the ground.

Make sure the DDX3216 is disabled in the MIDI Devices prefs and then set it up by following the instructions in the Wiki.

Use the CSI folder I've attached instead of the one in the download. Set the number of channels in the CSI prefs to 16. If all is working you should be able to control the faders of tracks 1-16 in Reaper.

Once we get this working we can look at adding more stuff Good luck!

Last edited by MixMonkey; 01-30-2022 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:27 AM   #1530
FastTriggerFish

Default Up to date X touch files

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up my Behringer X-touch, I came across these files
https://siniarch.wixsite.com/csiconf...ringer-x-touch

but they don't seem to work anymore in version 1.1
The standard MCU mode works but with limited functionality.
Would someone know how I can update the previous configs to work in 1.1 ?
FastTriggerFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:04 AM   #1531
ivanmihaljevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastTriggerFish View Post
Hi all,

You can find a list of things that need to be changed here - https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...g-from-csi-v10

Basically, you need to separate the Zone files, so that there's only one Zone per file and change some navigator names and that's about it.
ivanmihaljevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:24 AM   #1532
MixMonkey

Quote:
Hi all,

Give the attached files a try before you set about converting the older ones

If you find stuff that doesn't work, can you post back and let me know so I can correct the files?

Old 09-21-2021, 03:13 PM   #1533
FastTriggerFish

Quote:

If you find stuff that doesn't work, can you post back and let me know so I can correct the files?
Wow brilliant, thank you very much ! On first impression a lot of stuff seems to work though I will need to spend a bit of time with the files to understand the mapping in details.
One thing that doesn't work as expected is that the >>> and <<< buttons do scrubbing rather than moving between markers like in MCU mode, which I think is much more useful.
This is probably a simple change, I will try taking a look.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:38 PM   #1534
Nixon

Quote:
Hi @Nixon and welcome to CSI! I had a quick look at the MIDI implementation of the BehringerDDX3216, and whilst it's rather limited, you should be able to get a few things working.

It has controllers assigned for faders (for various purposes), pan and mute (although, rather awkwardly, it uses different CC numbers for mute on and mute off).

I put together a very basic CSI folder for you, really just to see if we can get this thing off the ground.

Make sure the DDX3216 is disabled in the MIDI Devices prefs and then set it up by following the instructions in the Wiki.

Use the CSI folder I've attached instead of the one in the download. Set the number of channels in the CSI prefs to 16. If all is working you should be able to control the faders of tracks 1-16 in Reaper.

Once we get this working we can look at adding more stuff Good luck!

Wow thanks, that's very kind from you MixMonkey I think I'm going to check the file this week and report back
Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 04:31 PM   #1535
MixMonkey

Quote:
Wow brilliant, thank you very much ! On first impression a lot of stuff seems to work though I will need to spend a bit of time with the files to understand the mapping in details.
One thing that doesn't work as expected is that the >>> and <<< buttons do scrubbing rather than moving between markers like in MCU mode, which I think is much more useful.
This is probably a simple change, I will try taking a look.
Glad it seems to be working ok

You'll have to change various button actions to restore the functionality you're used to, but this <should> be quicker than re-writing what you previously had to suit the the V1.1 Zone style/syntax

I don't have an XTouch, so if you come across anything that's plain broken (as opposed to just being differently assigned), please let me know, as I can't test for myself
Old 09-23-2021, 08:48 AM   #1536
istominmusic

Dear friends! I had an interesting thought. There is a AutoIT program that allows you to create menus, buttons and generally create scripts, which are then launched like an exe file. I have studied its possibilities a little and see that it is really possible to create a small program that will do the following at its launch:

1. We see an interface that offers 8 Rotary buttons. Near each button there is a window for entering a parameter (here we enter the number that we need to control the plugin and which will be attached to Rotary 1). For example, enter the number 3 and press the button. And so we enter all 8 values ​ ​ (if we need all 8 Rotary).
2. Also near the water window "parameter" there is another window "name." Here we enter the desired parameter name.
3. In the "plugin name" window, we copy the name of the plugin we need (from the information that CSI gave).

4. At the end, click the save button. As a result, this program saves the finished file "zon," which already says what we need.

I think this option would be much easier than digging into a text notebook. "Why enter a parameter name?" someone might think. I answer - for the fact that this name would show the screen, which shows the name of all 8 Rotary.

