Old 12-26-2023, 04:22 AM   #1
myfreedom
Human being with feelings

Default Region playlist and pause

Hi guys and sorry for my English!
I'm really confused why the Region playlist doesn't have such a simple and necessary function as pause. The best scenario on stage for my purpose: I press play, song plays, Reaper stops and switches to next track waiting for me to push a button to play next song. There's no such option in Region playlist as "Pause after playback" which can make Reaper the best backing tracks app for thousands of live bands on Earth. I tried to use markers "!1008" at the start of regions, but playback stops not at the marker but later, sometimes even plays kick drum from the song start. When I place markers inside region I always get a warning about markers every time I start a song.
Why Song switcher and Project playlist is not an option? I often need to mute\unmute instruments for practice and rehearsals
Why Ableton\Studio one is not an option? Sometimes I need to correct individual items and change arrangement, this programs require well prepared and tested tracks, and if you want to change something, you need to go back to original project, make all changes, export and import it again.
Is there any way to just hit spacebar on stage with Reaper?
myfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 03:23 PM   #2
DThompson55
Human being with feelings

Maybe someone can explain why a smart marker with !1008 doesn't pause right on the marker? I can tell from my meager testing, that is it not terribly consistent, hovering around a couple dozen milliseconds on my machine.

That said - I think your smart marker is the right approach. Maybe adding enough space between regions so it doesn't inadvertently play the first note of the next region.