Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 02-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #41
serr
Human being with feelings

Check out the setup guide I posted. Hopefully this might help.

FYI: There's a Reaper Preference setting that turns the track mute buttons into on/off switches in that it disables processing on any track muted when the box is checked. In that mode, muting (ie. disabling) a track causes PDC to be recalculated for the entire mixing board since the plugins on said track have now been disabled. Doing such a thing causes mad clicking and popping as the audio streams are moved to new offsets. You'll want to turn this off if you intend to mute/unmute tracks as you mix.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #42
hermitcrab

Sorry Serr, i don't know what set up guide you mean. I have done the three things for AnticFX and preferences.

I have looked in preferences but cannot find the mute option, is it Buffering>allow live multiprocessing on CPU' ?
hermitcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:17 PM   #43
serr

"Mac Setup 101" right here on the OSX forum page

Reaper Preferences/Audio uncheck 'Do not process muted tracks'
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:16 PM   #44
hermitcrab

Thats brilliant thank you Serr.

I have read your 101 and am working though it - that is a great help, thanks for spending the time to do that.

Unchecking the 'do not process muted tracks' solved the problem of clicks and pops so thank you very much for that also.

With no fx on the project there is still a noticeable delay when muting a track on and off when it has a send to another ( auxiliary ) track that has Fx enabled ( green ). This happens even when the fx itself ( ReaEQ in this case ) is unchecked in the FX add/remove section and even when the auxiliary track itself is muted ! If i then add ReaVerb to the auxiliary channel, the delay / latency becomes much worse in the on / off muted track even though no reverb / pre delay is active ( unchecked in add/remove ). Could this be that the PDC is not working in this instance ?

This is also occurring on other projects and is repeatable ( in fact i can't get it to go away ! )

Do you know what could be causing this delay please ?

I've read that time machine can be used to reboot OS if replace mac HD.

http://www.imore.com/how-set-and-res...machine-backup ( last few paragraphs )

Is this correct ?

The problem for me is that i have time machine backup on my external drive but if i then use it for CCC to make a bootable backup i will lose time machine backups and have no earlier reference than present system, and there seems to be no easy way for me to change OS except for latest from apple.

If i change hyperthreading or other OS feature and mess it up, can time machine restore OS configuration ?

Sorry for all the questions but i am very poor with computers and desperately trying to get this system working with reaper.

Thanks again for all your help.

Last edited by hermitcrab; 02-26-2015 at 05:40 AM.
hermitcrab is offline   Reply With Quote