I contacted a programmer. He may agree to write this script for $10. And then it will be much easier for us as long as the CSI can resolve this issue.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:46 AM   #1537
MixMonkey

Quote:
Dear friends! I had an interesting thought. There is a AutoIT program that allows you to create menus, buttons and generally create scripts, which are then launched like an exe file. I have studied its possibilities a little and see that it is really possible to create a small program that will do the following at its launch:

1. We see an interface that offers 8 Rotary buttons. Near each button there is a window for entering a parameter (here we enter the number that we need to control the plugin and which will be attached to Rotary 1). For example, enter the number 3 and press the button. And so we enter all 8 values ​ ​ (if we need all 8 Rotary).
2. Also near the water window "parameter" there is another window "name." Here we enter the desired parameter name.
3. In the "plugin name" window, we copy the name of the plugin we need (from the information that CSI gave).

4. At the end, click the save button. As a result, this program saves the finished file "zon," which already says what we need.

I think this option would be much easier than digging into a text notebook. "Why enter a parameter name?" someone might think. I answer - for the fact that this name would show the screen, which shows the name of all 8 Rotary.

I contacted a programmer. He may agree to write this script for $10. And then it will be much easier for us as long as the CSI can resolve this issue.
Sounds great I look forward to seeing the results.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:42 PM   #1538
Ismellelephant

Default Presonus StudioLive 32S

I download the latest CSI and I am trying to get my SL 32S to control PAN in Reaper. Before installing CSI all 32 Faders on the SL 32S were controlling the Faders in Reaper but no luck with panning. Is there a way to do Panning using CSI with SL 32S?
Thanks for any info or direction.
Ismellelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:36 PM   #1539
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismellelephant View Post
I download the latest CSI and I am trying to get my SL 32S to control PAN in Reaper. Before installing CSI all 32 Faders on the SL 32S were controlling the Faders in Reaper but no luck with panning. Is there a way to do Panning using CSI with SL 32S?
Thanks for any info or direction.
Set the SL 32S to it's MCU emulation as detailed in this PDF (for Logic, but the process is the same):
https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/do...N_25032019.pdf

Once correctly set up, the SL32S should appear as 4 sets (input and output) of MIDI ports in Reaper. Make sure these are disabled in the MIDI devices prefs in Reaper.

In CSI, use the MCU and XT files for the 'Main' unit and 3 'Ext' units respectively and you should be good to go. Check out the CSI Wiki for more info on installation and setup.

If you have any problems, post back here and we'll try and sort you out
Old 09-25-2021, 07:47 AM   #1540
FastTriggerFish

I have a general question : I have a midi pedal with footswitches, I use it to control some plugins by sending midi cc via standard reaper midi mapping.
I would like to keep doing that AND use also use some of the other switches as transport controls - is it possible to do this with CSI ?

Edit: I guess it's possible to create an FX zone and assign to a specific control, though I was wondering if it's possible to do generic midi learn instead.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:46 AM   #1541
MixMonkey

Quote:
I have a general question : I have a midi pedal with footswitches, I use it to control some plugins by sending midi cc via standard reaper midi mapping.
I would like to keep doing that AND use also use some of the other switches as transport controls - is it possible to do this with CSI ?

Edit: I guess it's possible to create an FX zone and assign to a specific control, though I was wondering if it's possible to do generic midi learn instead.
Unfortunately, CSI requires that a surface be disabled in the MIDI Devices prefs in Reaper. You're better off keeping your CC assigns as they are and using the Action list in Reaper to assign the pedals to the transport commands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-3hY5bu6TE
Old 09-25-2021, 09:21 AM   #1542
Ismellelephant

Quote:
Set the SL 32S to it's MCU emulation as detailed in this PDF (for Logic, but the process is the same):
https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/do...N_25032019.pdf

Once correctly set up, the SL32S should appear as 4 sets (input and output) of MIDI ports in Reaper. Make sure these are disabled in the MIDI devices prefs in Reaper.

In CSI, use the MCU and XT files for the 'Main' unit and 3 'Ext' units respectively and you should be good to go. Check out the CSI Wiki for more info on installation and setup.

