Default v6.36+dev0918 - September 18 2021

v6.36+dev0918 - September 18 2021
  • * Includes feature branch: multichannel, multi-mono, multi-stereo ReaPlugs
  • * Includes feature branch: ReaLimit and render limiting
  • * Includes feature branch: ReaLimit
  • * Includes feature branch: MIDI editor note reordering
  • * Includes feature branch: media item lanes
  • + RMS: fix calculation with certain sample rates [t=257633]
  • + Render: option to apply common gain to stems applies to limiting as well as normalizing [p=2481724]
  • # ReaLimit: fix display on windows when display scaling is set
  • # Recording: tweak time selection autopunch PDC behavior [p=2348413]
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode

SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 03:59 PM   #2
Freiin
Human being with feelings

YEEES!

https://www.youtube.com/BlackDollMurder
Freiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:14 PM   #3
blumpy

Default $starttimecode

Is the $starttimecode wildcard broken?

I'd still love to see brickwall apply to stems. I know it's weird.... but would be very helpful in a pinch.
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 03:37 AM   #4
mabian

Why this? Is it a double?

* Includes feature branch: ReaLimit and render limiting
* Includes feature branch: ReaLimit

Thanks,
Mario
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:02 AM   #5
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpy View Post
Is the $starttimecode wildcard broken?

I'd still love to see brickwall apply to stems. I know it's weird.... but would be very helpful in a pinch.
$starttimecode appears to work fine here.

The brickwall limit option still applies to stems. If you have are doing a stem render, you have the additional options to normalize/limit each file separately, or to normalize/limit the master mix and apply that common gain (reduction) to stems.

But we are thinking of changing this so the render limiting option is grayed out if you are applying common gain to stems. The common-gain-reduction-to-stems behavior in +dev0918 does what it says it does, but it doesn't seem very useful because if you have printed the master gain reduction into the stems, you can't do anything useful with those stems except sum them back together at +0dB.

Last edited by schwa; 09-19-2021 at 06:13 AM.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 07:34 AM   #6
blumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
$starttimecode appears to work fine here.

The brickwall limit option still applies to stems. If you have are doing a stem render, you have the additional options to normalize/limit each file separately, or to normalize/limit the master mix and apply that common gain (reduction) to stems.

But we are thinking of changing this so the render limiting option is grayed out if you are applying common gain to stems. The common-gain-reduction-to-stems behavior in +dev0918 does what it says it does, but it doesn't seem very useful because if you have printed the master gain reduction into the stems, you can't do anything useful with those stems except sum them back together at +0dB.
Believe me, I get it. It’s bad engineering to use brick wall limiting to increase the RMS level as if gain reduction was across all stems via a composited sidechain…. But in a pinch it would be a great feature.

As for the wildcard, I think I figured it out. On my end it looks like $starttimecode has been changed to $starttc. With “$starttimecode” the beta build of reaper was adding xx-xx-xx-xxtimecode to the file names. Unfortunately this new wildcard uses xx.xx.xx.xx instead of xx-xx-xx-xx. It would be nice to be able to select or assign the separator for hr:min:second:frame. For instance on the shows I work on the TC position in the file name is xxxxxx without separation and the hour digits removed if the position other than 01 hour.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:14 AM   #7
jm duchenne

Hi,

With the new system for selecting the number of plugins channels in the pin connection window (instead of in the GUI itself, which was practical ...):
- the selected value is not saved / kept when saving a Preset
- when the number of channels of the track or item is greater than about 30, the channels selectors are not correctly placed at the bottom of the window but are superimposed in the middle until the window is refreshed or is resized (Windows 10)
jm duchenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 04:12 AM   #8
Mercado_Negro

Could you please take a look at this behavior on REAPER ARM? https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=19
Old 09-20-2021, 04:28 AM   #9
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpy View Post
It would be nice to be able to select or assign the separator for hr:min:second:frame. For instance on the shows I work on the TC position in the file name is xxxxxx without separation and the hour digits removed if the position other than 01 hour.
You can use the <> substitution to replace characters. $starttc<.x> resolves to HHxMMxSSxFF, $starttc<.> resolves to HHMMSSFF without separators, etc.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 05:19 AM   #10
heda

ReaLimit

On Linux:
Threshold label is cut by one pixel on the last d letter and it reads like Thresoldc
edit: ah no.. it was because I was using a custom libSwell.colortheme file to fix some colors too
fixed editing it to
default_font_face Open Sans
default_font_size 12
instead of 13

another thing (minor)
when using the "Link" checkbox, maybe change the bottom number range limit of "Brickwall Ceiling" from -6.0 to -60.0 like the Threshold ? And then set it back to -6.0 if unlinking. Maybe it makes sense. This could be used when using limiter on mixing tracks, not just the master track where the ceiling is not going to be changed much.

Last edited by heda; 09-20-2021 at 06:29 AM.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:55 PM   #11
blumpy

Quote:
You can use the <> substitution to replace characters. $starttc<.x> resolves to HHxMMxSSxFF, $starttc<.> resolves to HHMMSSFF without separators, etc.
I had no idea! Thank you!
Old 09-29-2021, 06:41 AM   #12
lexaproductions

Quote:
Is there any way to simply replace a word with nothing?

Let's say I have a track named: "drs bass drums" and I'm trying to rename it to "bass drums"

it seems like
Code:
$track<drs >
would yield " ba um"
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote