Old 11-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
andrew_k
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper can't open recorded media

I just installed Windows 7 Professional (clean install) and Reaper 3.73, both 64 bit. However after clicking stop when recording a track a message box appeared saying 'Error opening recorded media'. The track had recorded ok as I could see the .wav file in the Project folder. However when I tried to open it as a media item I got a similar message ('Error opening media'). I then tried simply importing an mp3 file. I knew everything was ok with this file as I had loaded it into in Guitar Rig 4 for a bit of a jam. Same error message. There is no doubt something incredibly trivial that I am doing wrong here. I'm using a Tascam FW-1082 as an audio interface and control surface, and default project settings. I record onto a separate hard drive (E drive). Any ideas much appreciated.
andrew_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
andrew_k

This appears to be fixed. Periodically when I turn on my Tascam FW-1082 the firewire light doesn't illuminate. When I switch it off this can result in a BSOD. Anyway, possibly as a result of this, the desktop icon for Reaper was pointing somewhere weird (I can't recall where, but to some cached version of it perhaps??). Getting the icon to point to the actual version of Reaper fixed the issue.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
Mr. Data

Good to know.

Normally, if you don't get replies it's only because nobody has an answer, not a lack of interest to help.

Ah, and BTW: Welcome to Reaperland!

-Data
Old 11-30-2010, 01:55 AM   #4
andrew_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Data View Post
Good to know.

Normally, if you don't get replies it's only because nobody has an answer, not a lack of interest to help.

Ah, and BTW: Welcome to Reaperland!

-Data
Hey, thanks for the welcome, much appreciated! Must say I'm loving Reaper (and, of course, am looking forward to version 4).
Old 11-30-2010, 02:27 AM   #5
Mr. Data

You're not alone.

-Data