If you have any problems, post back here and we'll try and sort you out
Thanks MixMonkey, I did as you suggested and all is well, all faders work fine.
From another posters suggestion I added "Shift+Fader| TrackPan" to the MCU Channel zon file and to the XT channel zon file. When I press and hold the FX A button(shift)on the SL 32S, I am able to control panning using the faders but only on the first 8 tracks. There is a way to Pan the remaining 24 tracks? Or assign Pan to a knob on the SL 32S? Great work by all those involved in creating CSI!
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Ismellelephant; 09-25-2021 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-25-2021, 11:39 AM   #1543
MixMonkey

Quote:
From another posters suggestion I added "Shift+Fader| TrackPan" to the MCU Channel zon file and to the XT channel zon file.
This should work (it does here) Have you got the CSI prefs set up correctly? The SL32S should appear 4 times in the prefs, a main unit and 3 extenders. Each of these should be configured as having 8 channels, with channel start positions of 0, 8, 16 and 24 respectively.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:46 PM   #1544
Ismellelephant

Quote:
This should work (it does here) Have you got the CSI prefs set up correctly? The SL32S should appear 4 times in the prefs, a main unit and 3 extenders. Each of these should be configured as having 8 channels, with channel start positions of 0, 8, 16 and 24 respectively.
Yes the prefs start positions are 0,8,16,24 appear to be done correctly. The faders for volume work for all 32 channels, I would guess the Faders for volume would have a problem if the perf offsets were incorrect? Hmmm puzzling...

Took another look and I had Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 set for Enable+Control in Midi Devices, once disabled I can now Pan all 32 Channels.
I need to get my head around this CSI stuff. Although this works I am guessing there is no way to assign pans to a knob? Also the SL32S Scribble Strips lose their designations and show Pan movement, funny stuff lol.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Ismellelephant; 09-25-2021 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-25-2021, 02:57 PM   #1545
FastTriggerFish

Quote:
Unfortunately, CSI requires that a surface be disabled in the MIDI Devices prefs in Reaper. You're better off keeping your CC assigns as they are and using the Action list in Reaper to assign the pedals to the transport commands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-3hY5bu6TE
I see, thank you that's super helpful !
Old 09-25-2021, 03:08 PM   #1546
MixMonkey

Quote:
The faders for volume work for all 32 channels, I would guess the Faders for volume would have a problem if the perf offsets were incorrect?
Yes, that's correct, they would. Puzzling indeed. ZIP up your CSI folder and post it, I'll take a look.

When it's used as a digital mixer, how do you control pan?
Old 09-25-2021, 03:34 PM   #1547
Ismellelephant

Quote:
Yes, that's correct, they would. Puzzling indeed. ZIP up your CSI folder and post it, I'll take a look.

When it's used as a digital mixer, how do you control pan?
I edited my previous reply showing success!

When out of DAW mode you select a channel and there is a knob in the "Fat Channel" section that does the panning. So no dedicated Pan knob for each channel.
Old 09-25-2021, 05:49 PM   #1548
MixMonkey

Quote:
I edited my previous reply showing success!
Ah good, progress!

Quote:
When out of DAW mode you select a channel and there is a knob in the "Fat Channel" section that does the panning. So no dedicated Pan knob for each channel.
I see. Would that style of control be preferable to what you have at the moment?

Are you using the MCU and XT Zones and .msts from the CSI V1.1 download?
Old 09-25-2021, 09:28 PM   #1549
Ismellelephant

Quote:
Ah good, progress!

I see. Would that style of control be preferable to what you have at the moment?

Are you using the MCU and XT Zones and .msts from the CSI V1.1 download?
At this point I am fine with the Panning using CSI, I am just curious what else can be done so I need to do some reading to understand.
Yes I am using MCU.mst for the main SL32S and MCU_XT.mst for the SL32S 3 extenders and I believe it is the latest version of CSI.

I got the SL32S a couple of weeks ago and although all control surface functions work fine using Studio One, I didn't want to move from Reaper so I greatly appreciate your help.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:46 AM   #1550
MixMonkey

Quote:
At this point I am fine with the Panning using CSI, I am just curious what else can be done so I need to do some reading to understand.
Yes I am using MCU.mst for the main SL32S and MCU_XT.mst for the SL32S 3 extenders and I believe it is the latest version of CSI.

I got the SL32S a couple of weeks ago and although all control surface functions work fine using Studio One, I didn't want to move from Reaper so I greatly appreciate your help.
Cool The best thing to do going forward is probably to take a bit of time to examine what MIDI messages are output from the surface (when in DAW mode) from the various knobs and buttons, specifically the Fat Channel section.

The supplied guide for Logic is all very well, but really all we're interested in is the MIDI message sent out by the controls. When we have that information, we can build an .mst file where the Widget names match the legending on the surface, rather than match the abitary assignments Presonus have made to match up with the MCU spec (sorry if that last paragraph sounded like gobbledegook)
Old 09-26-2021, 10:53 AM   #1551
MisterGTR

Does anyone have the files required to get a Frontier Alphatrack to work with CSI?

If not - could anyone suggest which file should i start from? And i'll have a go a creating one for the Sinarch site.

Thanks in advance
MisterGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:38 AM   #1552
Ismellelephant

Quote:
Cool The best thing to do going forward is probably to take a bit of time to examine what MIDI messages are output from the surface (when in DAW mode) from the various knobs and buttons, specifically the Fat Channel section.

The supplied guide for Logic is all very well, but really all we're interested in is the MIDI message sent out by the controls. When we have that information, we can build an .mst file where the Widget names match the legending on the surface, rather than match the abitary assignments Presonus have made to match up with the MCU spec (sorry if that last paragraph sounded like gobbledegook)
Not sure how to detect MIDI message sent. Would using MidiOX be a source for detecting these messages? If so, I would guess I would run the mixer in DAW Mode(control surface mode) running Studio One and detect messages sent when I select panning for a channel? I am fine with the CSI panning as it is but losing Scribble Strip designations is sort of a trade off.
I was concerned that the SL32S had no Midi jacks and figured Midi over Network would not be simple. It works great if I am forced to use Studio One lol.
Old 09-26-2021, 03:21 PM   #1553
MixMonkey

Quote:
Not sure how to detect MIDI message sent. Would using MidiOX be a source for detecting these messages?
Yep, MIDIOX is good for collecting the messages.

Quote:
If so, I would guess I would run the mixer in DAW Mode(control surface mode) running Studio One and detect messages sent when I select panning for a channel?
You shouldn't need to have any DAW running, just MIDIOX. Push a button on the surface and make a note of the MIDI message it generates. You probably don't need to worry about the fader, mute, solo and select channel functions. They're pretty standard.

Quote:
I am fine with the CSI panning as it is but losing Scribble Strip designations is sort of a trade off.
I'm a little puzzled as to why the display would change, there's nothing in the standard MCU/XT Zones that would make the displays change.
Quote:
I was concerned that the SL32S had no Midi jacks and figured Midi over Network would not be simple.
So how do you have it connected to Reaper at the moment?

Quote:
It works great if I am forced to use Studio One lol.
What things work better using Studio One? For instance, how does panning work?
Old 09-26-2021, 05:08 PM   #1554
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGTR View Post
Does anyone have the files required to get a Frontier Alphatrack to work with CSI?

If not - could anyone suggest which file should i start from? And i'll have a go a creating one for the Sinarch site.

Thanks in advance
I don't believe we have anybody that has files for that surface. However, a very detailed manual here:

https://www.frontierdesign.com/downl...Native_1.0.pdf

It looks like it has 3 touch sensitive rotaries and a 10-bit touch sensitive fader. Quite a nifty little device. There are even instructions on how to write to the display in the manual. I love when companies just get it.

This is the first definition in the manual

Code:
REW Button ............................................................Button Down: 90 5b 7f MIDI IN
Button Up: 90 5b 00 MIDI IN
From that, your first widget in your mst file (that's the file that says what buttons/faders the surface has) would look like this:

Code:
Widget REW
   Press 90 5b 7f 90 5b 00
WidgetEnd
It appears that one doesn't have an LED to light so here's what one with an LED would look like:

Code:
Widget Record
   Press 90 5f 7f 90 5f 00
   FB_TwoState 90 5f 7f 90 5f 00
WidgetEnd
I need help guiding you on the rotaries and the faders. I mentioned above it said 10-bit in the manual. But here in CSI we have widgets for 7bit and 14bit. I'm fairly sure that's just a technicality and you'd end up using 7 or 14 but I'm not familiar enough to tell you which one. The rotaries are touch sensitive and they seem to have an oddity to them. I can't tell if it's acceleration per se. One of the CSI ninja's will check out that manual and guide you further.

EDIT: You have to set it to native midi mode. I think that would be your best bet. If there is an MCU emu mode, that's also an option but the native midi modes usually yield the most customization.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:43 PM   #1555
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGTR View Post

Thanks in advance
See if this .mst gets you started. It needs the device set to Native mode.

The buttons are probably ok, I'm not so sure about the encoders, fader and strip. Build a setup and see what happens

Also I don't have a clue about the display. Maybe try the MCU display definition?

Old 09-27-2021, 04:07 AM   #1556
MisterGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
I don't believe we have anybody that has files for that surface. However, a very detailed manual here:

https://www.frontierdesign.com/downl...Native_1.0.pdf

It looks like it has 3 touch sensitive rotaries and a 10-bit touch sensitive fader. Quite a nifty little device. There are even instructions on how to write to the display in the manual. I love when companies just get it.

This is the first definition in the manual

Code:
REW Button ............................................................Button Down: 90 5b 7f MIDI IN
Button Up: 90 5b 00 MIDI IN
From that, your first widget in your mst file (that's the file that says what buttons/faders the surface has) would look like this:

Code:
Widget REW
   Press 90 5b 7f 90 5b 00
WidgetEnd
It appears that one doesn't have an LED to light so here's what one with an LED would look like:

Code:
Widget Record
   Press 90 5f 7f 90 5f 00
   FB_TwoState 90 5f 7f 90 5f 00
WidgetEnd
I need help guiding you on the rotaries and the faders. I mentioned above it said 10-bit in the manual. But here in CSI we have widgets for 7bit and 14bit. I'm fairly sure that's just a technicality and you'd end up using 7 or 14 but I'm not familiar enough to tell you which one. The rotaries are touch sensitive and they seem to have an oddity to them. I can't tell if it's acceleration per se. One of the CSI ninja's will check out that manual and guide you further.

EDIT: You have to set it to native midi mode. I think that would be your best bet. If there is an MCU emu mode, that's also an option but the native midi modes usually yield the most customization.
Thanks - i'm coming to this cold. So steep learning curve. Even stuff like Midi. I've only been using Reaper 2 years and i haven't really dug much beyond custom actions. So i can't really understand everything. Eg i still don't know exactly the syntax and MST, Zon files are etc. I have looked briefly at the hex codes but the number of entries in the file i open was daunting.

So let my old brain digest this and i'll hopefully get somewhere in the coming weeks. I used to code 20+ years ago. So i should be capable....anyone got a time machine

I'll post up when i have something - and maybe others can assist with any issues i have.

Thank you once again. Very much appreciated.
Old 09-27-2021, 04:08 AM   #1557
MisterGTR

Quote:
See if this .mst gets you started. It needs the device set to Native mode.

The buttons are probably ok, I'm not so sure about the encoders, fader and strip. Build a setup and see what happens

Also I don't have a clue about the display. Maybe try the MCU display definition?
Thank you so much. As above. I appreciate the help. I'll try do a bit more reading and then get stuck in once the day job gives me some spare capacity.
Old 09-29-2021, 10:02 AM   #1558
CBowling

Quote:

Thank you for this!

I've just received a Behringer X-Touch and am learning CSI and a host of other things today. Everything thus far seems to be working great except the faders.

For whatever reason, the faders don't work with anything - volume or otherwise. They just shoot up to their maximum height as soon as I open REAPER and when I adjust them they don't seem to do anything else.

Any thoughts or advice on this front? Thanks for any direction you might give! I'm trying to search the forums for the problem, but some of the threads are hundreds of pages long and it's just me trawling through post after post.
CBowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:54 AM   #1559
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBowling View Post
Thank you for this!

I've just received a Behringer X-Touch and am learning CSI and a host of other things today. Everything thus far seems to be working great except the faders.

For whatever reason, the faders don't work with anything - volume or otherwise. They just shoot up to their maximum height as soon as I open REAPER and when I adjust them they don't seem to do anything else.

Any thoughts or advice on this front? Thanks for any direction you might give! I'm trying to search the forums for the problem, but some of the threads are hundreds of pages long and it's just me trawling through post after post.
Is the XTouch disabled in the MIDI Devices prefs?
Old 09-29-2021, 11:01 AM   #1560
CBowling

Quote:
Is the XTouch disabled in the MIDI Devices prefs?
Hi there!

Yes, I have it disabled (both X-Touch and MIDIIN2(X-Touch)) as well as the outputs for both those, as well.

Most of the other buttons works (transport controls and the like). It just seems that, for whatever reason, Faders do not.
CBowling is offline   Reply With Quote