Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 08-23-2021, 08:55 PM   #1441
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
thanks guys.
I dont know . I tried all the ports 8000/9000 to 8005/9005 and nothing. Only one way feed back. Its gotta be something with the tablet as my phone works. I guess its time for a tablet upgrade. thats the one good thing bout something old not working anymore....You get to upgrade bigger and better lol.
Because now that ive had this touch C4 surface i cant be without it.
Far be it from me, the guy who bought a new iPad+ethernet adapter (after returning another tablet) just recently just to run CSI, to tell you not to get a new tablet, but I really think it's just network related. They worked in the past right? If you have one-way communication to from TouchOSC to Reaper (or vice versa) that means they're communicating and you're close. It's just figuring out what's that one last thing that's not working.

Is your Send Port in Touch OSC the same as the CSI Receives On port in the CSI device preferences? Is the Receive Port in Touch OSC the same as the CSI Sends On port in the CSI prefs? Remember, they're flipped: send on one is receive on the other and vice versa. Is the Host IP address in TouchOSC the IP address of the actual PC. Is the IP address in CSI preferences the tablet IP address?

There's a nice trick here to get Reaper to you how to find your PC's IP address without having to mess with ipconfig. Considering your phone is working, you probably have that part right.
https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...cal-ip-address

Do you have a new router or some kind of firewall that may be blocking the traffic? It's going to be something like that. And if everything else is perfect, try a few different ports. 8001, 8002, 8005, 8008, etc. Restart Reaper when changing OSC settings just to be safe.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:13 AM   #1442
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Sorry if this has already been done, but did you double check all the IP addresses as well as the ports ?
Thanks Geoff. I think I checked evrything. I'll keep trying and check things again.Touch OSC works fine on my phone but not tablet.(which worked before I moved ).ill keep messing about. Thanks
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:18 AM   #1443
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Far be it from me, the guy who bought a new iPad+ethernet adapter (after returning another tablet) just recently just to run CSI, to tell you not to get a new tablet, but I really think it's just network related. They worked in the past right? If you have one-way communication to from TouchOSC to Reaper (or vice versa) that means they're communicating and you're close. It's just figuring out what's that one last thing that's not working.

Is your Send Port in Touch OSC the same as the CSI Receives On port in the CSI device preferences? Is the Receive Port in Touch OSC the same as the CSI Sends On port in the CSI prefs? Remember, they're flipped: send on one is receive on the other and vice versa. Is the Host IP address in TouchOSC the IP address of the actual PC. Is the IP address in CSI preferences the tablet IP address?

There's a nice trick here to get Reaper to you how to find your PC's IP address without having to mess with ipconfig. Considering your phone is working, you probably have that part right.
https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...cal-ip-address

Do you have a new router or some kind of firewall that may be blocking the traffic? It's going to be something like that. And if everything else is perfect, try a few different ports. 8001, 8002, 8005, 8008, etc. Restart Reaper when changing OSC settings just to be safe.
Thanks man. I'll keep trying.

Ethernet adapter?? Maybe that's something I need. Dont really know what that is or how to ?
I've been wanting a new tablet anyway.the one in question is old and on the smaller side screen wise for C4 layout.
But for now I'll keep tinkering
Thank you
Old 08-24-2021, 04:33 AM   #1444
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Thanks Geoff. I think I checked evrything. I'll keep trying and check things again.Touch OSC works fine on my phone but not tablet.(which worked before I moved ).ill keep messing about. Thanks
Cool, also make sure the phone and pad have the same IP address for the computer, but different ports.

Each IP can only have one connection per port.

So, if you use 8000/9000 for the phone, use 8001/9001 for the pad, or something like that.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:40 AM   #1445
StormBlåst

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I'd give the Pan button solution a try:

In your Buttons Zone put:
Code:
Pan  Reaper "_S&M_DUMMY_TGL1"  //Operates LED in button
Pan  GoZone  PanDisplay1
Pan  GoZone  PanDisplay2
Pan  GoZone  PanDisplay3
Pan  GoZone  PanDisplay4
Pan  GoZone  PanDisplay5
Pan  GoZone  PanDisplay6
Pan  GoZone  PanDisplay7
Pan  GoZone  PanDisplay8
and make a PanDisplay Zone like this:
Code:
Zone "PanDisplay"
TrackNavigator
Pan Reaper "_S&M_DUMMY_TGL1"    //Operates LED in button
Pan GoZone Home
DisplayLower| TrackPanDisplay
ZoneEnd
That Pan display solution seems to work fine with my unit. The only thing now is that it's only changing my main unit (Pro X) Pan display but if I am correct, I can make my other units follow it with that new Broadcasting thing.

Last edited by StormBlåst; 08-24-2021 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Found reason for long FXNames...
StormBlåst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:42 AM   #1446
MixMonkey

Quote:
On a side note ..i have some LuxMuzik display upgrades on the way for my MCU and XT because these stock displays are dimmer then the night itself. Are you familiar with this ? Im hoping you can say something good on them as they were a bit pricey ? Thanks again guys
I can definitely say something good about the LuxMuzik displays!

I retro fitted 14 of them (1 x MCU, 5 x XT and 2 x C4) They are fantastic.

Fitting them to an MCU or XT isn't difficult, just take your time. The C4 is more of a challenge!

Here's a good video for the take apart. He's actually replacing the existing electro luminescent display panel (you have a superior solution), but the dissassembly is the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeRHw711IFw

Here's an 'after and before' shot of my two C4s

I fitted all of these in February 2020 and they're all still going strong, with no fading (LED backlights)

Last edited by MixMonkey; 08-24-2021 at 04:59 AM.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:54 AM   #1447
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormBlåst View Post
That Pan display solution seems to work fine with my unit. The only thing now is that it's only changing my main unit (Pro X) Pan display but if I am correct, I can make my other units follow it with that new Broadcasting thing.
Glad it's working Yes, you're quite correct about broadcasting, I should have mentioned it. You'll need to put:
Code:
OnInitialization SetBroadcastGoZone
..in the main unit Home Zone, after the Navigator line.
and:
Code:
OnInitialization SetReceiveGoZone
...in the extender Home Zone, after the Navigator line.

Quote:
Btw, is there any solution for long parameter names in "FocusedFXParamNameDisplay"?
Alas no, not currently. FocusedFXParameter operates independently of the fx.zon files.
Old 08-24-2021, 07:28 AM   #1448
MixMonkey

Quote:
Last edited by StormBlåst; Today at 12:50 PM. Reason: Found reason for long FXNames...
So what was the solution for the long parameter names in FocusedFXParamNameDisplay?
Old 08-24-2021, 09:13 AM   #1449
Cragster

Quote:

Fitting them to an MCU or XT isn't difficult, just take your time. The C4 is more of a challenge!

Here's a good video for the take apart. He's actually replacing the existing electro luminescent display panel (you have a superior solution), but the dissassembly is the same:

I fitted all of these in February 2020 and they're all still going strong, with no fading (LED backlights)
oh man that's awesome. Great news thank you. Your before are exactly the way mine look now.
Is yours there the blue or white ? Stephen from Lux emailed me asking if I wanted blue or white . I chose blue. I'm sure they are both awesome.
Now I cant wait. Little kid on xmas eve lol. They shipped today !!
Old 08-24-2021, 09:46 AM   #1450
poetnprophet

Quote:

wow wow wow!
anyone have a link to the replacement displays? Will they work on older gen C4?
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:02 AM   #1451
StormBlåst

Quote:
Glad it's working Yes, you're quite correct about broadcasting, I should have mentioned it. You'll need to put:
Code:
OnInitialization SetBroadcastGoZone
..in the main unit Home Zone, after the Navigator line.
and:
Code:
OnInitialization SetReceiveGoZone
...in the extender Home Zone, after the Navigator line.

Alas no, not currently. FocusedFXParameter operates independently of the fx.zon files.

Goddamn I have been waiting for that Broadcasting thing... The smile on my face when I pressed that Pan button and all my units followed. Makes me really happy!

But naah, I didn't found any solution for "FocusedFXParameter"... Was just too hesitant to edit my post
Old 08-24-2021, 10:15 AM   #1452
MixMonkey

Quote:
oh man that's awesome. Great news thank you. Your before are exactly the way mine look now.
Is yours there the blue or white ? Stephen from Lux emailed me asking if I wanted blue or white . I chose blue. I'm sure they are both awesome.
Now I cant wait. Little kid on xmas eve lol. They shipped today !!
Mine are white, but the clear plastic in the case is blueish so it probably won't make much difference.

They have two little potentiometers on ribbon cables so you can adjust the brightness and viewing angle.
Old 08-24-2021, 10:18 AM   #1453
StormBlåst

Default Multiple FX Zones if interested

I have been making the finishing touches on updating all my FX Zones and thought that if anyone is interested, I could share them.

I have 32 plugins mapped on 8 channel controller with working SubZones including:

Empirical Labs - Arousor
Brainworx - SSL Console 4000 (EQ, Filters, Comp, Gate mapped)
Brainworx - Townhouse Bus Compressor
Fabfilter - Pro Q3 (All 24 bands mapped with dynamic controls)
Fabfilter - Pro MB (All 6 bands mapped)
Fabfilter - Pro G
Fabfilter - Pro C2 (Comp sidechain EQ mapped also)
Fabfilter - Pro L2
Fabfilter - Pro DS
Joey Sturgis Tones - Clip
Joey Sturgis Tones - Gain Reduction
Joey Sturgis Tones - Transify
Joey Sturgis Tones - Howard Benson Vocals
Joey Sturgis Tones - JW Bus Glue series (6 individual plugins)
Oeksound - Soothe 2 (Dynamic controls and EQ controls mapped)
Slate Digital - Trigger (Gate and "Curves" section isn't mapped)
SoundToys - Decapitator
SPL - Transient Designer
Waves - CLA 2A
Waves - CLA 3A
Waves - CLA 76
Waves - DBX 160
Waves - L1
Waves - L2
Waves - MaxxBass
Waves - RBass
Submission Audio - Flatline
Old 08-24-2021, 10:26 AM   #1454
MixMonkey

Quote:
Goddamn I have been waiting for that Broadcasting thing... The smile on my face when I pressed that Pan button and all my units followed. Makes me really happy!
We like happy. Happy is good

After I posted the Pan button solution, I came up with a variation that doesn't send all of the surface Home. It just GoZones the lower display. If sending the whole surface Home becomes a problem, let me know and I'll post the details.

Incidentally, if you have a GoZone Home button, you may find that the Pan button LED gets out of sync. This will only happen if you GoZone Home using the Home button rather than the Pan button.

No worries on the FocusedFXParameterDisplay, just thought you may of found a solution/workaround.
Old 08-24-2021, 10:40 AM   #1455
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
wow wow wow!
LuxDisplays:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mackie-Co...item23dafc9c22

There's probably a US listing as well.

It's listed as being compatible, but definitely check to see if anyone has actually done it.

Also be aware that replacing them in a C4 is a lot more work than an MCU or XT. The unit has to be completely disassembled and the old standoffs in the motherboard need to be drilled out and replaced to allow the 3 lower displays to fit.
Old 08-24-2021, 11:03 AM   #1456
StormBlåst

Quote:
We like happy. Happy is good

After I posted the Pan button solution, I came up with a variation that doesn't send all of the surface Home. It just GoZones the lower display. If sending the whole surface Home becomes a problem, let me know and I'll post the details.

