Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

View Poll Results: would you like to be able to select more than one menu / toolbar item at a time?
yes 2 100.00%
no 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
aspiringSynthesisingAlch
Human being with feelings

Default customise toolbars - select multiple items (for cut and paste)

I think that menu's are only exposed (in an ini) once ADDED - you can't copy and paste multiple menus (can you?)

I also think it could be quite easy (relatively speaking) to allow the selection of multiple items in the customise menus & toolbars section (which could be dockable?)

If it's cumbersome (because the menu can do other things) it could be that the multi-selection only works for cut / copy + paste, and that only non-menu elements can be multi-selected, and the cut and paste of menus remains one-at-a-time - I think that's how it works (I haven't moved any folder structures in menus - yet)

The benefit will be that, when customising menus, newcomers will be able to quickly make menus much more usable (especially on a 1366x768 res), where lengthy menus are cumbersome and intimidating - right now it takes longer than it should to make menu tweaks (I spent a few years back under the hood, ran out of time, now I'm back, and it's sooo close to being super-user-friendly, just a few more adjustments imho).

I could go on with further menu-enhanceement suggestions, but I think this could be easy to implement quickly, and gives instant value to .. every user, really.

implementation same as standard (almost exists on the stash, for group selecting non-adjacent items) ctrl 'remembers' selected, allows toggle selection of menu item, ctrl+shift would add a group to the selected group... terribly explained! hope you all know what I mean.

Many thanks
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote