Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 08-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Kn1fer
Human being with feelings

Default How to Change Speed/Tempo in Reaper

I've searched the forum and all the VST's in Reaper and I can't seem to find any sort of effect that is similar to the change tempo effect in Audacity.

I know about the playback rate slider in the interface changes speed but I need something that can change the speed of the track while maintaining pitch and not changing the other tracks in the same project.

Is there anything in Reaper that can do this?
Kn1fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
EvilDragon

Select the media items you want to change the playback speed of. Press F2, then "All at once". Check "Preserve pitch while changing rate". Change the playrate.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
Kn1fer

Thank you! that's exactly what I was looking for! Really would have preferred sliders though but this will do lol
Kn1fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
khushalbhadra

Any help on how can I "Gradually change my tempo" so that it doesn't sound automated. Its like I want to (Range a tempo) during the particular fills on my drums tracks. Is that possible. However, I am aware of the tempo change markers but I cannot range the tempo for gradual increase.
khushalbhadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #5
zappsunzorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushalbhadra View Post
Any help on how can I "Gradually change my tempo" so that it doesn't sound automated. Its like I want to (Range a tempo) during the particular fills on my drums tracks. Is that possible. However, I am aware of the tempo change markers but I cannot range the tempo for gradual increase.
Go to view\master track then hit the env (envelope button) on the master, from this you can adjust the tempo and playrate. You can also use your mouse wheel on the bpm indicator.
zappsunzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:22 AM   #6
alphared

thanks zappsunzorn - your post was helpful, but it's also useful to note that you should right-click on those points you create in the tempo map envelope and "set point shape" to "linear". then you can get gradual increases/decreases in tempo and not just sudden jumps.
alphared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:05 AM   #7
magicmusic

How can change the step for mousewheel tempochange so that it was 2 instead of 1. This is usefull, to need less wheel rotate to reach the goal. I think it also usefull in mixer. 1.5 db step is enough for me. default is 0.75 db.

The change of speed with mousewheel work in 1 steps. press shift and move wheel then work in 0.1 step. press ctrl and move wheel then it work in 0.01 steps. and press CTRL+shift and move wheel work in 0.001 step

I see no preference setting in mouse to change this. maybe it is possible that it can work double too. So 1 wheel step are on tempo 2 bpm, on mixer 1.5 db ?
to make it very precise, there are lots keys, but to move faster there seem nothing
magicmusic is offline   Reply With Quote