Incidentally, if you have a GoZone Home button, you may find that the Pan button LED gets out of sync. This will only happen if you GoZone Home using the Home button rather than the Pan button.

No worries on the FocusedFXParameterDisplay, just thought you may of found a solution/workaround.
Ahhh that's right, the Pan button LED really does go out of sync that way. But in my workflow, I don't see that happening very often so it shouldn't be a problem.
But I will be posting if I have any problems.

But honestly big thank you for helping me out with that Pan Display thing and everything! My workflow and integration is near perfect soon, at least for now
Old 08-24-2021, 11:13 AM   #1457
Cragster

Quote:
wow wow wow!
I got mine through ebay. It was posted in UK money.
Old 08-24-2021, 01:13 PM   #1458
poetnprophet

Quote:
LuxDisplays:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mackie-Co...item23dafc9c22

There's probably a US listing as well.

It's listed as being compatible, but definitely check to see if anyone has actually done it.

Also be aware that replacing them in a C4 is a lot more work than an MCU or XT. The unit has to be completely disassembled and the old standoffs in the motherboard need to be drilled out and replaced to allow the 3 lower displays to fit.
Thanks dude. Yea I saw your original walk thru of the change a while back, I just forgot how great it looked. And, I think I can do this (nervous laugh)....it will be worth every effort for that end result no doubt.

edit, wow that's expensive, I'd need 4 for the C4, more than the price I paid for it haha.

cheers
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:43 PM   #1459
MixMonkey

Quote:
edit, wow that's expensive, I'd need 4 for the C4, more than the price I paid for it haha.
cheers
They are pricey, but it's a bit of well engineered, custom kit. If you're buying 4, see if Stephen will give you a discount

If the cost still doesn't make sense to you, you could replace the existing electro luminescent panels (the part that wears out) Not as complicated on the C4 as the LuxDisplays model, but does involve a bit of soldering. This is what I did a couple of times before I got the Luxes.

Here's the panel:https://www.backlight4you.com/EL-Pan...ated::967.html

The video I linked for @Cragster describes the process, albeit on the pro model.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:04 AM   #1460
Samuel_Meyer

Default 3 Questions: PanWidth, SendtiWidgets, Conceptual thing

Good Morning all together

I'm trying to update from CSI 1.0 to 1.1. As well as incorporate an extender.

The 2 Surfaces I have now is a Behringer X-Touch and an X-Touch Extender.

I use the MCU mst file and splited my former zone file as written in the wiki. Most of the stuff works as I hoped for, but some stuff not.

1.) I used a Panwidth zone as Mixmonkey proposed a while a go. But now my RotaryPush doesn't do anything at all. With the ReaperAction "CSI Toggle Show Input from Surfaces". I see that the RotaryPush function is correctly assign but nothing happens.

2.) One reason that I bought an extender was, to be able to have 16 sends in front of me. I wanted to use the "MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets" command for that. Set the X-Touch as Broadcast and the Extender as Receive. It now shows me 2 times the same first 8 sends. I could not find a solution yet.

3.) This is more of a conceptual question: On my MixTemplate I moved my FX Send Channels (like Reverbs, Delays and so on) to the beginning. so they are the first 16 Tracks. With some Reaper Actions I can open now each FX-PlugIn with a short cut. Now what I'd love to be able to do is to show the FX-Parameters on my X-Touch, have the Master Fader as the Volume Fader of the selected Channel and show the Receives of this Channel on my Extender. Is this possible at all?

Any help is appreciated.
Thx in advance.
Samuel_Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:24 AM   #1461
StormBlåst

I noticed strange behavior on action "NextPage" and I'm not sure if the problem is in my end.

So basically I wanted to make multiple pages where I have different configurations of my controller units, something like this:
-Home Page = 1 Pro X main controller, and 3 Pro XS Extensions
-2Units = 1 Pro X main controller, and 1 Pro XS Extensions
-1Unit = Only my Pro X main controller

And the reason is that I like to hide tracks that don't need to be seen at a particular moment so I don't need all my extension units all the time.

