Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 01-06-2017, 08:11 AM   #1
Ozman
Human being with feelings

Default Media Explorer Pitch Detection/Correction

I don't know if others may consider this as a frivolous request, but I use a lot of loose samples for drums/percussions, they give me more control in pitch (one instrument per track or midi channel) <instead of whole drum sets>, and I find myself having to first detect pitch (using Melodyne), then show sample location in the Media Explorer, then drag to sampler (TAL Sampler) <this route allows me to drag and drop without further file duplication>.

Anyway, I found myself just now looking for bulk pitch detectors and just came to the realization that I should not be looking for another external solution to something that Reaper already does well (via ReaTune).

Is it possible to maybe add an optional column for Pitch in Media Explorer for when one, like myself, is going through directories of one-shot, monophonic samples?

And maybe even an option to have the pitch corrected to a specified pitch when dragging from the Media Explorer to the Arrangement/Track using CTRL + ALT <render to new file>?

Is this ridiculous to ya'll?
Or do you consider this a reasonable request?

Let me know.

Much thanx.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote