Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

View Poll Results: Would you find this feature useful?
Yes 4 80.00%
No 0 0%
I don't know 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2021, 07:51 AM   #1
Cabaleiro
Human being with feelings

Default A Better Undo History Panel

A verbose undo history panel that shows the name and value of the modified parameters, allows hiding and showing columns, and has a filter search. Additionally, it can have an 'infinite' undo history where only the first N states are saved normally, while the rest are stored as a string for future reference.
Lastly, create a checkbox preference to prompt the user for saving EVERY single modification of a parameter as a new state (actual behaviour), or wait until the parameter is released to save the last value modified as an undo state (new behaviour).

What's the benefit?
- The ability to see what you have actually changed. Instead of a generic 'edit FX parameter: Track X: FXName, the user could see a 'Edit "Gain" FX parameter: Track X: FXName, 3.1dB
- The possibility to see all the changes made to a specific effect or track over the course of several days, using the filter bar.

For what reason?
The actual undo history panel is functional, but lacks the information I mentioned, referred to effects.

Implementation suggestion (refer to the attachment):

[Filter:]
Edit FX parameter ReaEQ#1 'Gain' Track 1 +3.1dB 16:01:14 (The #1 should only show if there is more than once instance of the effect)
Add new track Track 9 16:01:14
Adjust "VocalBUS" volume Track 2 -2.08dB 16:01:14
|Toggle arming Track 2 ON 16:01:14 (The bar indicates that the undo states happened simultaneously)
|Toggle arming Track 3 ON 16:01:14 (So, this states will ALL be undone together)
|Toggle arming Track 4 ON 16:01:14
|Toggle arming Track 7 ON 16:01:14
Color track Track 1 FF0000 16:01:14
Attached Images
File Type: png imagen_2021-07-27_163957.png (18.5 KB, 69 views)
Cabaleiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:27 AM   #2
masonsjax
Human being with feelings

The extra detail would be nice to have, but I don't think I'd want to always see it.

Non-linear undo would be really cool. Sometimes I make a bunch of changes and wish I could undo a single change from a dozen steps back and keep everything after that.
masonsjax is offline   Reply With Quote