So I made a "Bypass" Zone that I activate before I switch Pages.
Cause I don't like how it twitches my faders at page switching,
it sounds kind of brutal and can't be good in the long run (I'm paranoid AF!).
So basically the Zone just clears all displays and actions from faders
Code:
Zone "Bypass"
	TrackNavigator
	ClickL2		GoZone Home
	VUMeter|		TrackOutputMeterMaxPeakLR
	/VUMeter|		TrackOutputMeterAverageLR
	DisplayUpper1	Empty
	DisplayLower1	Empty
	DisplayUpper3	PageNameDisplay
	DisplayLower3	Empty
	DisplayUpper2	Empty
	DisplayLower2	Empty
	DisplayUpper4	Empty
	DisplayLower4	Empty
	DisplayUpper5	Empty
	DisplayLower5	Empty
	DisplayUpper6	Empty
	DisplayLower6	Empty
	DisplayUpper7	Empty
	DisplayLower7	Empty
	DisplayUpper8	Empty
	DisplayLower8	Empty
	Fader|			NoAction
	TrackTouch+Fader|	NoAction
	FaderTouch|		NoAction
	MasterFader		NoAction
ZoneEnd
This is in my Buttons Zone
Code:
	ClickL2		GoZone Bypass1
	ClickL2		GoZone Bypass2
	ClickL2		GoZone Bypass3
	ClickL2		GoZone Bypass4
	ClickL2		GoZone Bypass5
	ClickL2		GoZone Bypass6
	ClickL2		GoZone Bypass7
	ClickL2		GoZone Bypass8
	Solo		NextPage // Cycles through the Pages
So now the problem is, while that thing works really well, it only works as it should after the first complete cycle of "NextPage".
In that first cycle, it goes to my Home Zone after each Page switch, but after that, it stays in that "Bypass" Zone and I can cycle there over and over. It's kind of strange...
Old 08-25-2021, 05:17 AM   #1462
MixMonkey

Quote:
So now the problem is, while that thing works really well, it only works as it should after the first complete cycle of "NextPage".
In that first cycle, it goes to my Home Zone after each Page switch, but after that, it stays in that "Bypass" Zone and I can cycle there over and over. It's kind of strange...
Whilst I'm not user of Pages (I've only got one!) I'm pretty sure that the behaviour would be to activate the Home Zone on page switch. You could maybe use:
Code:
OnInitialization GoZone Bypass
..to activate the Bypass Zone on Page switch.

Also, I don't think 'empty' is a real CSI command, just use NoAction if you want to blank the displays.
Old 08-25-2021, 05:41 AM   #1463
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel_Meyer View Post
Good Morning all together

I'm trying to update from CSI 1.0 to 1.1. As well as incorporate an extender.

The 2 Surfaces I have now is a Behringer X-Touch and an X-Touch Extender.

I use the MCU mst file and splited my former zone file as written in the wiki. Most of the stuff works as I hoped for, but some stuff not.

1.) I used a Panwidth zone as Mixmonkey proposed a while a go. But now my RotaryPush doesn't do anything at all. With the ReaperAction "CSI Toggle Show Input from Surfaces". I see that the RotaryPush function is correctly assign but nothing happens.
ZIP your CSI folder and I'll take a look.
Quote:
2.) One reason that I bought an extender was, to be able to have 16 sends in front of me. I wanted to use the "MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets" command for that. Set the X-Touch as Broadcast and the Extender as Receive. It now shows me 2 times the same first 8 sends. I could not find a solution yet.
I don't think you can spread the sends from a single channel across multiple surfaces, but this definitely should be a feature request
What you can do is bank the sends on a single surface (remember to set the maximum number of sends in the prefs). Here's my selected track Send Zone:
Code:
Zone "SelectedTrackSendSlot"
    SelectedTrackSendSlotNavigator
        Send                        Reaper "_S&M_DUMMY_TGL1"
        Send                        GoZone Home
        DisplayUpper|               TrackSendNameDisplay
        DisplayLower|               TrackSendPanDisplay
        Control+DisplayLower|       TrackSendPrePostDisplay
        Control+RotaryPush|         TrackSendPrePost
        Fader|Touch+DisplayLower|   TrackSendVolumeDisplay
        Mute|                       TrackSendMute
        Rotary|                     TrackSendPan
        Fader|                      TrackSendVolume
        BankLeft                    SendSlotBank -8
        BankRight                   SendSlotBank 8
ZoneEnd
Quote:
3.) This is more of a conceptual question: On my MixTemplate I moved my FX Send Channels (like Reverbs, Delays and so on) to the beginning. so they are the first 16 Tracks. With some Reaper Actions I can open now each FX-PlugIn with a short cut. Now what I'd love to be able to do is to show the FX-Parameters on my X-Touch, have the Master Fader as the Volume Fader of the selected Channel and show the Receives of this Channel on my Extender. Is this possible at all?
Probably Something along the lines of assigning a button to select the track, open the FX plugin, GoZone to its fx.zon for the main unit and GoZone to the Receives Zone on the extender. I'd take it a step at a time!
Old 08-25-2021, 07:10 AM   #1464
StormBlåst

Quote:
Whilst I'm not user of Pages (I've only got one!) I'm pretty sure that the behaviour would be to activate the Home Zone on page switch. You could maybe use:
Code:
OnInitialization GoZone Bypass
..to activate the Bypass Zone on Page switch.

Also, I don't think 'empty' is a real CSI command, just use NoAction if you want to blank the displays.

I'm pretty new to Pages also but as I recently acquired more extender units, I realized the usage of them

I tried to put that "OnInitialization GoZone Bypass" in my Home Zone but it wasn't working.

Maybe you got my explanation right but I want to clear things up to make sure.
What I mean by the first cycle is that after opening Reaper the first-ever cycle between my three Pages will cause my Bypass Zone to go Home Zone after each individual Page switch. But when I'm back on that Home Page, I can cycle through Pages without losing my Bypass Zone, and even re-cycling them.

So it's not that big of a thing cause it's working correctly after that first cycle but would be nice to make it work correctly right away.

EDIT: Okey so I found out that the Page switching kind of "resets" that Bypass Zone after loading new projects or when changing project tabs. And every time only the first cycle of Pages.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:49 AM   #1465
Samuel_Meyer

Default PanWidth Problems

Quote:
ZIP your CSI folder and I'll take a look.

Here we go. Thx for your help.

Tried your advice with the SelectedTrackSendSlot. But wasn't able to broadcast this to the extender. Neither could I find a Broadcast or Receice command for Broadcast SelectedTrackSendSlot on the Wiki-Page. I tried different commands but it didn't work out.

Greetings

P.S.: Am I right with the assumption, that also the FX Menu won't be spread over two surfaces?
Attached Files
File Type: rar ForMixMonkey.rar (164.9 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by Samuel_Meyer; 08-25-2021 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:55 PM   #1466
MixMonkey

Quote:
Here we go. Thx for your help.
I took a look through the files and made a few small changes.

I deleted the unused Send Zone, it's best not to have that stuff in the Zone folder. I didn't know whether you wanted the Sends to appear on the main surface or the extender, so there's a SelectedTrackSendSlot.zon in both their folders. Delete the one you don't want. Set the number of sends to a high number in the prefs and use the BankLeft/Right buttons to bank in sets of 8 when in the SelectedTrackSendSlot Zone.

You had a button to map the FX Menu, but no FX Menu Zone, so I added one.

I added the Broadcast and Receive statements to the MCU and XT Home Zones.

I tweaked the PanWidth and Channel Zones, see if it works any better now. I changed MCUTrackPan to TrackPan.

I added the TrackSendSlot Zone (this lets you see one send on many tracks). I put it on Shift+Send. See what you think. BankLeft/Right will move through the send slots one by one on all the channels.

You are correct that the FX Menu won't span the surfaces and currently won't bank like the Sends either. Both these things are being considered.

Last edited by MixMonkey; 01-30-2022 at 07:11 AM.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:10 AM   #1467
cjewellstudios

Just a quick question if anybody knows:

I've been away from my studio for a while, but I'm getting antsy for finishing my osc layout. Ok question:

When you change the EQ type on slick eq, does fxparamvalue return the names of different eq types?

The reason I ask is I can change the gui color in osc based on what that label says, just like the plugin color changes (nerding out alert!) Is that necessary? Probably not. But am I doing it? Well yeah, duh.

In that same vein, provided we put suffixes at the end of our tracks, I could also implement track coloring. It's a ton of work and I'm a ways out still but it's completely possible and I have all the tools to get it done.

Also, can someone say pop up menus? The new TouchOSC is off the proverbial chain.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:28 AM   #1468
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
When you change the EQ type on slick eq, does fxparamvalue return the names of different eq types?
Yes, it returns the names you see on the plugin GUI.

Quote:
The new TouchOSC is off the proverbial chain.
Did they fix the button feedback yet?
Old 08-26-2021, 08:46 AM   #1469
Funkybot

Quote:
Also, can someone say pop up menus? The new TouchOSC is off the proverbial chain.
I saw your video with the fader with the graphics and have no idea how you did that. You're definitely the new TouchOSC expert round these parts. I know I'm looking forward to what you come up with to try to pick it apart.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:28 AM   #1470
cjewellstudios

Quote:
I saw your video with the fader with the graphics and have no idea how you did that. You're definitely the new TouchOSC expert round these parts. I know I'm looking forward to what you come up with to try to pick it apart.
I'm looking forward to that!

@Mixmonkey:

No not yet. I've just been using a double button (with the same address) and messing with the transparency of the top one. Tedious but actually a cool effect overall.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:15 AM   #1471
Funkybot

Has the dev acknowledged the Local Feedback thing as an issue? I'd be happy to send off an email too if the dev needs some nudging on that one. But if he knows about it and plans on fixing it already, I wouldn't want to pester him.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:23 AM   #1472
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Has the dev acknowledged the Local Feedback thing as an issue? I'd be happy to send off an email too if the dev needs some nudging on that one. But if he knows about it and plans on fixing it already, I wouldn't want to pester him.

Honestly no.

I've had correspondence with them about it but he gave some things to try that were unsuccessful and then didnt reply to the following email.

Nudging maybe in order. If not just for a reminder.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:23 PM   #1473
MixMonkey

Quote:
Honestly no.

I've had correspondence with them about it but he gave some things to try that were unsuccessful and then didnt reply to the following email.

Nudging maybe in order. If not just for a reminder.
I sent them a complete set of CSI and TouchOSC files, along with comprehensive instructions for setting it all up with Reaper (which they said they had). This was a month ago.

I've heard nothing back.
Old 08-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #1474
Samuel_Meyer

Quote:
I took a look through the files and made a few small changes.

You had a button to map the FX Menu, but no FX Menu Zone, so I added one.

I tweaked the PanWidth and Channel Zones, see if it works any better now. I changed MCUTrackPan to TrackPan.
Thank you very, very much.

I know I sent you a work in Progress The FX Menu I was still adapting. And somehow funny; the MCUTrackPan was only in there, cause the TrackWidht Zone didn't worked. But with the files you sent me everything works now. Tweaked your SelectedTrackSendSlot a bit to my liking. Thx very much.

There is a CSI Action for InvertPolarity, Mute and Pan on Send level, is there also one for chaning the Send from Stereo to Mono, cause otherwise the Panning possibility is only of use for a Track which is paned center?
Old 08-27-2021, 06:07 PM   #1475
MixMonkey

Quote:
Thank you very, very much.
No problem, you're welcome Glad it got you rolling with V1.1

Quote:
There is a CSI Action for InvertPolarity, Mute and Pan on Send level, is there also one for chaning the Send from Stereo to Mono, cause otherwise the Panning possibility is only of use for a Track which is paned center?
Not that I know of, but it really needs to added Also, we only have 2 of the 3 Send Modes available as the Action just toggles. I'm sure they'll turn up in a future build

One thing I forgot to mention, if you use the CSI Actions for the track auto modes, the auto button LEDs on your surface will work. They need to be in their own Zone (SelectedTrackNavigator) and be in the IncludedZones in the Home Zone.

Here's the Zone:
Code:
Zone "AutoModes"
    SelectedTrackNavigator
        Read                        TrackAutoMode 1
        Write                       TrackAutoMode 3
        Trim                        TrackAutoMode 0
        Touch                       TrackAutoMode 2
        Latch                       TrackAutoMode 4
        Group                       Reaper "42023"              //Set track automation mode to latch preview
        Shift+Read                  GlobalAutoMode 1
        Shift+Write                 GlobalAutoMode 3
        Shift+Trim                  GlobalAutoMode 0
        Shift+Touch                 GlobalAutoMode 2
        Shift+Latch                 GlobalAutoMode 4  
        Shift+Group                 Reaper "42024"              //Set all tracks automation mode to latch preview
ZoneEnd
Remember to delete all those lines from your buttons Zone.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:09 PM   #1476
UNdark

Default modifiers

Hi - I asked a few posts back and am still struggling to get this working, so, 2 questions:
Can you still use two modifiers at once (it's not working for me here in v1)
Is there a way to auto remove a modifier state by choosing another modifier

Programming some large synth controls with 150+ parameters for MCU - works really well but stuck till i can get a work around or solve for this
Many thanks
Mike
Old 08-30-2021, 03:26 AM   #1477
Berg

Quote:
This new thread will provide a place to discuss customized setups, sort out configuration issues, etc.

Here is the wiki page with installation instructions, CSI concepts, etc.

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki

Here is the list of currently supported controllers, we will update it as more come online.

If your controller isn't listed and has 8/16 channels, you can always try the MCU, a lot of controllers will work, at least partially, with the MCU setup.

Code:
EuCon
Console 1
Icon Platform Nano
Launch Pad Mini MK3
Mackie MCU
Mackie MCUXT
Mackie C4
Qcon Platform B
Qcon Platform M
Qcon ProX New Firmware
Stienberg CMC-QC-2
X-Touch_One
Hi Geoff, did you test with your plugins to control Reaper with Avid Control application via Eucon ? Just trying but no success
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:14 AM   #1478
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg View Post
Hi Geoff, did you test with your plugins to control Reaper with Avid Control application via Eucon ? Just trying but no success
Have a look at this thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=255955

Plugins are not operational yet, but are next up.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:17 AM   #1479
Berg

Quote:
Have a look at this thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=255955

Plugins are not operational yet, but are next up.
Thanks, I had not the good eucon version ! Now it works.
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 11:59 AM   #1480
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Hi - I asked a few posts back and am still struggling to get this working, so, 2 questions:
Can you still use two modifiers at once (it's not working for me here in v1)
Is there a way to auto remove a modifier state by choosing another modifier

Programming some large synth controls with 150+ parameters for MCU - works really well but stuck till i can get a work around or solve for this
Many thanks
Mike
Hey Mike,

I'm on v1.1 but I dont recall there ever being a modifier problem in recent memory. You definitely should be able to use two modifiers. Pretty sure you can use all 4 at the same time.

Removing a modifier state would require some 3rd party trickery like bome midi translator but even then i think you would run into unintended issues. I take it you can't use subzones?